News Forum - NACC ordered to disclose their findings regarding Deputy PM Prawit’s watch scandal

Thaiger

The National Anti-Corruption Commission has been ordered by the Central Administrative Court to show their findings in regard to an investigation into the pricey wristwatches that Deputy PM Prawit Wongsuwan has been noted to wear in public. The court ruling came yesterday. The court decided that the findings should be revealed, such as witness testimonies and Prawit’s testimonies, in order to show the transparency and accountability of the NACC. A gesture that Thai PBS says would improve the public’s trust and confidence in the commission. Also, part of the ruling was the decision that the entity or individual who started […]

The post NACC ordered to disclose their findings regarding Deputy PM Prawit’s watch scandal appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

NACC absolved Prawit of any wrongdoing and stated he made no intention of making a false assets declaration by not including the 22 luxury watches people had seen him wear. The NACC said the Deputy PM stated he’d borrowed all the watches from a former classmate, and already returned them.

Next level of disclaim !!! Salute !!! 

1 minute ago, Graham said:

Might as well disclose his bank accounts and properties at the same time,

They may even find plastic bags on his properties, it may link him to Joe Ferrari.

• Like 1

Watch the news, and watch as the NACC decide to spring into action while being wound tight around the mainsprings.  Nothing will come out, the watches will be found to have been returned to the grave marker and cemented back inside with the old boys ashes.

I recall a story from a while ago...

Three friends were at a funeral of one of their peers and were chatting away about what a wonderful guy he was. 

"When I was down and out, he lent me some cash to tide my family over until we could get back on our feet. I feel awful that I never repaid him." said one of them.

"When my child was sick, he gave me the cash to pay for the needed medicine; I owed him a lot. I also feel terrible that I never got to return the favour or the money." added the second man.

"He helped me too" said the retired Army Chief and Deputy Prime Minister. "Millions of my army unit's cash was missing and I was blamed. But I didn't cheat him as the two of you did; I threw a cheque into his coffin just before they closed the lid!".

• Haha 3

Back in December of 2018, the NACC absolved Prawit of any wrongdoing and stated he made no intention of making a false assets declaration by not including the 22 luxury watches people had seen him wear. The NACC said the Deputy PM stated he’d borrowed all the watches from a former classmate, and already returned them.

ABOUT TIME !!! 

Forgive the pun

"The court decided that the findings should be revealed, such as witness testimonies and Prawit’s testimonies, in order to show the transparency and accountability of the NACC. A gesture that Thai PBS says would improve the public’s trust and confidence in the commission. Also, part of the ruling was the decision that the entity or individual who started the case has the right of access to information of state agencies, whose duty it is to reveal the information as per Sections 41 and 59 of the Constitution."

I was thinking about this story as I rode my bike today, and it sounds like the court is saying that the public can file 'Freedom of Information Requests' or whatever they are called in your respective countries. Then, I started wondering exactly what I would like to know about the Thai pollical structure.

My top two;
  • Precisely how much money are members of the Legislature and members of the Senate paid to attend committee meetings? Are there extra expenses/honourariums provided surrounding committee business? And, are attendance records kept? 
  • In the last election, or more accurately in the run-up to the last election, Prayut seemed to have an extraordinary number of 'government' meetings in marginal/contested constituencies, especially in Issarn, and flew there almost every week. I would like to see the costs for each flight, the reasons given on why people had to go, and a passenger manifest for each and every flight.
Any other political junkies have a "Freedom of Information Request'?

And, yes, I know that it won't happen; I am a 'Dreamer of Dreams'!

Too bad.