News Forum - Pattaya reopening likely to snub nightlife, favor other attractions

Thaiger

11 hours ago, pascal said:

what ever they decide the paramount must be the safety and health of locals and tourists, i do not believe the present conditions should allow to reopen what we can call super spreader event or spot. bars and discotheques will allow the virus to spread at high speed. However there is no doubt we will have to live with, going for vacations and come back sick might not be a good option . Logic should be peoples won t travel before a cure does exist or a cure which does limit the covid's effect to a simple flu ....... not sure this will happen.

so reopening mass tourist as it was will be still a high risk, as far as i read , the vaccine is not the whole solution, masks, behaviour and so on ...  may remain for quite some times. I not see myself going to pattaya in bar with mask and respecting social distancing lol .... so yes  a different kind of tourism may take place, but really i do not believe this new sort of tourism will bring the same amount of devises that the old fashion way did. Hence the number of jobless peoples will increase exponentially with an impact on safety and security ..... 

so could it be the best way so far is wait for better days before reopening the night life venues which is, and we must be honest about it, if not the heart of thai tourism, a big part of it. In all case it will be hard to re-start the engine and get full power. What i do know is many friends are struggling to survive, hence, covid started to touch their family making things even worse. I feel as Thai peoples  start only to be scared of covid. I don t think most of Thai peoples want see a mass of foreigner coming back and make everything worse.

so who really wants to reopen night life venues?????????????????

Not me, shut it down until further notice ( I think at least 6 months) or else there will be 4th wave coming up, it will get worse. Bars/gogo bars closed are not an issue for reopening.

Edited by ace035
  • Like 1

Reopening Pattaya so soon  while the rate of vaccination is very low, can be dangerous and could indeed lead to another lengthy round of closures and restrictions.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ace035 said:

Bars/gogo bars closed are not an issue for reopening.

So, without them, what does Pattaya actually have to offer that is going to bring in those foreign tourists with their wads of cash, and what would they spend it on?

1 hour ago, MrStretch said:

So, without them, what does Pattaya actually have to offer that is going to bring in those foreign tourists with their wads of cash, and what would they spend it on?

What does Pattaya actually have to offer:
Exactly....perhaps cultural pursuits ?    Oops.....wrong city for that 🤣🤣

Woohoo, but they are opening Bangkok on Oct 1st...I mean 15th.....Ohhh never mind!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Well I would bet the Japanese will reroute if there is no fun nightlife going on. I sort of see it the same, some screw brain like Fathead with a P in his name trying to change it to be what he snd some of them want to. Take away the street carts and food everywhere, the night life and what do they have left? Not much of what drives tourism. 

What they have left is little to nothing. Not a high end destination for wealthy people, like they see in their fantasies and false glorification sessions. If they get rid of alot of the nightlife, I will reduce my tourist arrival predictions from 1.5 million in 2022, to 800,000, with no restrictions. And by 2026, without any covid nonsense to deal with, I would reduce my forecast of 5 million annually, to 3 million. Mostly Chinese, Indian and Malaysian. And mostly low spenders. Thousands of hotels, restaurants, nightclubs, and other spots would end up closing, drawing out the economic recovery for many, many years.

Do the billionaire leaders care? Likely not. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Do the billionaire leaders care? Likely not.

Why would they the wolves care as they wear the sheep's clothing outwardly for the world to see. They will still have their high end entertainment places to go and do what they want in the private rented suites on the premises.

1 hour ago, MrStretch said:

Lots of stuff to spend on that Pattaya has to offer: souvenirs, shopping, going to the mall, food & restaurant or not spend at all if that's a choice. The entertainment venues where the COVID-19 started just want to avoid that.

• Haha 1

Personally, It will be a relief when the human trafficking in Pattaya is shut down permanently.

I return to Pattaya again and again, mainly for non-nightlife fun, including the:

1. World class beach, far more beautiful than Bermuda, Sri Lanka, Virgin Islands, Polynesia, Cayman Islands and Zanzibar.
  2. Access to world-class sporting. Including; banana boats, jet ski, and floating on giant inflatable swans.
  3. Some of the finest cuisine on planet - German schnitzel shops, mall sushi, authentic itlalian pizza, Mcdonalds and Sizzlers.
  4. The underwater-submarine tour - simply a breathtaking portal into the underwater world
  5. Excellent diving and snorkeling opportunities near Jomptian. The coral is rich and plentiful.
  6. Supporting the indigenous population through purchasing hand made crafts like 'Bad Boys Go to Pattaya' magnets, plastic dongs, butterfly knives, resin Buddhas, chopstick sets, real-silk-boxers, and knock-off everything.
  7. The joys of riding on a baht bus, or motorbike taxi - riding on the back with no helmet - this is freedom!
  8. Ancient and historical architecture, like the 7eleven on Soi Beach Rd 1.
  9. War memorabilia - including plane sticking out of the mall on Soi Beach Rd. 2
  10. Finally, authentically nice Thai people that will always greet you with a genuine smile and wai.

There IS more to do than Pattaya than just hit the bars... Lead the way tourism board.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Americanbob said:

Personally, It will be a relief when the human trafficking in Pattaya is shut down permanently.

I return to Pattaya again and again, mainly for non-nightlife fun, including the:

1. World class beach, far more beautiful than Bermuda, Sri Lanka, Virgin Islands, Polynesia, Cayman Islands and Zanzibar.
  2. Access to world-class sporting. Including; banana boats, jet ski, and floating on giant inflatable swans.
  3. Some of the finest cuisine on planet - German schnitzel shops, mall sushi, authentic itlalian pizza, Mcdonalds and Sizzlers.
  4. The underwater-submarine tour - simply a breathtaking portal into the underwater world
  5. Excellent diving and snorkeling opportunities near Jomptian. The coral is rich and plentiful.
  6. Supporting the indigenous population through purchasing hand made crafts like 'Bad Boys Don't Go to Pattaya anymore' magnets, plastic dongs, butterfly knives, resin Buddhas, chopstick sets, real-silk-boxers, and knock-off everything.
  7. The joys of riding on a baht bus, or motorbike taxi - riding on the back with no helmet - this is freedom!
  9. War memorabilia - including plane sticking out of the mall on Soi Beach Rd. 2
  10. Finally, authentically nice Thai people that will always greet you with a genuine smile and wai.

There IS more to do than Pattaya than just hit the bars... Lead the way tourism board.

Had to adjust one bit 😉

17 hours ago, thai3 said:

There is more to Thai culture than temples and crappy street food. Nightlife really means sleaze, bars are really brothels, or at least pick up joints for prostitutes and massage parlors in Pattaya are hardly from the Wat Po school  It's a move in the right direction, they should actively start to discourage the sex trade and the low life's who come here for it. 

But what else is there in Pattaya for tourists?

For those living there, plenty, but for tourists?

What?

20 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

I'd never heard about that before. Why buy/stay in a location overlooking Nana if you're a prude?

It reminds of the story of a foreign tour group visiting Japan years ago. They came upon a group of Japanese women bathing naked in a river.
One of the foreign women appeared to be offended. She asked the tour guide to ask the naked bathers if it was considered rude to bathe naked in Japan.
The reply came back, "No, but it is considered very rude to stare at naked bathers."

The reason all the hotels and high rise blocks are there is because they are on or just off what is arguably the main street in Bangkok, Sukhumvit.My guess it was cover it or it gets closed down

1 hour ago, Americanbob said:

6. Supporting the indigenous population through purchasing hand made crafts like 'Bad Boys Go to Pattaya' magnets, plastic dongs, butterfly knives, resin Buddhas, chopstick sets, real-silk-boxers, and knock-off everything.

You forgot about the nice lady boys who are security on some of the dark streets.

16 hours ago, ace035 said:

Absolutely, good call, do not open up the entertainment venues or nightlife or else there will be another 4th wave coming up and another surge of COVID-19 virus then will be shut down again forever.

So to protect us from more surges of the COVID19 waves, all work camps, markets and interprovincial travel should be shut down? 

Those bars and entertainment figures also can be reflected in hotels and restaurants. Remember bars and entertainment are forced shut, unlike hotels and restaurants at this time. Without this places thriving it will be a hard decision to holiday there, and look for something that has areas where one can go and Holiday. 

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

So to protect us from more surges of the COVID19 waves, all work camps, markets and interprovincial travel should be shut down? 

Those bars and entertainment figures also can be reflected in hotels and restaurants. Remember bars and entertainment are forced shut, unlike hotels and restaurants at this time. Without this places thriving it will be a hard decision to holiday there, and look for something that has areas where one can go and Holiday. 

So in other words, what the heck they've been doing the last 18 months? Nothing happen, all they do is talk..talk..talk..no progress in controlling this COVID-19 instead they making it worse. You know who they are "Thai government" & CCSA. Instead of helping their people on restoring economy & mass tourism, they kept worrying on quarantine. Did it improve? Heck no...Look at America, UK, & Europe right now, they already restore their economy & who cares about COVID-19.

12 minutes ago, ace035 said:

So in other words, what the heck they've been doing the last 18 months? Nothing happen, all they do is talk..talk..talk..no progress in controlling this COVID-19 instead they making it worse. You know who they are "Thai government" & CCSA. Instead of helping their people on restoring economy & mass tourism, they kept worrying on quarantine. Did it improve? Heck no...Look at America, UK, & Europe right now, they already restore their economy & who cares about COVID-19.

Things aren't great here now, with plenty of errors.

But until April 2021 we had it pretty good, compared to Europe and the US... 80 deaths. Did you follow the numbers of deaths they suffered? Millions!

The reason they are opening up the countries in the west, is that they have high numbers of vaccinated people. They won't get seriously sick or die in big numbers.

Here in Thailand they started vaccinating much too late. And until we're vaccinated to a high degree, there's no way you can let people move around the country and spread Delta. That is what has started now, and I predict a higher death toll in 2-3 weeks.

All that because the vaccinated people feel safer and don't care about the people that didn't get vaccinated yet!