Everything you need to know about Thai curries

Thaiger

If you’re a fan of Thai food, chances are, you’ve probably already tried at least a variation of Thai curry. After all, curries are an important part of Thai food. But what exactly is Thai curry? What makes them so rich and tasty? What are the varieties of Thai curry? And what makes it so different from Indian curry? Well, make sure to keep reading to find the answer to all of your questions about this flavourful Thai cuisine. What is Thai curry? The term ‘Thai curry’ can refer to both Thai curry dishes and the Thai curry paste used […]

The post Everything you need to know about Thai curries appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I absolutely love a good Thai curry. Unfortunately during the COVID-19 times I can't get to Thailand to hang out at the local market and eat to my hearts desire. Here in New Zealand we can get the various pastes and coconut milk but so far I can't find the little Thai eggplant that is so important for my green curry. Roll on quarantine free travel. 

I love a good Massaman curry although I usually find Thai's over-sweeten the dish.

My personal favourite is our Burmese style Hinlay or Hanglay curry.  Spellings are as varied as the recipes though I adapted one (from 2) and make it with genuine spices which include mace, no chili, but loads of garlic and ginger for heat.

15 hours ago, Jafagreg said:

I absolutely love a good Thai curry. Unfortunately during the COVID-19 times I can't get to Thailand to hang out at the local market and eat to my hearts desire. Here in New Zealand we can get the various pastes and coconut milk but so far I can't find the little Thai eggplant that is so important for my green curry. Roll on quarantine free travel. 

Where are you located mate?  There is a little Asian lady at the Riverside Farmers Market in Lower Hutt (https://www.huttvalleynz.com/experience/eat-and-drink/riverbank-market/ ) that sells authentic ingredients including the Thai egg plants you mention, fresh pepper corns and the more common stuff such as kaffir limes leaves and lemon grass stems. 

She has a red van and is usually situated in the mid section towards the south end. HTH