What to pack for your vacation to Thailand

Thaiger

Travelling to Thailand is such an exciting experience, but trying to work out what you should pack and bring to the country can be a bit daunting. Overpacking is a common mistake almost every traveller makes, especially when travelling to a country as diverse as Thailand. It’s understandable to stuff your bags with things that rarely get used, like extra towels, a second jacket, extra batteries, and snorkel gears. After all, Thailand is far away from home, causing your mind to run through what-if scenarios. However, the country has everything you need to survive and have an unforgettable trip! Below, […]

The post What to pack for your vacation to Thailand appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

12 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Yes, you never know if you end up at a resort with an Indian wedding😬

I have them in most of the time, blocks out all the Thai babble from the mrs and family/friends

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

but trying to work out what you should pack and bring to the country can be a bit daunting.

???  Never had that problem.  Passport, Smartphone, charger, money.  A few shirts, shorts if you have favorites. Favorite sandals. All clothing available here cheap and even my prescription drugs are available at Fascinos without a prescription.  Phrase books, travel books and such were important in the 90's before the smartphone.  Never needed a power plug converter, I've been seeing this listed on travel sites as a necessity for 25 years and honestly never used one in the last 25 years traveling and now living here.

It's all good man

Peace

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Travelling to Thailand is such an exciting experience

Maybe these days the words used should be ….  daunting, scary, unsure, paper inhibiting, racially exclusive, what ever will be will be, TAT figures are always 100% correct, ….. but Thailand is still a beautiful country, shame it is being downtrodden by inept politicians. People these days should trade exciting for safe.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Maybe these days the words used should be ….  daunting, scary, unsure, paper inhibiting, racially exclusive, what ever will be will be, TAT figures are always 100% correct, ….. but Thailand is still a beautiful country, shame it is being downtrodden by inept politicians. People these days should trade exciting for safe.

When you travel around Thailand and see all the trash dumped everywhere, the air pollution, and the plastic in the sea, you start to think NO, this is not a beautiful country. It was beautiful when I first visited in 1984. Now it is a dump.

1 hour ago, TukTuk said:

Packing, you really to understand the month you are traveling. It is the monsoon season? Cold season? Etc. 

"Cold season"... lol. The coldest it gets in Thailand is what we call "August" here.

11 hours ago, JamesE said:

"Backpacks are favoured by the majority of people."

And every freaking one of them stands next to me on the BTS spinning around to catch all the sights.

Yes but the difference is a real true backpacker will make you do a vomit launch from their stench. All others are just pretenders.

And isn't it sort of true now that the modern day backpacker is probably quite well off in some sort of tech company or just out from graduating University on their way to wealth?

If you see the nowadays youngsters who work for tech companies say in Silicon Valley or other states in the USA, you would never think they are making 5 - 6 digit salaries with stock.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Yes, but that was before my sex change operation:

silver metallic bikini metalic swim crop top bikinis two ...

Oh my. If I was blind I might be tempted if you didn't still smell like a man.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yes but the difference is a real true backpacker will make you do a vomit launch from their stench. All others are just pretenders.

And isn't it sort of true now that the modern day backpacker is probably quite well off in some sort of tech company or just out from graduating University on their way to wealth?

If you see the nowadays youngsters who work for tech companies say in Silicon Valley or other states in the USA, you would never think they are making 5 - 6 digit salaries with stock.

Homeless Chic. I was in our local farm & garden store the other day and in their small clothing section they had a T-shirt: US$65. I don't understand.

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Apart from gap year students , do youngsters  still go backpacking today ?

20 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Apart from gap year students , do youngsters  still go backpacking today ?

Ibiza, Florida Spring Break and Gold Coast Schoolies ….. short time mass parties!

Something for their Facebook, Instagram and Tik Tok