Expatvac

Rowdy

I registered on expatvac 11th August.

I have not heard anything from them since.

I'm 76 years old with a heart condition.

Has anyone on the forum had any luck getting the vaccine with Expatvac ?

Sorry If I have put this in the wrong section.

If they are aware of your heart condition they may not want to give you the vax.

For my vax at the local hospital, endless questions on health and then blood pressure test and oxygen blood test. Some Thais they refused on high blood pressure alone, some others must have had medical problems and were segregated to another room, most were elderly.  Maybe they were being over cautious.

Registering at you local hospital may speed things up for you and probably the best place to have your vax anyway.  Some are now having vax at the local temples which you may want to avoid.

Good luck, take care.

• Like 3

Depends where you live as to how this crazy mixed up system was applied.  Long and short of it is you'd need to keep in contact with the local 'managers' which in Chiang Mai was > https://www.chiangmaihealth.go.th/wallofcm/booking.php

And on our local FB page various updates were listed > https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChiangMaiNewsinEnglish/

Ultimately I rec'd a call from a volunteer Expat during the 2nd round of vax, for Sino/AZ, which I declined. 

I've never had a response from the Pfizer round which I also signed up for although it has been randomly assigned thru a variety of hospital and clinics as mentioned on FB.  Very uncoordinated.

You'll need to do a bit of investigation and possibly just turn up at a vax site with all required ID and booking data in hand. 

Good luck.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

Has ANYONE gotten any useful information back or successful vaccination(s) from Expatvac?

Yes i did,registered early in August and received my second injection two days ago

in Cha-am hospital.both doses were Pfizer.

There was a Swedish man with very high blood pressure (168 he told me) but he

also was vaccinated.

Some cha-am foreigners went to Med-park i know but they were just two days ahead of me.

• Like 2

I live in Rayong province. I have called Bangkok Rayong hospital but they have no vaccine.

Tried calling Ban Chang Hospital several times but no answer.

Mrs Rowdy went for vaccine with her work, I went along but told "Only for Thais"

Local Govt came around our Soi pushing the vaccine Mrs went out and asked but again "Only for Thais"

Thank you everyone for your replies.

4 hours ago, palooka said:

If they are aware of your heart condition they may not want to give you the vax.

For my vax at the local hospital, endless questions on health and then blood pressure test and oxygen blood test. Some Thais they refused on high blood pressure alone, some others must have had medical problems and were segregated to another room, most were elderly.  Maybe they were being over cautious.

Registering at you local hospital may speed things up for you and probably the best place to have your vax anyway.  Some are now having vax at the local temples which you may want to avoid.

Good luck, take care.

I thought if you had a chronic health problem you would get priority.

Im 38. Got pfizer 1st dose in BKK at a fancy hospital on 13th Sept.

I registered on expatvac on the 1st day it was available (Aug 1 from memory) and got my appointment confirmation by email 1 week before my jab. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HappyExpat said:

Has ANYONE gotten any useful information back or successful vaccination(s) from Expatvac?

No, I went to the walk-in Pfizer day in CM on 3 September. Never got notified by expatvac.

Then received an email from expatvac a week later that I could get my first jab on 13 September...

Useless...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

I live in Rayong province. I have called Bangkok Rayong hospital but they have no vaccine.

Mrs Rowdy went for vaccine with her work, I went along but told "Only for Thais"

Local Govt came around our Soi pushing the vaccine Mrs went out and asked but again "Only for Thais"

40 minutes ago, Choppers said:
55 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

Expand  

Wow! that rego didn't take long....anyway Rowdy,

I live in Banchang and my reg with expatvac was rejected n early August. I then registered with Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for the AZ, got an appt. for 17th August and received Pfizer in lieu of AZ. I had my 2nd shot of Pfizer last Tues, 7th Sept.

Maybe give BPH a call and see if you can get in there.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Choppers said:

I live in Banchang and my reg with expatvac was rejected n early August. I then registered with Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for the AZ, got an appt. for 17th August and received Pfizer in lieu of AZ. I had my 2nd shot of Pfizer last Tues, 7th Sept.

Thank you for that.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 1:50 PM, Choppers said:

I registered at BPH last night, today they sent me SMS booking me in for 1st Vaccine Wednesday 

22/9. This is far better than Expatvac. 

Once again thank you @choppers.

On 9/16/2021 at 9:59 AM, HappyExpat said:

I live in the Korat province.  Registered 10th Aug. Called forward by email at 2230 on 23rd for attendance at Central Plaza Korat the next day ! Only an hour away from me. After vaccination was given 14th Sep for second jab. Both events where well handled. Took 2 hours each.

I suppose it all comes down to what area you live in and now proficient they are.

i