News Forum - Phuket unveils new strategy for Covid-19, hospital shortages

Thaiger

After the release of official figures showing that Phuket is down to its last 10% of available beds for Covid-19 patients, Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew announced a revamping of the province’s strategy on the pandemic. The governor also insists that there’s plenty of beds in the hospitals and there is no shortage despite what the official numbers and math show. According to Phuket Provincial Public Health Office statistics, there are only t257 remaining hospital beds, nearly equal to the number of infections uncovered in the province each day. But Governor Narong Insist that there’s no problem, saying that they have […]

The post Phuket unveils new strategy for Covid-19, hospital shortages appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hospitals say no beds

Governor Says many beds

Aha theres spare beds been put in tent in a  squalid  carpark

No problems toursts will be falling over themselves  now in their attempts to flock there

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Surprise Surprise - they have run out of hospital beds in Phuket.  Who would have thought?  Words fail to truly grasp the seriousness of this situation. Any tourist currently in Phuket who is reading this, please be careful and dont get injured while you are staying there. Cancel that boat ride, and mountain bike, and flying fox, etc etc etc - no taxi, taxi bike or tuk tuk, and be careful crossing the road. What a great situation they have achieved - come to Thailand - but dont get sick or injured as there are no hospital beds - and the wards are full of covid patients. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Surprise Surprise - they have run out of hospital beds in Phuket.  Who would have thought?  Words fail to truly grasp the seriousness of this situation. Any tourist currently in Phuket who is reading this, please be careful and dont get injured while you are staying there. Cancel that boat ride, and mountain bike, and flying fox, etc etc etc - no taxi, taxi bike or tuk tuk, and be careful crossing the road. What a great situation they have achieved - come to Thailand - but dont get sick or injured as there are no hospital beds - and the wards are full of covid patients. 

Gee Bob, don't panic, we will get through it mate.

You just need to harden up a bit.

Hospitals all around the world have been over flowing much worse than here with hundreds dying.

What flying fox places are open in Phuket anyway?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RobMuir said:

Gee Bob, don't panic, we will get through it mate.

You just need to harden up a bit.

Hospitals all around the world have been over flowing much worse than here with hundreds dying.

What flying fox places are open in Phuket anyway?

Dont they have them there?  My bad.

Stacey Liddle GoFundMe: Brisbane woman may lose leg after accident in Thailand | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

I spoke to this girl after she was transferred to St Vincents - she lost her leg because they had to amputate it. The hospital in Phuket was 'ordinary' - if it had of happened in Australia they would have saved the leg.  Phuket and most places in Thailand are never a great place to have a bad accident without full insurance - probably one of the hospitals in Bangkok would have been able to do better.  

No - I did not call this bloke and tell him to 'suck it up Princess': Irish tourist’s leg amputated after Pai motorbike accident | Coconuts Bangkok

Accidents requiring hospital treatment happen to Expats, Tourists and Thais a lot in Thailand - a hell of a lot mate. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Dont they have them there?  My bad.

Stacey Liddle GoFundMe: Brisbane woman may lose leg after accident in Thailand | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

I spoke to this girl after she was transferred to St Vincents - she lost her leg because they had to amputate it. The hospital in Phuket was 'ordinary' - if it had of happened in Australia they would have saved the leg.  Phuket and most places in Thailand are never a great place to have a bad accident without full insurance - probably one of the hospitals in Bangkok would have been able to do better.  

No - I did not call this bloke and tell him to 'suck it up Princess': Irish tourist’s leg amputated after Pai motorbike accident | Coconuts Bangkok

Accidents requiring hospital treatment happen to Expats, Tourists and Thais a lot in Thailand - a hell of a lot mate. 

Ah Bob, seen it too many times. Tourist with no experience or licence hires a motorbike in Thailand, no idea of the road conditions, has the inevitable accident, often drunk, and sets up a gofundme page.

Same happened to me on Phuket years ago, I still have the facial scars to prove it. But I didn't set up a go fund me and was very pleased with the cheap, good hospital care I received.

Actually when the doctor was stitching up my face I was shocked at the number of stitches when he told me. While he was doing that I had 3 beautiful petite nurses attending other injuries with their gentle hands. 

Doc explained that he was doing a lot of small stitches to minimise scarring on my hansum face. I returned to Australia before the stitches were ready to come out. They were too small for the beefy Aussie nurse to remove show she called in the doctor. After I got home I noticed that the dope had missed two and I had to go back. 

Stacey seems to be shifting the blame for her actions on to the Thais and wants others to pay.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Stacey seems to be shifting the blame for her actions on to the Thais and wants others to pay.

Gofundme used to be a site for very special deserving cases. But everyone is on it now.

That remind me to have a look how much has been donated for my new car sore leg.

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Ah Bob, seen it too many times. Tourist with no experience or licence hires a motorbike in Thailand, no idea of the road conditions, has the inevitable accident, often drunk, and sets up a gofundme page.

Same happened to me on Phuket years ago, I still have the facial scars to prove it. But I didn't set up a go fund me and was very pleased with the cheap, good hospital care I received.

Actually when the doctor was stitching up my face I was shocked at the number of stitches when he told me. While he was doing that I had 3 beautiful petite nurses attending other injuries with their gentle hands. 

Doc explained that he was doing a lot of small stitches to minimise scarring on my hansum face. I returned to Australia before the stitches were ready to come out. They were too small for the beefy Aussie nurse to remove show she called in the doctor. After I got home I noticed that the dope had missed two and I had to go back. 

Yep - happens a lot all over Thailand - silly people everywhere.   That happened to Stacey back in 2017 - the go fund me was setup by the family to try and get the money to both pay the Phuket Hospital for release and for the medical evacuation to Australia - they did not have a lot money in the family on short notice. She did have travel insurance, but obviously as we old buggers know, a motorbike accident is not covered (and many other things).   

Gotta agree - the Docs and Nurses in Thailand do a lovely job with the basic stuff and pain for us hansum men 😁.  But they do not all have the expertise and ability with something very serious like a badly torn leg.   I had to have a small local aesthetic operation and it was great in Thailand (but very expensive) - when the same sort of thing had to be done here it was very 'clumsy' and a lot less 'caring' (but free).