All programs

Raymondo

😀 Hi Mike and Jeff I watch all the programs every day sometimes really funny make laugh ‘ I like the new lady I think she is English she does all the short stories and fits in really well being a good show all week love all the stories hate all the trolls ha ha keep the job going I think both are doing very well have a nice day

• Like 1

Just now, Raymondo said:

😀 Hi Mike and Jeff I watch all the programs every day sometimes really funny make laugh ‘ I like the new lady I think she is English she does all the short stories and fits in really well being a good show all week love all the stories hate all the trolls ha ha keep the job going I think both are doing very well have a nice day

Compared to what is on offer at other organisations, TT is fantastic on all fronts. Dont always agree with what is said, but I do like how it is being said and what is being discussed. 

14 hours ago, MrStretch said:

I am sure Jay will be happy to know he has a new name.

cheu, cheu len, cheu len len?

• Haha 1

Well done the Thaiger. As an evolving digital company you are doing a fine job and I  look forward to following  you into the future. Well done Mike, Tim, Jay, Kate and everyone else. Not forgetting Charlie. Keep laughing at the inane twaddle and cutting off the the digital village idiots. 

• Like 1

Let me start with accolades for all the Thaiger team.  As the new kid on the block, I think Cait is doing a great job.

I have one suggestion that might make for more compelling viewing, and that is regarding the COVID stats.  The current static reporting of numbers is less than interesting, and the running number of total infections since the 1st of April is of little relevance to the here and now.  

We are all now out of a reactive stage and into a "planning to live with it stage". Given that regaining something approaching normality is based on declining numbers getting infected + growing numbers who are vaccinated I'd like to suggest a more graphical approach, with time on the x axis and numbers on the y axis. 

Likewise vaccination rates.  Over time, based on the numbers being achieved one can see how the country is tracking to get to the % determined to be the point when the country can open up.  Such an approach will provide viewers more context around how the country is coping.  Whether you are in country or overseas, such a view will help set expectations and timelines.

While numbers will bounce up and down the over all trend will show if the elusive "opening up date" is going to be achieved.  If you can afford it, some input from a suitably qualified statistician could provide projected trends. 

I understand this may need resourcing beyond the depths of the Thaiger's pockets but I think it would provide members and other viewer with something of more interest.

Respectfully

The Ham

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hamosity said:

Let me start with accolades for all the Thaiger team.  As the new kid on the block, I think Cait is doing a great job.

I have one suggestion that might make for more compelling viewing, and that is regarding the COVID stats.  The current static reporting of numbers is less than interesting, and the running number of total infections since the 1st of April is of little relevance to the here and now.  

We are all now out of a reactive stage and into a "planning to live with it stage". Given that regaining something approaching normality is based on declining numbers getting infected + growing numbers who are vaccinated I'd like to suggest a more graphical approach, with time on the x axis and numbers on the y axis. 

Likewise vaccination rates.  Over time, based on the numbers being achieved one can see how the country is tracking to get to the % determined to be the point when the country can open up.  Such an approach will provide viewers more context around how the country is coping.  Whether you are in country or overseas, such a view will help set expectations and timelines.

While numbers will bounce up and down the over all trend will show if the elusive "opening up date" is going to be achieved.  If you can afford it, some input from a suitably qualified statistician could provide projected trends. 

I understand this may need resourcing beyond the depths of the Thaiger's pockets but I think it would provide members and other viewer with something of more interest.

Respectfully

The Ham

Great idea - rather then give us viewers the exact same numbers in the same format as CCSA, put those numbers into a more relevant and interesting framework. 

And if you can somehow convince them to again publish the number of tests actually done each day that would be great (only kidding).

Good morning Thailand is the main one I look at. The evening news with Jett seems good too. It would be cool to see him interact with Jay and Tim sometimes. Today, Thaiger Bites smartly increased their text size for viewer comments, but that rainbow neon thing around the outside is pretty garish. About the morning news, Caitlin seems to read well but has a distinct vocal fry effect she puts to use usually near the end of her sentences, a turn-off to me (I used to live in California) and her pitch is quite high. The fry irritates me at least, so I don't often watch. But to be fair, in other respects her news reading is excellent. Like Jett, it'd be fun to see her sometimes interact with Jay and Tim. Mike, as Ive said before, doesn't seem to have any desire to try to be a presenter, and is quite caustic and strident. I quit watching until he was off. Maybe he's a great guy in real life, but wow, not fun to watch. Finally, Jay and Tim totally click together, and Jay especially has clearly started taking more of a lead role with Tim in comic relief more often. Both look very comfortable goofing and playing off each other. It's good. 

About COVID, here in Southeast Asia (disclaimer: I'm stuck in lockdown in Saigon now) we seem to be past our peak but with a long slow crawl back down, and I think the reason for that slowness is a combination of the strength of the delta variant, plus low vaccination rates, plus the less effective vaccines (Sino's and Astra Zeneca) being predominantly used in these countries. "Just the new cases" yes is repetitive but at least it gives us some idea which way things are going at the time,* but maybe also combine that with some other issues: what vaccines are out there now (percentages) and what percentage of people are getting vaccinated. Vietnam for example lagged far behind Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia and probably still do. Here it seems like AZ has been the most commonly given vaccine, but I do know some people who got the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, but also some Sino vaccines. 

* really annoying to hear "it means NOTHING" -- so forcefully stated. Or to so often characterize the opposing view as "ridiculous." OK It is a rough and probably flawed figure since we know there must be a lot of unreported cases, but it doesn't tell us nothing. It tells us that according to how the virus has been reported until now, the number has risen or declined or whatever. And that itself is an indicator. Going out and doing random testing is not the only way we arrive at the day's final numbers (people coming to doctors sick is very common, or being called to test someone showing symptoms), so suggesting that "more testing equals higher numbers" is very misleading. I get the feeling when I hear that, that the person thinks if we don't mention COVID, it will just disappear. No more problem. This is a pandemic, a real one. History will not one day write that in 2020, we all foolishly thought a flu was a pandemic.