News Forum - Booster for those with 2 Sinovac vaccines coming by October

Thaiger

Those already vaccinated in Thailand may be getting a shot in the arm by next month or even sooner, as Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul declared that booster shot administering will begin imminently for those who received 2 Sinovac vaccines already. He stressed that the actual timing will be up to the Disease Control Department but predicted it will be within the next few weeks. As the Chinese-made vaccines have been seen to be fairly ineffective against the Delta variant that is now the majority strain of Covid-19 in Thailand, millions of people have been waiting to get an AstraZeneca […]

The post Booster for those with 2 Sinovac vaccines coming by October appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alavan said:

How about vaccinating everybody first before giving booster shots?

Yes there are some of us in dark red provinces that are still waiting for appointments 

• Like 2

In Phuket my Thai wife received her AZ booster jab yesterday ( she received 2xSinovac back in May). 

In my case (as a non-immigrant to Thailand), I get my 2nd AZ jab on Friday ( where my first jab was in June). The one jab of AZ is not very effective vs Delta, and the 10 weeks between jabs is a long time from my perspective.

In addition to higher efficacy, having a much shorter time between jabs is a big advantage of the mRNA vaccines over AZ.

Thailand has been fortunate to receive the USA Pfizer donations.

16 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Thailand has been fortunate to receive the USA Pfizer donations.

You mean the outdated ones based on the original Alpha-strain, and now being used to address the delta-variant.  Israel has some interesting effectiveness data on that one...

How quickly & easily some people have been convinced to have vaccinations, the media has scared people into accepting it, & now vaccine #3 is being distributed.

#4 in Israel....& before not too long, they'll be number 5.

Covid certainly exists, I don't doubt it, but....well, never mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeW said:

Yes there are some of us in dark red provinces that are still waiting for appointments 

No, after these boosters, they'll donate to Africa.

Because when the country opens and virtually no tourists come, maybe they'll think they don't need so many people in the tourism trade...

20 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

They call it boosters, but really it's the first decent one they'll get...

Haven't the other vaccinations been any good then, Bob?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

You mean the outdated ones based on the original Alpha-strain, and now being used to address the delta-variant.  Israel has some interesting effectiveness data on that one...

Outdated?  The virus is constantly mutating. IMHO there will never be a vaccine 100% up to date.

The donated Pfizer are still superior efficacy to both Sinovac and AstraZeneca. 

... or did you not know that?  I guess you didn't know that - or maybe you are just being sarcastic.

As I stated, Thailand has been fortunate to receive the USA Pfizer donations.

12 hours ago, Faraday said:

How quickly & easily some people have been convinced to have vaccinations, the media has scared people into accepting it, & now vaccine #3 is being distributed.

#4 in Israel....& before not too long, they'll be number 5.

Covid certainly exists, I don't doubt it, but....well, never mind.

In the news today is the announcement that 1 in 500 are dead in America from COVID and yesterday there was the news that the majority in hospital in the UK were those who had not been vaccinated.

But.....well, never mind.

3 minutes ago, Disenfranchised said:

In the news today is the announcement that 1 in 500 are dead in America from COVID and yesterday there was the news that the majority in hospital in the UK were those who had not been vaccinated.

But.....well, never mind.

Completely missed my point. 

• Thanks 1