News Forum - Deputy inspector of police booze smuggling case not commenting

Thaiger

The deputy inspector on a case that is investigating police officers involved in smuggling illegal bootleg alcohol into Bangkok is remaining curtly tight-lipped regarding the case. When asked about the recent investigation, he refused to comment, telling reporters they should ask the main inspector directly. He said the inspector could provide more information and commentary and making remarks to the press was not his responsibility. The corruption case involved 2 senior police officers that are accused of using an official police plane to transport illegally manufactured alcohol from Hat Yai in the south of Thailand north to Bangkok for distribution. […]

The post Deputy inspector of police booze smuggling case not commenting appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Ah, now we find out that it wasn't Johnny Walker Red or some such libation, it was "hooch", illegally manufactured alcohol, what the locals call "white whiskey", but is actually a rum cachaca.

I didn't realize that the south was known for bootlegging alcohol.  I have to look around more intently, I think.

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The deputy inspector on a case that is investigating police officers involved in smuggling illegal bootleg alcohol into Bangkok is remaining curtly tight-lipped regarding the case

Is that so he doesn't spill a drop of the precious cargo he may or may not have been bribed with or partaken from? Asking for my neighbors cat.

Edited by ThailandRyan

The cases were covered with black plastic bags. This kind of bags is also used when they interrogate people they suspect to be drug dealers. Multi purpose bags.

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2021 at 8:21 AM, Jouni said:

Well, naturally the business is full time, so it is necessary to have planes always ready to run the business.
Just like Pablo Emilio has his own planes. Simply business minded people!

Royal Thai Police; the fine example of law and order! 🤣😅😂

Reminds me of El Chapo and Pablo. And some also thinking where comes the logistic from for the the huge amount of smuggled goods in and through Thailand.