News Forum - Phuket Covid-19 totals: 40 dead, 91 Sandboxers, hospitals 90% full

Thaiger

Phuket has just about hit the 90% hospital bed occupancy rate as infections and hospitalisations climb with new beds not being added quickly enough to keep pace. There were 229 infections today, 20 less than yesterday, and no new deaths reported, though details were released of the 1 death confirmed yesterday. A 63 year old Thai man was the 40th victim of Covid-19 in Phuket, doubling the number of total deaths since April just in the last 10 days. He had received 1 AstraZeneca vaccine, but had high blood pressure, diabetes, gout, and kidney failure so was vulnerable for severe […]

The post Phuket Covid-19 totals: 40 dead, 91 Sandboxers, hospitals 90% full appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Can anyone share any information about what happens to Sandbox tourists when they test positive for Covid? Are they put under govt quarantine, sent to alternative quarantine locations, allowed to continue to travel...etc...?

5 minutes ago, Tea said:

Can anyone share any information about what happens to Sandbox tourists when they test positive for Covid? Are they put under govt quarantine, sent to alternative quarantine locations, allowed to continue to travel...etc...?

They get banged up in quarantine for 14 days and dont even need to test positive as with that German lady who happened to be sat near to a guy on the plane who tested positive on arrival, I forgot you pay for it

• Like 2

"A 63 year old Thai man was the 40th victim of Covid-19 in Phuket, doubling the number of total deaths since April just in the last 10 days. He had received 1 AstraZeneca vaccine, but had high blood pressure, diabetes, gout, and kidney failure so was vulnerable"

this is middle of September why the hell was he not fully vaccinated if such a high risk.. but I bet they put him down as vaccinated!  

The Atk tests, 1188 that's around 80 a day that don't get added to the daily totals for covid . They are always waiting for a pcr test that either comes back as negative showing the antigen test was inaccurate or they wait the 2 weeks test again with antigen test then if clear allowed to go home without being added to the covid totals !

Edited by Malc-Thai
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

They can add some more hospital- or field hospital rooms. That will bring the percentage down.

This doesn't look so good 🤔

🤣🤣🤣

But TAT also wants to open up Pattaya, Chiang Mai and Hua Hin, plus all the other tourist popular destinations - they gotta somehow get those tourist numbers up.  Some unkind people would say that TAT only cares about tourist numbers, and that is because annual bonuses are based on tourist numbers. But not me - no way am I going to be so cynical - sarcasm is my thing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

But TAT also wants to open up Pattaya, Chiang Mai and Hua Hin, plus all the other tourist popular destinations - they gotta somehow get those tourist numbers up.  Some unkind people would say that TAT only cares about tourist numbers, and that is because annual bonuses are based on tourist numbers. But not me - no way am I going to be so cynical - sarcasm is my thing.

Haha.

You know what helps to get the country going and bring tourism back? Speedy vaccination followed by simplification of the rules.

They need to get with the program.

Everything else will fail until the basics are done, no matter how they try to spin it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Haha.

You know what helps to get the country going and bring tourism back? Speedy vaccination followed by simplification of the rules.

Everything else will fail until the basics are done, no matter how they try to spin it.

Absolutely bang on!

Who the hell is going to travel from one part of the world, where a hard time has been had, and life becoming a little easier, to travel to the other side of the world, at some considerable expense, to put themselves back into iffy territory?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

They get banged up in quarantine for 14 days and dont even need to test positive as with that German lady who happened to be sat near to a guy on the plane who tested positive on arrival, I forgot you pay for it

There have been no reports of unrelated contacts getting thrown into quarantine happening since the early days of the program. I think the internet running around with its hair on fire taught them a lesson in optics. But a positive test is still enough to get you checked into a hospital.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Haha.

How is that working for Israel? Oh, it is not working. 🤣

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Haha.

This is TAT whenever such logic is spoken in their vicinity:

Im not listening LALALALALALA - Rafiki Meditating - Lion King | Make a Meme

When they should be listening to this guy:

image.png.7a492bf9f2d3dc99131019c9b1c65465.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

Absolutely bang on!

Who the hell is going to travel from one part of the world, where a hard time has been had, and life becoming a little easier, to travel to the other side of the world, at some considerable expense, to put themselves back into iffy territory?

Sexpats and Desperates??

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

Absolutely bang on!

could not agree more. In addition the regulations and process of travelling is tiring and cumbersome.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I thought they'd ose it down at 90 cases a week?

Are they going for 90 deaths now? 🤔

It was a misprint should have been 90k a week

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lowseasonlover said:

1 minute ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Mine was a misprint too. And too late to edit.

Can't remember whether I wrote hose it down or close it down 🤔

22 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

"A 63 year old Thai man was the 40th victim of Covid-19 in Phuket, doubling the number of total deaths since April just in the last 10 days. He had received 1 AstraZeneca vaccine, but had high blood pressure, diabetes, gout, and kidney failure so was vulnerable"

this is middle of September why the hell was he not fully vaccinated if such a high risk.. but I bet they put him down as vaccinated!  

The Atk tests, 1188 that's around 80 a day that don't get added to the daily totals for covid . They are always waiting for a pcr test that either comes back as negative showing the antigen test was inaccurate or they wait the 2 weeks test again with antigen test then if clear allowed to go home without being added to the covid totals !

More proof that these vaccines are not effective for a mutating virus and if they are only partially effective and leaking they are creating new mutations.  Time to wake up.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Sorry but this is not more proof!  It states he only had 1 vaccine and no date of that.. he was not fully vaccinated so how does that mean more proof! 

It is more proof that anti-vax people do not know what they are talking about. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Lucky that we have experts here like JamesR that do know what they are talking about... 😉

15 hours ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

How is that working for Israel? Oh, it is not working. 🤣

Well it might, after they have the fourth jab, & if that doesn't work, then five could be ok: Maybe 

premier league wink GIF by BBC America

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

14 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Lucky that we have experts here like JamesR that do know what they are talking about... 😉

I am waiting for your post which says, "Today I stubbed my toe on the corner of a chair, it hurt, this is further proof the vaccines do not work."  🤣

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Faraday said:

Well it might, after they have the fourth jab, & if that doesn't work, then five could be ok: Maybe 

premier league wink GIF by BBC America

Israel is having a serious case of Jabbatitis.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JamesR said:

So here is the way it has evolved... get the vaccine and you are immune... get two vaccines and you are immune.... get two vaccines and you are partially immune... get two vaccines and you won't go to the hospital... get two vaccines and you can still get covid but shouldn't go to the hospital... now it's get two vaccines and get the booster... time to wake up the clock is ticking and the alarm is ringing...