News Forum - Chulabhorn Royal Academy to buy 8 million Moderna doses to use as boosters

Thaiger

The Chulabhorn Royal Academy has announced that it will purchase 8 million doses of the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine, to be administered as boosters during 2022. The CRA is 1 of 5 agencies with the authority to procure alternative Covid-19 vaccines and has already purchased supplies of the Chinese Sinopharm vaccine. According to the CRA, the Moderna delivery will happen in stages, between the first and third quarter of next year. The announcement follows the news that the Thai Red Cross is also purchasing 2 million Moderna doses through the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation. The doses will be administered for free to […]

The post Chulabhorn Royal Academy to buy 8 million Moderna doses to use as boosters appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

In order to give people a booster they will have to have had two shots of the vaccines first, I doubt if that will happen to 80% of the population before 2022.

Ordering vaccines and actually have them delivered are two different things. 

In the UK we are starting our booster shots next week.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JamesR said:

In order to give people a booster they will have to have had two shots of the vaccines first, I doubt if that will happen to 80% of the population before 2022.

Hopefully they will change that nonsense. If it is 1 Sinopharm and then 1 Moderna then my wife and kids might be open to do this. Other plan is they can go to the USA and get a quick J&J jab and then visit and turn around and come back on their Thai passports for easy entry. Wife has a 10 year visa so no problem there.

16 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Had my second Pfizer shot in Korat yesterday,free and fast no problems under the Maharat hospital free goverment vaccine registration plan, they say a 3rd vaccine shot is coming soon i think for 6 months after your 2nd shot has been given, don't say which vaccine it might be though.

13 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Hopefully they will change that nonsense. If it is 1 Sinopharm and then 1 Moderna then my wife and kids might be open to do this. Other plan is they can go to the USA and get a quick J&J jab and then visit and turn around and come back on their Thai passports for easy entry. Wife has a 10 year visa so no problem there.

I have been asking the question for the last year on this subject, why don't farangs go back to their own country for their vaccinations and then come back.

I was in Thailand last year for seven months but decided to go back to the UK in August last year to get my vaccinations.

But there has to be a gap of three months between each vaccine so it means staying in the USA for three months for your family?

31 minutes ago, Aidan said:

What about the ones we have pre paid for???

Didn't you read the small print?

Delivery expected January 1-March 31.

Not guaranteed.

No refund.

(BTW no joke!!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, stuhan said:

Had my second Pfizer shot in Korat yesterday,free and fast no problems under the Maharat hospital free goverment vaccine registration plan, they say a 3rd vaccine shot is coming soon i think for 6 months after your 2nd shot has been given, don't say which vaccine it might be though.

Good news, it is a pity they can not quickly roll out the vaccine nationwide so they can open the country up again. 

Yes, the advice in the UK is to have the booster six months after the second vaccine. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Good news, it is a pity they can not quickly roll out the vaccine nationwide so they can open the country up again. 

Yes, the advice in the UK is to have the booster six months after the second vaccine. 

Yes agreed, and my thai wife and family have to travel all the way to chon buri tomorrow for their 1st shot coz only place they could find for the sinopharm vaccine and they have to pay and go back again in 3 weeks for 2nd shot.That's terrible

26 minutes ago, stuhan said:

Yes agreed, and my thai wife and family have to travel all the way to chon buri tomorrow for their 1st shot coz only place they could find for the sinopharm vaccine and they have to pay and go back again in 3 weeks for 2nd shot.That's terrible

Travel from where to Chon Buri?

3 hours ago, JamesR said:

I have been asking the question for the last year on this subject, why don't farangs go back to their own country for their vaccinations and then come back.

I was in Thailand last year for seven months but decided to go back to the UK in August last year to get my vaccinations.

But there has to be a gap of three months between each vaccine so it means staying in the USA for three months for your family?

No. J&J is one jab. And since they are Thai coming back on Thai passports it is so the much easier for them. For me no, and that is why I probably will not go. Plus stay home and take care of the dogs.,

8 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Chulabhorn Royal Academy has announced that it will purchase 8 million doses

Not has …. Will. As this is Thailand only time will tell, as other vaccine purchases have yet to arrive in the hands of private institutions. Maybe same same but different?

• Like 1

every private company with good connections wants to buy something nice, like mRNA vaccines. My friend used to say: "Thai man will sleep on the floor, but drive 25 years old BMW"

4 hours ago, JamesR said:

I haven't been "back to [my] own country" for twenty years and I certainly wouldn't choose to go there now and risk getting locked out here.

38 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

No. J&J is one jab. And since they are Thai coming back on Thai passports it is so the much easier for them. For me no, and that is why I probably will not go. Plus stay home and take care of the dogs.,

I am staying in a hotel for a few months as I sold my house and I am downsizing as the kids have all grown up and left.

A guy was sleeping in his car in the carpark for a month as he was waiting for the new house to be ready, his mum dad and their dog stayed in a room in the hotel.

I said how come you get to sleep in the car but the dog gets to sleep in a room, put the dog in the car and take its place. 

All he could do was laugh. 

12 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I haven't been "back to [my] own country" for twenty years and I certainly wouldn't choose to go there now and risk getting locked out here.

That is the reason why I am staying in the UK at the moment and not going to Phuket to stay in my house.

I might arrive, the number of cases rise, even more venues are closed and I end up being in a 'jail' as I was last year in Phuket.

It is better to stay here where 'everyone' has been vaccinated and we are completely open and free to move around. 

• Like 1