News Forum - Cabinet approves measure to entice “high potential” foreigners to Thailand

Thaiger

High profile rich do not bring their riches to Thailand. with its soi dog attacks , food poisoning ,  lack of hygine ,  tropical disease , and money scams...

Rich falang go to Europes resorts or cities where discrimination is elligal and quality is guanteed and not a bad copy... 

9 minutes ago, Johno said:

High profile rich do not bring their riches to Thailand. with its soi dog attacks , food poisoning ,  lack of hygine ,  tropical disease , and money scams...

Rich falang go to Europes resorts or cities where discrimination is elligal and quality is guanteed and not a bad copy... 

I guess it all depends what you expect and where you go. Because there are huge differences even within Thailand.

Lots of forum members are very happy with their families and enjoy their life here. In day to day life, you don't encounter all the problems that are discussed here. Thank God!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Johno said:

Yes and no.

• 3 months later...
On 9/25/2021 at 1:34 PM, Bob20 said:

I guess it all depends what you expect and where you go. Because there are huge differences even within Thailand.

Lots of forum members are very happy with their families and enjoy their life here. In day to day life, you don't encounter all the problems that are discussed here. Thank God!

I know this is an old post, but I've sit here and read though and come to the conclusion that most of the ones bitching and moaning want only to make Thailand more like the Country in which they wish to escape from. I've lived in Thailand for over 10 yrs and aside from the excessive amounts of paperwork to renew annual extension of stay I'm happy.

I hope all that wish to change my Thailand stays the freak away.  Yesterday my wife and I sat down for a 5 dish meal that cost me 10usd, hell in the states a Burger King Wopper meal costs more than that. My home in my state of Georgia cost 5 times more than my home here. Even my new Ford Ranger was 10,000usd more in the states than here. My insurance is cheaper here, my clothing is cheaper and I can hire a thai laborer for 10 usd aday to work and he is happy.  Would I like to be able to actually own the land my home sits on sure. But I understand the law and except it, because if foreigners are allowed to own it will only drive even higher the already exzoribent prices of land here. If your worried about a thai wife extorting you then don't pick someone who you know Mama wouldn't approve of. 

I'm happy being where I am, and aside from this China virus love my Thailand. Stay away all that wish to bring your western ideas here, because those ideas are the very reason I'm here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 9/25/2021 at 2:00 PM, Stonker said:

Yes and no.

It sounds like the stuck up Europeans think they're too good. Most aren't that rich so who cares. Don't change Thailand to  be like it was in Europe.  If you're adaptive and accepting of new ways, Thailand can be great.8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Poolie said:

There are people who will always find some reason for not coming to Thailand. Good, let 'em stew.

Never could understand the overwhelming angst and whinging from these particular circles. 

This slight sense of entitlement is rather odd.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, nobusinessofurs said:

I know this is an old post, but I've sit here and read though and come to the conclusion that most of the ones bitching and moaning want only to make Thailand more like the Country in which they wish to escape from. I've lived in Thailand for over 10 yrs and aside from the excessive amounts of paperwork to renew annual extension of stay I'm happy.

I hope all that wish to change my Thailand stays the freak away.  Yesterday my wife and I sat down for a 5 dish meal that cost me 10usd, hell in the states a Burger King Wopper meal costs more than that. My home in my state of Georgia cost 5 times more than my home here. Even my new Ford Ranger was 10,000usd more in the states than here. My insurance is cheaper here, my clothing is cheaper and I can hire a thai laborer for 10 usd aday to work and he is happy.  Would I like to be able to actually own the land my home sits on sure. But I understand the law and except it, because if foreigners are allowed to own it will only drive even higher the already exzoribent prices of land here. If your worried about a thai wife extorting you then don't pick someone who you know Mama wouldn't approve of. 

I'm happy being where I am, and aside from this China virus love my Thailand. Stay away all that wish to bring your western ideas here, because those ideas are the very reason I'm here.

Bingo. Nicely chosen commentary. 

Largely applies to Farang residents [long/short term] - 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, nobusinessofurs said:

well said