News Forum - Major survey shows what venues people want open, bars absent from list

Thaiger

A major survey by the Thai Department of Public Health has uncovered what places many people in Thailand want to see have their restrictions eased or to open, the most. The survey was conducted over the past month in 29 dark red zones. It was not stated how many people were polled, but the respondents are said to represent a wide section of people throughout the country. The Director General of the Department of Public Health, Dr Suwanchai Yingcharoenchai says the results of the survey indicate what 3 venues people most want to open or have their restrictions eased. 26% […]

The post Major survey shows what venues people want open, bars absent from list appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This so called survey is totally not credible. Conducted by a partisan organisation, without full disclosure of sample size, location & demographics it is nothing if not laughable. It was conducted in the worst affected parts of the country where, during the interviewing period, respondents were in fear for their wellbeing and were simply in no frame of mind to be objective.

Utter propaganda!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

major survey by the Thai Department of Public Health has uncovered

That with a lot missing from the survey it is in all reality a MINOR survey. Taking note of this we can see in all truth who actually carries out the surveys for the Tourism Authority of Thailand. I do hope this survey will not be used in the game show, America Says.

• Like 2

These "surveys" usually ask between 1 and 2 thousand folks (I imagine due to cost restrictions). This is hardly a good sample for the entire country, and bars are one of the venues usually in the crosshairs of those who would banish alcohol if they could.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

These "surveys" usually ask between 1 and 2 thousand folks (I imagine due to cost restrictions). This is hardly a good sample for the entire country, and bars are one of the venues usually in the crosshairs of those who would banish alcohol if they could.

Probably as unbiased as the Covid tests 🤭 And nobody asked me!

hangover-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I wonder how the survey questions were asked by the Thai Department of Public Health …… were they just jabbed before going under the knife? 

also

26 percent of parents must have been on the list to answer questions ….

1. 26% said they want public schools to open

Just that the parents are pulling their hair out with the kids to stay home under parental supervision.

• Like 1

I can promise you, as sure as the sun will rise and set, that I will not board a plane to Thailand if the bars are closed.

Edited by Jackson
  • Like 2

This pandemic may be the saviour of the beer bars,I for one will not feel comfortable in a crowded gogo or stuffy GC.If I was the owner of the Pattaya beer garden I would be promoting it as a "safe well ventilated space".Put your money in spacious open air beer garden type places they will be the future.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yselmike said:

Put your money in spacious open air beer garden type places they will be the future.

Except if you want it to have any customers in January to April if you open one in Chiang Mai.

37 minutes ago, Jackson said:

I can promise you, as sure as the sun will rise and set, that I will not board a plane to Thailand if the bars are closed.

You and many many more.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Except if you want it to have any customers in January to April if you open one in Chiang Mai.

Am I missing something? 🙄 Why?

Do you mean the burning season?

That's really end of March/April.

November to March are usually glorious...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

Can you  provide a rationale to that declaration?

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

respondents are said to represent a wide section of people throughout the country.

Next time include the people you wish to draw into Thailand. What they want might be important too. 

Just now, BIGGLES said:

Bars not a list of venues people want to see open. 

Smells like Bovine Excrement!

Funny, if not so serious!

Maybe because with all the ones staying open (😉💰😉💰😉💰), most haven't realised they are supposed to be closed?

I couldn't find the poll, nor the raw data (perhaps I didn't try hard enough but more likely they just haven't been published).

Some things came to mind while reading this article. Top 5:

1) number of participants is relevant. How can this not have been stated? (<-- rhetorical question)

2) since the poll was conducted in dark red zones only, I personally would have had a hard time to keep a straight face if I proclaimed it to represent a wide section of the population.

3) is the "high risk venue"-conclusion an interpretation or an actual poll-question (there's a huge difference between "if you go a cremation of a beloved one, do you want everyone - including yourself - to have to provide proof of vaccination" vs "do you want to providers & patrons of high-risk venues to be safe?", even though those two questions have more in common than many would initially expect).

4) Are things like "schools", "restaurants", "malls" part of multiple-choice questions perhaps? If so, was "bars" even an option?

5) I don't get  the comment about the opinion of the "missing percentage" (but perhaps this somehow corresponds to point 1 and 2, i.e. if the survey had less than 1000 respondents or was limited to specific demographics: I do get it).

Not enough facts, too many questions, no conclusion.

• Cool 1

gyms get my vote

my condo only could move so much equipment outside, so they choose cardio equipment unfortunately, bought a barbell and weights which does the job but having a full gym would be nice 

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1