News Forum - Tourism Minister says Pattaya will become part of “Sandbox 7+7” extension

Thaiger

19 hours ago, vlad said:

jax0007 the UK is a red listed country meaning yes i can travel from the UK to Thailand on returning i need to self isolate for a minimum 10 days. So if your a 2 week tourist you will have taken your annual holiday leave of absence if you decide to go to a red list country you run the risk of losing your job because you have to isolate at home with no pay or if you have a good boss he might keep you on but you wont be getting paid.  So is it worth travelling to Thailand for 2 weeks ?  

i know this explain to the fools who think pattaya and thailand will open in oct 

you fools have been saying the same dribble month in month out for over 12 months 

and aust will not let you go at all and uk has told its people don't go unless absolute

now if i listen to you lot explain were every one is if easy to get there 

19 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Never mind vlad, I told him that 5 times already yesterday and today. Yet he just returns abuse, which is then dealt with by the Mods... Already no good sign if you resort to that.

He thinks red-listing means that you can't come here. That is wrong. It means that you can't return to your own country without quarantine. Just as you said.

He refuses to accept that.

its shows your education that every time you read Thailand will open you believe it 

then when it does not you preach about how Thailand has stuffed up 

you will not being going in oct i bet when time comes you will do the same as last 12 months 

you will deny all your words even though its in written form on this forum 

Have a read of this from the Thaiger:

https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/pattaya-reopening-likely-to-snub-nightlife-favor-other-attractions

"so how is thailand going to open up in oct

While Pattaya and indeed the rest of Thailand are struggling to figure out when and how they will really be able to reopen for international tourism, it looks likely that when Pattaya does reopen the entertainment and nightlife the city is famous for may not be open.

As reopening comes into sight welcoming back international travellers that would be free to roam for the first time since the early months of 2020, officials in Chon Buri have not made any concrete plans about reopening the bars and nightclubs that attract a huge chunk of Pattaya’s visitors.he Phuket Sandbox has entered its third month and many expected that, with the return of international visitors, bars and nighttime entertainment would have to reopen. But that has yet to happen and many restaurants have turned to sneakily serving alcohol while the leader of the Patong Entertainment Business Association took a harsh stance against the long-term closures of nightlife venues in Phuket and the lack of assistance from the government of Thailand, calling on bars and clubs to open as restaurants despite the action being legally dubious and chastised the government for the long-term closure without any aid at all.

Pattaya may face a similar quandary as entertainment venues have received little to no assistance from the government and have been closed for more than five months but reopening plans do not seem to include nightlife. Some local leaders have been pushing to move Pattaya away from a nightlife and party destination and maybe taking advantage of the Covid-19 pandemic the move tourism in that direction.

Chon Buri official plan on promoting natural attractions and cultural experiences for visitors entering Thailand in the coming months. Tourism marketing will focus on the cleaner beaches due to lack of tourists, water sports like swimming and scuba diving, golfing, animal attractions, and commerce like dining and shopping, promoting restaurants and large shopping centres including Central Festival and Terminal 21.

The government plans to focus as well on beautiful natural locations and scenic attractions such as islands like Koh Larn, Nong Nooch Gardens, Khao Kheow Open Zoo, The Sanctuary of Truth, the newly repainted Big Buddha, and local temples. They will also attempt to attract people interested in the culture and history of the area, promoting traditional Thai clothing, food, weaving, and culture."

Edited by Smithydog
Added comment and source reference

On 9/15/2021 at 3:14 PM, Bob20 said:

Sorry, but your information is incorrect. They do let you go. That's how the unfortunate sandbox works and why people still turn up. Advice is to limit travel to red-list countries, but it's not prohibited.

I can't answer your individual case and don't know what you signed, but red-listing means you will require quarantine on return. It absolutely doesn't mean you can't leave.

Whether you can find flights or why you'd want to come here now etc. is another matter altogether. But if you jump through all the hoops you can still come here. The problems start when you want to return.

i have no idea how this poster can even post you spread misinformation on covid black and white for months