News Forum - Tourism Minister says Pattaya will become part of “Sandbox 7+7” extension

Thaiger

Pattaya’s forthcoming re-opening to foreign tourists will see it join the Phuket Sandbox 7+7 extension programme, according to Thailand’s Tourism Minister. According to a Pattaya News report, Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn confirmed the plan while on a visit to the area on Sunday. It’s understood the proposal will go to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration this Friday, along with proposals for the October 1 re-opening of Bangkok and Chiang Mai. “The model will offer foreign tourists the opportunity to travel to Chonburi in a 7+7 extension. They can travel to Phuket under the sandbox project for the first 7 days and […]

The post Tourism Minister says Pattaya will become part of “Sandbox 7+7” extension appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It's all just Blah Blah Blah were going to do this were going to do that total BS....

Until the whole country has recieved vaccines upto at least 75/80 %  not just the major cities. All entertainment venues being allowed to reopen and other major countries recognize this and lift their Red zone designation then the whole reopening is a sham.

Better to just concentrate on getting the country fit to visit again then talk about reopening.

Wow October 1 seems fast, maybe too fast. Regardless it sure seems like a done deal. Not sure why I would go to Phuket first but then that’s just my preference. Looks like my trip in December might just happen after all. 

Yeah, way to much BS, how can they even think this is possible when the vaccinated rate in Pattaya is so low, they certainly are not going to be at 70% by Oct (if they claim they are it's with fudged numbers or just blatant lies).

if Phuket cannot get it working even considering easy isolation of the island and vaccination rates, how possibly Pattaya can do it? Oh well, it's a rhetorical question 

On 9/14/2021 at 2:07 PM, Griff1315 said:

It's all just Blah Blah Blah were going to do this were going to do that total BS....

Until the whole country has recieved vaccines upto at least 75/80 %  not just the major cities. All entertainment venues being allowed to reopen and other major countries recognize this and lift their Red zone designation then the whole reopening is a sham.

Better to just concentrate on getting the country fit to visit again then talk about reopening.

correct on every level . they said the same thing last sept oct jan march this just extension 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

if Phuket cannot get it working even considering easy isolation of the island and vaccination rates, how possibly Pattaya can do it? Oh well, it's a rhetorical question 

its simple if the thais want to earn  off expats they need the shot .the quicker we all do the quicker it opens 

not before 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Wow October 1 seems fast, maybe too fast. Regardless it sure seems like a done deal. Not sure why I would go to Phuket first but then that’s just my preference. Looks like my trip in December might just happen after all. 

no it will not have you not watched the news last 18 months 

same story as 12 months ago .............you need 80 vac rate so rest of world lets you go 

USA Europe aust nz etc will not let you go . that's who they want so not happening 

34 minutes ago, jax0007 said:

no it will not have you not watched the news last 18 months 

same story as 12 months ago .............you need 80 vac rate so rest of world lets you go 

USA Europe aust nz etc will not let you go . that's who they want so not happening 

Well, they will let you go. They just won't let you come back unless you go into quarantine first.

On 9/14/2021 at 11:07 AM, Griff1315 said:

But even this is not going to work. The vaccines don't stop the spread of covid, they only lesson the symptoms in the vaccinated, but it's effectiveness wanes considerably within 5 to 6 months, making the vaccinated dependent on boosters for an eternity. So even after 80% vaccinated, they will have to start the process all over again with boosters. Thinking ahead, they will never achieve 80% because it takes more than 6 months to vaccinate or give boosters to 80% of the country...they'll be playing catchup ad infinitem.

Without a "herd immunity" capable vaccine, this was never going to work. I'm surprised they are still pretending it's the solution. The only achievement I can see is lining the pockets of vaccine investors.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Well, they will let you go. They just won't let you come back unless you go into quarantine first.

incorrect they will not let you go , i went back to Sydney on gov advice (aust ) and now you need to apply through border force and they said no on return and i own place in thailand and signed waver saying i would not return in 12 months that they put in front of me , plus you need direct flights good luck with that . 

then you test postive you get shuffled off to camp . not going to happen in oct

4 minutes ago, Zool said:

But even this is not going to work. The vaccines don't stop the spread of covid, they only lesson the symptoms in the vaccinated, but it's effectiveness wanes considerably within 5 to 6 months, making the vaccinated dependent on boosters for an eternity. So even after 80% vaccinated, they will have to start the process all over again with boosters. Thinking ahead, they will never achieve 80% because it takes more than 6 months to vaccinate or give boosters to 80% of the country...they'll be playing catchup ad infinitem.

Without a "herd immunity" capable vaccine, this was never going to work. I'm surprised they are still pretending it's the solution. The only achievement I can see is lining the pockets of vaccine investors.

Vaccines are the best thing out at the moment so unfortunately it's the only way to go. There will be more research into better vaccines or treatments but until then at least the death toll can be reduced by using what we have available.

What's the alternative live in lockdown or just let it rip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jax0007 said:

incorrect they will not let you go , i went back to Sydney on gov advice (aust ) and now you need to apply through border force and they said no on return and i own place in thailand and signed waver saying i would not return in 12 months that they put in front of me , plus you need direct flights good luck with that . 

then you test postive you get shuffled off to camp . not going to happen in oct

Sorry, but your information is incorrect. They do let you go. That's how the unfortunate sandbox works and why people still turn up. Advice is to limit travel to red-list countries, but it's not prohibited.

I can't answer your individual case and don't know what you signed, but red-listing means you will require quarantine on return. It absolutely doesn't mean you can't leave.

Whether you can find flights or why you'd want to come here now etc. is another matter altogether. But if you jump through all the hoops you can still come here. The problems start when you want to return.

7 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Vaccines are the best thing out at the moment so unfortunately it's the only way to go. There will be more research into better vaccines or treatments but until then at least the death toll can be reduced by using what we have available.

your dealing with guys on limited funds that only get what they look for in Thailand 

common sense has zero to-do with it on this thread and site all they want is there 60 b beer and 500 b girl on beach road then complain about everything 

new world and new punters will be let in the old travel perverts need to find new venue or get a job and up the funds the latter will not happen ......incapable 

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Sorry, but your information is incorrect. They do let you go. That's how the unfortunate sandbox works and why people still turn up. Advice is to limit travel to red-list countries, but it's not prohibited.

I can't answer your individual case and don't know what you signed, but red-listing means you will require quarantine on return. It absolutely doesn't mean you can't leave.

Whether you can find flights or why you'd want to come here now etc. is another matter altogether. But if you jump through all the hoops you can still come here. The problems start when you want to return.

so Phuket is your example well that fell into a duster so thanks for providing my point 

you cant just come red zone form 90% western countries you are incorrect 

and if you are correct ( impossible ) were are your punters ......look out window there not there 

cheers 

11 minutes ago, jax0007 said:

so Phuket is your example well that fell into a duster so thanks for providing my point 

you cant just come red zone form 90% western countries you are incorrect 

and if you are correct ( impossible ) were are your punters ......look out window there not there 

cheers 

This is my last reply to you because you are factually incorrect and if you can't be bothered to look it up, that's your loss.

THAILAND is NOT red-listed by the WORLD. It is red-listed by some countries and they set the rules for THEMSELVES. 

Thailand is letting people come here and countries are allowing their citizens to leave.

The LIMITS they set are on people that RETURN from red-listed countries.

It's that simple.

Bye

IMG_20210915_123016.jpg

35 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Looks like you never heard about the highly effective preventative and curative remedies for covid-19.  Their success-rate is far higher than the jabs, so it's not a matter of 'just let it rip'.  But cannot blame you for not being aware of these covid-19 treatment protocols as that 'secret' is carefully hidden by the vax-pushers that have an interest in presenting mass-vaccination of everybody as the Only Solution. 

1 minute ago, BlueSphinx said:

Looks like you never heard about the highly effective preventative and curative remedies for covid-19.  Their success-rate is far higher than the jabs, so it's not a matter of 'just let it rip'.  But cannot blame you for not being aware of these covid-19 treatment protocols as that 'secret' is carefully hidden by the vax-pushers that have an interest in presenting mass-vaccination of everybody as the Only Solution. 

Sure government's of the world are spending Billions buying vaccines when there are treatments and remedies available. I think the scientists have spoken and the government's of the world have listened.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Sure government's of the world are spending Billions buying vaccines when there are treatments and remedies available. I think the scientists have spoken and the government's of the world have listened.

Thank goodness for that.

Long may that particular dog wag that particular tail.

17 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Big Pharma and their bought scientists have spoken, while silencing all other voices.  Don't make the mistake to think that all scientists and medical professionals are on the Vax Only line...

1 minute ago, BlueSphinx said:

Big Pharma and their bought scientists have spoken, while silencing all other voices.  Don't make the mistake to think that all scientists and medical professionals are on the Vax Only line...

Believe as you will listening to all the crackpot conspiracy theories. I would sooner live in the real world.

THE END

• Haha 2

Hi all,

Just an observation and request!

It would be nice to see a topic that involves the word vaccination not change into another discussion on the virtues of vax versus not-vax!

I know it is a hot topic but feel there is plenty of opportunity already for all to discuss such matters without having to do it so often.

If you can at least find a way to relate your comments to the topic it would be really appreciated and help those members who are expecting a conversation about the topic!

2 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

Natural immunity is the best thing out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chas said:

Natural immunity is the best thing out.

1) natural immunity wanes, just like immunity acquired after vaccination

2) risk of severe sickness or death is greatly reduced after vaccination

3) if you want to stay unvaccinated and take your chances of acquiring temporary natural immunity "hoping" not to end up on a respirator or 6-foot under: Be my guest.