News Forum - Quarantine, sealed routes may be ditched as government revises re-opening plan

Thaiger

Mandatory quarantine and sealed routes could be scrapped as officials reconsider the rules for re-opening the country. The adoption of the “One SOP, One System” model for the re-opening of Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin, Cha-am, and Bangkok from October 1 is being submitted to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration next week and also includes a proposal to halve the costs of Covid-19 tests. According to a Bangkok Post report, Yuthasak Supasorn from the Tourism Authority of Thailand says the Samui Plus model will also change to being quarantine-free around the same time. Under the current plan, tourists are […]

The post Quarantine, sealed routes may be ditched as government revises re-opening plan appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

5 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Mandatory quarantine and sealed routes could be scrapped

Penny finally dropped? Not that many will come anyway but it's a start. One more thing: try to avoid the sudden u turns.

🥰......YaaaaY.....could it be true ---->🤔

I already endured 14 days of Quarantine with some not very tasty food😱....Don't want to do it again 🤯

Just curious what visas will be issued...anyone know if STV is still being offered ?

thanks

mac 😆

• Like 1

Then some tourists fly in next January in the middle of the new smoky season and that will be really bad for the recovery of tourism industry.

Edited by JackIsAGoodBoy

Great news if it's true, AND if it's for people of all countries, not just the 70 currently eligible for sandbox. 

Awaiting further details, but this is the best news I've heard in a long while. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

AND if it's for people of all countries, not just the 70 currently eligible for sandbox.

Oh the 94 million baht question …. Lots of politics behind that one. But I can’t see that happening especially with issues of border safety on the Cambodian side with Covid and truck drivers. All or remain same same but different, that is the question!

2 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Same, Same, but Different?

It's starting to make a little bit more sense.

Now they just need to set the starting date to January and get everyone jabbed by mid-December. Then most rules and requirements would be superfluous.

Plus, then it would be reasonably safe.

Would that be too logical?

So the "plan" is a PCR test on arrival, to a country that will be no more than 30% vaccinated ...

... what could possibly go wrong?

... stand-by for an influx of Indian tourists, but very few others ...

• Like 3

It's already 8000 for PCR tests, only Samui tried and succeeded to rip people off for 15,000 and some people even paid 20,000. Samui's utter failure is due to their utter unprincipled greed - they forced tourists to spend the first 7 days in a Samui plus extra hotel at prices starting from 35,000 plus for ONE WEEK! 

Edited by Buttaxe
  • Like 1

Article Quote: Under the “One SOP, One System” model, the partial quarantine being proposed for Pattaya’s re-opening, as well as Chiang Mai’s sealed routes model, would both be scrapped, in favour of the same procedures being adopted across each province.

If you look at the areas that are proposed for CM saying the word sealed is a complete moronic brain dead joke. The areas that will be open are the complete city being Muang and then outreaching a really far distance from there going to Chiang Dao and even then some. This is a complete bad joke of a nightmare as is already open season for Bangkok and other provinces to easily sneak in and bypass the one checkpoint where they do nothing anyway. And, how are they really going to check and stop anyone from going more far as they already don't check now. All one has to do is leave their phone at where they are staying and go get a second phone, that is unless they have a good control regulating that.

On another point, ok, let everybody in as a free for all domestic and foreign visitors and let the illnesses and death count climb so it has a new negative movement and impact against their cockamamy absurdities since there is a long long way to vaccinate CM folk. My family is at risk as well as they are not offering the ideal vaccines to them. We already checked again and it is only the Chinese junk and then AZ being pushed for which my early 20's kids and my wife will not take as well as so so so many here. For me I only have one more Pfizer shot to go, but it won't be full activated by Oct 1, but if the poo hits the fan we are going to lock in more, and this means shut the wife's business for awhile.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Another day, another plan...

Another Brain dead one. Amazing how giddy these self glorified morons get on their cockamamy schemes get when people especially now are at risk. As you see the gov basically used the old leave it up to the provinces to decide on what is going to go on. Convenient for shoving the blame somewhere else.

5 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Another Brain dead one. Amazing how giddy these self glorified morons get on their cockamamy schemes get when people especially now are at risk. As you see the gov basically used the old leave it up to the provinces to decide on what is going to go on. Convenient for shoving the blame somewhere else.

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/5136-news-forum-quarantine-sealed-routes-may-be-ditched-as-government-revises-re-opening-plan/?do=findComment&comment=58935

Glad to see they plan on dropping the sealed route and the mandatory tour group ideas. They were deal killers right off the bat. Pattaya was planning on requiring in addition to all the tests, three days of room quarantine, 4 more days of limited sealed route and no contact with locals. Follow that up with 7 more days of slightly larger sealed routes with mandatory tour guides. Who would have ever gone for that? A Phuket style scheme in Pattaya is very doable. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

It's starting to make a little bit more sense.

Now they just need to set the starting date to January and get everyone jabbed by mid-December. Then most rules and requirements would be superfluous.

Plus, then it would be reasonably safe.

Would that be too logical?

Sure, postpone for the safety of the numbers, then offer people who want to pay and can pay for Pfizer the opportunity to pay and jab with what is in reserve and what is coming for the next 30 million + jabs, bring in more Moderna for a choice, then everyone else who doesn't go that route has to get jabbed with what they are forcing or forever hold taking the risk of getting sick, and then open it up here for a happy 2022.

The odd question is that Si no pharm is actually the not so bad one and in a sense accepted by the people here, so why on earth are they still pushing S in ovac? My guess is China won't even use it and Si no pharm is the choice and not available in large amounts now. My son even told me that something was circulating through the social that the CCP are now focused on MRNA. Lots of things are going though the kids thoughts on social now.

2 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Sure, postpone for the safety of the numbers, then offer people who want to pay and can pay for Pfizer the opportunity to pay and jab with what is in reserve and what is coming for the next 30 million + jabs, bring in more Moderna for a choice, then everyone else who doesn't go that route has to get jabbed with what they are forcing or forever hold taking the risk of getting sick, and then open it up here for a happy 2022.

The odd question is that Si no pharm is actually the not so bad one and in a sense accepted by the people here, so why on earth are they still pushing S in ovac? My guess is China won't even use it and Si no pharm is the choice and not available in large amounts now. My son even told me that something was circulating through the social that the CCP are now focused on MRNA. Lots of things are going though the kids thoughts on social now.

They didn't initially have the mRNA tech, but they caught up. They now have Arcovax which they will mass produce as from October with 200m annual production line.

This is a good development. People can now say: "Look only one set of hoops to jump through." and then decide where they want to spend the first 14 days. The different region/different rules horses#!t was never going to fly. The Phuket Sandbox, while not the stunning success the sunshine-blowers are talking up, is not an abject failure. My only concern is that opening Bangkok may suck all the oxygen out of the room for the other sandboxes.

Just now, Bob20 said:

They didn't initially have the mRNA tech, but they caught up. They now have Arcovax which they will mass produce as from October with 200m annual production line.

Wonder what else they are trying to get imported and forge into on the MRNA scene? As from what I was told, as Thai social sees it is an abandonment of their other vaccines by the CCP. Well except for export and giving them away.

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

Wonder what else they are trying to get imported and forge into on the MRNA scene? As from what I was told, as Thai social sees it is an abandonment of their other vaccines by the CCP. Well except for export and giving them away.

200m isn't going to replace the other vaccines, but may be nice boosters for a "selected few"?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

200m isn't going to replace the other vaccines, but may be nice boosters for a "selected few"?

200 million at first no as probably covers their top elite, but it is maybe only the start of them flipping the prescription to eventually be all MRNA. For that country it is impossible to know what the real numbers are and what they are really up to.