News Forum - Digital Health Pass for Covid-19 safety rolling out now

Thaiger

The Public Health Ministry has launched the Digital Health Pass through the Mor Prom app and it will likely become a part of everyday life in Thailand. All residents in Thailand are encouraged to download it right away, though there have been some problems already. But the Thai government is pushing ahead with the hopes of creating Covid-free zones across Thailand by October 1. The pass includes a person’s proof of vaccination, details of their most recent Covid-19 test, and their antibody readings. This key information will then be quick and easy for businesses and services to verify the Covid-19 […]

The post Digital Health Pass for Covid-19 safety rolling out now appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Looks like Chiang Mai peeps will be in line for this come sometime in October. Least they haven’t mentioned this for use of the condo pool. …… yet!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The Digital Health Pass is for anyone who has been tested at an official venue or has been fully vaccinated. 

No it isn't.

It's only for those who have been fully vaccinated in Thailand, excluding all Thais and expats vaccinated abroad and all tourists, making the system unworkable.

Attempting to include all those who've had Covid would make the system even more unworkable as recently not all have been hospitalised or even tested but they've been put into Covid Care Centres instead without being tested.

Until far more have been vaccinated it's just an invitation for businesses to open and ignore it.

• Like 5

Actually, foreigners who registered for the vaccination through expatvac or a platform associated with it, all receive a 13-digit code that can be used for activating the Mor Prom app. So, it’s not correct to say, “The Mor Prom app only accepts 13-digit Thai IDs currently, so expats can’t register yet…” They can. 

• Like 1

Already full vaccinated and this could be a nice option because I don’t want to keep neither the pass nor the certificate all the time with me. but…..not in my App Store??

Edited by Locronan

30 minutes ago, Locronan said:

.not in my App Store?

If you are an android user, it's in the Google Play Store.

Knowing how well Thailand's government websites work, the whole idea is problematic.

Why can't they just adapt and adopt what the EU has?

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en

Another proble will be the large number of older Thais that don't have smart phones.  They have cell phones, but they aren't smart.  My MiL and nearly all of her generation, that I've met, don't have phones with internet connection, so guess they have to rely on the not-yet-produced-but-promised-green-card.

What bunch of braindead munchkins.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

If you are an android user, it's in the Google Play Store.

Knowing how well Thailand's government websites work, the whole idea is problematic.

Why can't they just adapt and adopt what the EU has?

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en

Another proble will be the large number of older Thais that don't have smart phones.  They have cell phones, but they aren't smart.  My MiL and nearly all of her generation, that I've met, don't have phones with internet connection, so guess they have to rely on the not-yet-produced-but-promised-green-card.

What bunch of braindead munchkins.

Not that this government cares one jot of course about the elderly or those that can not afford smart phones or even the internet. As you say "What bunch of braindead munchkins". 

4 hours ago, DBKAY said:

Actually, foreigners who registered for the vaccination through expatvac or a platform associated with it, all receive a 13-digit code that can be used for activating the Mor Prom app. So, it’s not correct to say, “The Mor Prom app only accepts 13-digit Thai IDs currently, so expats can’t register yet…” They can. 

I registered and was vaccinated at a major Bangkok hospital and I was not given a 13 digit code and my pink id card number is not accepted either. I understand why they want to do it but this app has never worked right and this now will cause even more problems 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gummy said:

Not that this government cares one jot of course about the elderly or those that can not afford smart phones or even the internet. As you say "What bunch of braindead munchkins". 

What system is in place for rural villages?  Can't imagine these folk having too many smart phones AND the knowledge to download an app. 

MIL is a very worldly person except when it comes to anything technical and each time she loses a phone or the battery conks out, we buy her a new basic, not smart, one.  Often cheaper than a replacement battery.  We program in common numbers with the wife's at #1 as MIL often forgets who is who and so she rings my wife to relay messages.  Last week she called to say her bank debit card wasn't working and (her neighbour*) was unable to withdraw money we sent ... card had expired!   

* Neighbour with car often runs errands into town, 15km's away.

25 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

What system is in place for rural villages?  Can't imagine these folk having too many smart phones AND the knowledge to download an app. 

MIL is a very worldly person except when it comes to anything technical and each time she loses a phone or the battery conks out, we buy her a new basic, not smart, one.  Often cheaper than a replacement battery.  We program in common numbers with the wife's at #1 as MIL often forgets who is who and so she rings my wife to relay messages.  Last week she called to say her bank debit card wasn't working and (her neighbour*) was unable to withdraw money we sent ... card had expired!   

* Neighbour with car often runs errands into town, 15km's away.

Well in my particular village a lot of the older people don't have smartphones either and many not even a phone and the majority either don't have or can not afford internet anyway.In the case of my MIL it was only last year when my wife took her Mum's old phone away which drove her to use the smartphone as she was happy with her very old nokia !!!. Strangely my Wife's Grandmother , 84, took to her new phone like duck to water, but that is unusual but great to see. Not that any of that matters as most of the villagers have not been vaccinated anyway. A combination of not wanting to against the ghosts pop out of the woodwork, or they grow 4 thumbs so the Mor Phrom app to them is unknown and uneccessaary really. I can and hope to see that changing though as more get vaccinated, don't drop dead or other FB weirdos spouting garbage. Get my second Pfizer Wednesday so if I don't post after that, or I start posting something intelligent you know its "got me"  555

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

Get my second Pfizer Wednesday so if I don't post after that, or I start posting something intelligent you know its "got me"  555

Haha, you'd need weekly booster shots 🤓

The vax card issue may affect rural folk only when they visit the big smoke, so to speak.  MIL loves to visit relo's in Bangkok or us in CM, and flying is (or used to be) the easiest way to move around. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KaptainRob said:

Haha, you'd need weekly booster shots 🤓

The vax card issue may affect rural folk only when they visit the big smoke, so to speak.  MIL loves to visit relo's in Bangkok or us in CM, and flying is (or used to be) the easiest way to move around. 

Don't have that problem because relatives of the family all live locally anyway.  I suspect though, like the UK it will eventually be abandoned as the idea of having to show a vaccination will just fade away and no one will bother anyway. The UK abandoned it for various reasons. I am for vaccinations but only if people chose but I can not think how this app will prevent infections. Whether you are jabbed or not you still run the probability of being able to pass it it on (or catch it) so really a totaly pointless, and unfair, excercise in my view . 

Morphor seems to be working just fine for me. Took some 10 min to get my phone number added to vaccination record, but MedPark service and response time are great

8 hours ago, Locronan said:

Already full vaccinated and this could be a nice option because I don’t want to keep neither the pass nor the certificate all the time with me. but…..not in my App Store??

If you're a farang, keep a copy in your passport which you should have with you all the time (😂), as there's the same QR code on your paperwork.

6 hours ago, gummy said:

Whether you are jabbed or not you still run the probability of being able to pass it it on (or catch it) so really a totaly pointless, and unfair, excercise in my view . 

It's a ready made excuse to blame Joe Somchai Public for spreading the virus by not sticking to the rules and checking / using vaccine passports when the decision to end the semi-lockdown proves wrong and it all goes pear-shaped. 

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

If you're a farang, keep a copy in your passport which you should have with you all the time (😂), as there's the same QR code on your paperwork.

When I went for my shot, I took photos of all documents that came my way. Just in case.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Locronan said:

Do you mean the Mor Phrom app is not in your app store on an Apple phone or playstore on your Android ? This could be  due to the fact you are not in Thailand  or your phone was first registered outside of Thailand ? Don't know the answer for apple but for android just download the .apk file for it and install