Jump to content

Show me your Dish


spicy_girl
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Smithydog said:

Reminded me of the Good ole "Devils on Horseback"....bacon wrapped prunes. I am sure these are just as nice and will try.

Do you cook the mushrooms separately first or just roll them first uncooked and let them stew as you fry them in the bacon?

Hi Smithydog :) I fry mushrooms a few minutes with light oyster sauce and soy sauce and then wrap in bacon and grill. You are right, final cooking is grilling in the bacon..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Ana, what sauce do you use as a base for the chicken, ketjap manis, teriyaki, or your own secret recipe?  I know someone who reckons it's a very popular meal. 😉

3E7DC7AB-7727-4A75-943B-0568A1FFF975.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣Kaptain Rob. Yes, my own recipe. I make a sauce with cajun seasoning, oyster sauce, chili grind and olive oil, bake in the oven… add jalapeno peppers later. Yes, a popular one 🤣

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@spicy_girl just a comment as you have two diverse interests here , cooking and helicopters.  My only comment being that with so much delicious food of yours on here all making us hungry and eating more then your other thread will soon need to cover permissible underslung loads because sure as hell we will be too fat to get in the chopper door 😂

Excellent threads of yours , thankyou.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, gummy said:

@spicy_girl just a comment as you have two diverse interests here , cooking and helicopters.  My only comment being that with so much delicious food of yours on here all making us hungry and eating more then your other thread will soon need to cover permissible underslung loads because sure as hell we will be too fat to get in the chopper door 😂

Excellent threads of yours , thankyou.

Thank you Gummy :) Helis were my career and cooking is my favorite free time. I’m happy you like it 😊 Other topics maybe soon :))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

This melt-in-mouth pork belly was braised in cider, served on a parsnip mash and garnished with pears and steamed greens - Pub on the Wharf, Queenstown, NZ > [went back twice more for dinner!]

SVtQPwTyFk_g4So5zjV2zjn8EWPQ82ptXAaHQSku

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Christmas spread

Tender beef steaks, Lemon cheese chicken wrapped in bacon, cocktail shrimp with homemade sauce, skewered lamb with veggies, roasted brussel sprouts and carrots, mashed potato, cheese and fruit platter 🎄🎅

C5C673BE-FB20-4409-B312-5115741DA491.jpeg

14DAF080-A070-49C0-9B05-5C9801909FE6.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Air fryer is great. I use it everyday and it makes my life easier. No need having trouble cooking with oil and cook crispy bacon without oil splash up to my face 😊

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

Air fryer is great. I use it everyday and it makes my life easier. No need having trouble cooking with oil and cook crispy bacon without oil splash up to my face 😊

I tried making chips in the rotating basket attachment, cut the chips, washed them, dried them and put on olive oil then salted them, cooked them for about 20 minutes but they came out a little too soggy for me. Are these potatoes here in Thailand not suited for this operation, I've only ever seen the choice of one kind of potato?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I tried making chips in the rotating basket attachment, cut the chips, washed them, dried them and put on olive oil then salted them, cooked them for about 20 minutes but they came out a little too soggy for me. Are these potatoes here in Thailand not suited for this operation, I've only ever seen the choice of one kind of potato?

Cooking fresh potatoes is tricky. You may need to put higher temperature. I always cook frozen potatoes chips in air fryer. Just add some salt and paper and hey presto.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most recommend soaking your fries for a minimum of one hour up to overnight (the longer the better). This removes the surface starches that prevents desired crispness and cause the fries to stick together. A thin cut fry will also cook faster (shoestring v thick cut).

Air fryers are very helpful and ours gets used a lot. Personally I still prefer a deep oil fry for 'chips'.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

I tried making chips in the rotating basket attachment, cut the chips, washed them, dried them and put on olive oil then salted them, cooked them for about 20 minutes but they came out a little too soggy for me. Are these potatoes here in Thailand not suited for this operation, I've only ever seen the choice of one kind of potato?

Certainly tricky making chips with these potatoes, one guy told me how to make in the airfryer, cut your chips and put in a bowl covered with water then put in the microwave for 15 minutes then wash them off, I must admit I have tried it myself as of yet, as we still had some McCains chunky chips in the freezer 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, spicy_girl said:

Christmas spread

Tender beef steaks, Lemon cheese chicken wrapped in bacon, cocktail shrimp with homemade sauce, skewered lamb with veggies, roasted brussel sprouts and carrots, mashed potato, cheese and fruit platter 🎄🎅

C5C673BE-FB20-4409-B312-5115741DA491.jpeg

14DAF080-A070-49C0-9B05-5C9801909FE6.jpeg

What an awesome spread SG. I hope you had some help in the kitchen.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use