Show me your Dish

spicy_girl

Very simple Indonesian dish, noodles with oyster sauce, beef meatballs, spinach, egg and green chilis. Does not look great but good taste, I promise!

35B24E68-9DE5-4033-AC79-184478F82F75.jpeg

• Like 3

On 10/17/2021 at 10:58 PM, Faraday said:

Nope, post up the recipe please.

Hi Faraday, it’s easy to make, anyone can do.

Three or four avocados. Mash but not too much.

Red onion half, chopped small.

Handful of cherry tomatoes, chopped small. Most people like to use the big ones, but cherry tomatoes are better for the texture.

Small sprinkle of coriander and salt

Lime juice, jalapeno peppers (you decide how much)

One more thing: put the onion in warm water for 20 minutes before mixing. Then the onion flavor is less strong.

Hope you can try it :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Visited friends yesterday and I had a superb Hinlay curry, home cooked especially for my visit along with spring rolls ... sorry no pics as all gone before I though to take pics.  My wife and our host (he's from Tasmania) shared the dish below 🥴

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Visited friends yesterday and I had a superb Hinlay curry, home cooked especially for my visit along with spring rolls ... sorry no pics as all gone before I though to take pics.  My wife and our host (he's from Tasmania) shared the dish below 🥴

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AM-JKLVfxrl5lSQZmRHC4fLehuhLyS4tRm58xomu1NIAdTkcKK-cG4vzDyZ-0csE7m8sp4_KYi8FHWh-y6O5xGj3PffwQ_ebKx9a_W8mrczqv0J1RD4_iI4V2LGtW14t3YNuRVNA2yzgl04uZtzYc5-4PV-mXQ=w1343-h1007-no?authuser=0

My wife would love eating that; I'd have to be paid a lot of wonga before I did though.😂

• Like 1

My lovely wife just made this, the purple one is a wuun (jelly) made from Anchan - butterfly pea.

You can buy dried Anchan flowers from Lazada - 3 big bags for 209 baht. A lovely drink can be made from it also, by boiling a handful of the flowers, let the nam cool & add lemon & sugar to taste.

20211103_132939.jpg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

Nice snacky dish. Enoki mushrooms wrapped in bacon, skewer with grapefruit.

1FBE7A3B-8087-4BEA-9A02-BE614271022A.jpeg

One of my favourite side orders at Fuji although your bacon looks much tastier!  Grapefruit a good idea to cut through the pork fat.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 8:31 AM, spicy_girl said:

Nice snacky dish. Enoki mushrooms wrapped in bacon, skewer with grapefruit.

1FBE7A3B-8087-4BEA-9A02-BE614271022A.jpeg

Reminded me of the Good ole "Devils on Horseback"....bacon wrapped prunes. I am sure these are just as nice and will try.

Do you cook the mushrooms separately first or just roll them first uncooked and let them stew as you fry them in the bacon?

30 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

Reminded me of the Good ole "Devils on Horseback"....bacon wrapped prunes. I am sure these are just as nice and will try.

Do you cook the mushrooms separately first or just roll them first uncooked and let them stew as you fry them in the bacon?

My mother used to make something she called a Hawaiian casserole, probably a home-made recipe as the tropical part comprised of pineapple rings, plus bananas wrapped in bacon then pre-fried.  Placed in an open baking dish, creamed sweetcorn poured over and garnished with pineapple rings and knobs of butter, the dish was then 'cooked' until the pineapple was gold brown.  Simple and tasty but you had to mind the 'bones' -  toothpicks!

Ana, what sauce do you use as a base for the chicken, ketjap manis, teriyaki, or your own secret recipe?  I know someone who reckons it's a very popular meal. 😉

3E7DC7AB-7727-4A75-943B-0568A1FFF975.jpeg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

My mother used to make something she called a Hawaiian casserole, probably a home-made recipe as the tropical part comprised of pineapple rings, plus bananas wrapped in bacon then pre-fried.  Placed in an open baking dish, creamed sweetcorn poured over and garnished with pineapple rings and knobs of butter, the dish was then 'cooked' until the pineapple was gold brown.  Simple and tasty but you had to mind the 'bones' -  toothpicks!

The toothpicks, wow that reminds me...

My mother used to make rolled breast of lamb, stuffed with herbs - don't know which, & then hold them all together with toothpicks.

After eating them a few times, my father remarked that they tasted slightly medicated.

Mum said she'd run out of normal toothpicks & used those from the bathroom cabinet - Interdens, & didn't think we'd notice.

Even now, it must be 40 + years since then, I had a fleeting taste of medicated wood in my mouth...

Here they are from the 1970's

IMG_20211110_093958.png

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Even now, it must be 40 + years since then, I had a fleeting taste of medicated wood in my mouth...

Here they are from the 1970's

Haha ,,, I just got that same taste-memory, not unpleasant either ... doesn't go with lamb!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Smithydog said:

Hi Smithydog :) I fry mushrooms a few minutes with light oyster sauce and soy sauce and then wrap in bacon and grill. You are right, final cooking is grilling in the bacon..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Ana, what sauce do you use as a base for the chicken, ketjap manis, teriyaki, or your own secret recipe?  I know someone who reckons it's a very popular meal. 😉

3E7DC7AB-7727-4A75-943B-0568A1FFF975.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣Kaptain Rob. Yes, my own recipe. I make a sauce with cajun seasoning, oyster sauce, chili grind and olive oil, bake in the oven… add jalapeno peppers later. Yes, a popular one 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@spicy_girl just a comment as you have two diverse interests here , cooking and helicopters.  My only comment being that with so much delicious food of yours on here all making us hungry and eating more then your other thread will soon need to cover permissible underslung loads because sure as hell we will be too fat to get in the chopper door 😂

Excellent threads of yours , thankyou.

• Like 2