Show me your Dish

spicy_girl

4 hours ago, Transam said:

Actually I am, but I was just reminiscing, in my thoughts, the Christmas dinner spread. 😊

Stick to posting photo's of cars they look much better

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

My wife takes good care of me, she made me a load of Pate yesterday should last me a few days,

Liver and Bacon with Red Wine,

215978671_10160132727206874_1744708031398223903_n.jpg

Would go very well in a banh-mi, one of my favourite snack foods if done properly with pate, bbq pulled pork, hoisin sauce and pickled vegetables.

nuoc-sot-banh-mi-kep-thit.jpg

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Would go very well in a banh-mi, one of my favourite snack foods if done properly with pate, bbq pulled pork, hoisin sauce and pickled vegetables.

nuoc-sot-banh-mi-kep-thit.jpg

I'll keep that in mind I like pulled pork

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 3:27 PM, KaptainRob said:

https://blog.backpackerdeals.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/nuoc-sot-banh-mi-kep-thit.jpg

Lovely…with lots of coriander/cilantro and fresh chilis for me!

• Like 3

On 9/23/2021 at 9:08 PM, Faraday said:

That looks delicious, SG.

How do you make the Lemon Butter sauce?

Thank you, Faraday :)

Let’s see… I take two lemons, take out the juice and keep it. Then take out the pulp and add a little salt. Marinate the chicken in it for three or four hours.

When you are ready to bake, put butter all on the waxy paper on the baking tray. Pour on the lemon juice you are keeping. You can add some spice if you want.

Next, put cheese in the wrap with the chicken at the start time or half time baking. It will also melt into the sauce.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

Thank you, Faraday :)

Let’s see… I take two lemons, take out the juice and keep it. Then take out the pulp and add a little salt. Marinate the chicken in it for three or four hours.

When you are ready to bake, put butter all on the waxy paper on the baking tray. Pour on the lemon juice you are keeping. You can add some spice if you want.

Next, put cheese in the wrap with the chicken at the start time or half time baking. It will also melt into the sauce.

Marinated in lemon juice the chicken will already be partially 'cooked' and not take long in the oven, maybe 15 or 20 minutes?

• Like 3

On 9/24/2021 at 1:22 AM, Marc26 said:

You seem to like a lot of different type of ethnic foods,  how did you start to like them so much?

I think travelling. My first trip was Phuket after college. I loved the Thai food, and then I am thinking about other countries foods. In my hometown we don’t have the international food. For us, ethnic equals from a different part of Indonesia.

I tried Mexican food first time in the Philippines, Italian food (spaghetti bolognaise) first time in Japan, English breakfast first time in Thailand. Now I like to try all types :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

I think travelling. My first trip was Phuket after college. I loved the Thai food, and then I am thinking about other countries foods. In my hometown we don’t have the international food. For us, ethnic equals from a different part of Indonesia.

I tried Mexican food first time in the Philippines, Italian food (spaghetti bolognaise) first time in Japan, English breakfast first time in Thailand. Now I like to try all types :)

Good on you 

Great attitude to have 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Marinated in lemon juice the chicken will already be partially 'cooked' and not take long in the oven, maybe 15 or 20 minutes?

Yes @KaptainRobthat’s right. I’m always nervous about too much salt or overcooking. So I’m checking it a lot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

Yes @KaptainRobthat’s right. I’m always nervous about too much salt or overcooking. So I’m checking it a lot.

My wife, obviously Asian, is very sensitive to foods being too salty 

Her best friend is a Thai chef and he said he doesn't really like western food because it is too salty 

Unfortunately I love salt   😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

When you are ready to bake, put butter all on the waxy paper on the baking tray.

Do you mean parchment paper? I see wax paper coming to a bad end in the oven as its wax coated whereas parchment or baking paper is coated with silicon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, El_Trauco said:

Do you mean parchment paper? I see wax paper coming to a bad end in the oven as its wax coated whereas parchment or baking paper is coated with silicon.

Maybe, yes. We call it “baking paper” but I know that maybe isn’t right.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Her best friend is a Thai chef and he said he doesn't really like western food because it is too salty 

Unfortunately I love salt   😞

The good thing about salt is you can always add it after cooking.  Many Thai cooks add too much salt and sugar.  Ao's best friend must be a good chef, perhaps one of the few who likes to balance Thai cooking correctly?

I always under-salt, especially if using something like bacon, cheese and butter which probably contain enough anyway.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

Baked salmon and peppers lemon garlic with coriander. Great on a hot day!

Where does your salmon come from?  Not Norway I trust.  Locally farmed or US, Aus, NZ perhaps?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

What parallel universe do you live in? Asian food (sushi excepted) is almost the definition of too salty. I mean there are fish sauce refineries all over east Asia.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Where does your salmon come from?  Not Norway I trust.  Locally farmed or US, Aus, NZ perhaps?

Chile 😊

That’s a good question. Now I think about other foods I buy here..

Beef and lamb from Australia

Chicken, pork and squids local

Shrimps from Myanmar and Vietnam

Tomatoes from China

Bananas from Ecuador

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JamesE said:

What parallel universe do you live in? Asian food (sushi excepted) is almost the definition of too salty. I mean there are fish sauce refineries all over east Asia.

You should re-read what I actually wrote

I wrote that my wife is OBVIOUSLY Asian, and that SHE is sensitive to salt

I made no comment on the food or the salt in the food

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

The good thing about salt is you can always add it after cooking.  Many Thai cooks add too much salt and sugar.  Ao's best friend must be a good chef, perhaps one of the few who likes to balance Thai cooking correctly?

I always under-salt, especially if using something like bacon, cheese and butter which probably contain enough anyway.

The chef comments wasn't that western food was too salty, but that all they relied on was salt

So basically what you are saying, about balance

• Like 1

10 hours ago, spicy_girl said:

Chile 😊

That’s a good question. Now I think about other foods I buy here..

Beef and lamb from Australia

Chicken, pork and squids local

Shrimps from Myanmar and Vietnam

Tomatoes from China

Bananas from Ecuador

We don't realize how spoiled we are in some Western countries, where everything you mentioned, is within driving distance to our plate

So all of that is mostly local, especially if you buy organic

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Ok, Chilean salmon ok, wish we could get other than Norwegian here. 

Norway salmon looks pretty but is not good for baking. I always use the Chile salmon. I love Norway people, their salmon, not so much 🤣

• Like 2