Show me your Dish

spicy_girl

Hi everyone, let’s start a cooking thread for posting the pictures of the dishes we like to cook. And maybe add some advice or information about the dish. So we can share information and help each other :) 

I will start:

I like to cook Gai pad med mamuang (chicken cashew). I add 15 chilis and make the chicken pieces a little bigger, soak first. Sometimes I can’t get the texture of the red peppers right. But nice!3A7C7DAB-B791-4CC2-9B53-5FABA4FB42F9.thumb.jpeg.b3a0299848860fc063b08b9deef65ddf.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, TukTuk said:

Papaya Salad, a daily staple.

psalad.png

This is perfect, TukTuk, straight from the restaurant. Awesome!

Two dishes so far, how many more?

• Like 2

Im done with restaurants my wife can cook me anything I want she even make our own bread,

She is very artistic she likes Asian Fusion style cooking, She photographs everything 

238560221_10160204090116874_1299114711400320777_n.jpg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

My wife can cook Thai style pizza's you should try Phad Krapow 

And so can I, let's face it, anyone can put anything on top of a circle of dough, slap some cheese on top and call it a pizza.

For a Thai pizza you need at least half a bottle of ketchup on it. I prefer my Thai food, and Italian, as it should be. Cheers. 

• Like 3

My wife loves 'meal in a bowl' type dishes, which include: tom yum koong or mu; turmeric chicken soup; kang som; and many others usually with my home-made chicken broth or pork bones.

We both enjoy cooking and 3 meals I regularly prepare are:-

Philippine spicy pork, Chicken parmigiana,  and Beer-can BBQ chicken >

9D1CKH429prWpQElrPMVK8A66RXBJX4A4SBMsdei

The PI pork dish is one I developed,  happy to share recipe if requested, can post here.  

The amazing thing about the chook is not just the beautiful tender meat and crispy skin, but we get up to 6 meals out of the 100 bt chicken (1.6kg, from Makro).  Plus stock made from bones and skin.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, WilliamG said:

as it should be

Very judgemental there, William. How about Italian food before pasta and tomatoes were introduced from China and South America? What about Thai food before chillis from Mexico or lime from the Middle East? How about British "cuisine" before the introduction of the potato a few centuries ago? A world before fish and chips. Could you even imagine?

Cuisines, "as it should be", blend and meld and develop, pulling the best from everywhere to make something new. Open your eyes and appreciate the creativity being shown instead of showing off that you can go down to a local pub and are creative enough to buy a pizza and beer (originally from what is now Iran).

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

And so can I, let's face it, anyone can put anything on top of a circle of dough, slap some cheese on top and call it a pizza.

For a Thai pizza you need at least half a bottle of ketchup on it. I prefer my Thai food, and Italian, as it should be. Cheers. 

No Katchup in this house

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Very judgemental there, William. How about Italian food before pasta and tomatoes were introduced from China and South America? What about Thai food before chillis from Mexico or lime from the Middle East? How about British "cuisine" before the introduction of the potato a few centuries ago? A world before fish and chips. Could you even imagine?

Cuisines, "as it should be", blend and meld and develop, pulling the best from everywhere to make something new. Open your eyes and appreciate the creativity being shown instead of showing off that you can go down to a local pub and are creative enough to buy a pizza and beer (originally from what is now Iran).

Yeh, down the local pub, with my telly & remotes showing!  I made the dough, tomato sauce myself. Sadly I did not catch the prawns, tuna or squid myself, nor did I milk the cow to make the cheese.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JamesE said:

Thats the word, being creative not negative 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, spicy_girl said:

This is perfect, TukTuk, straight from the restaurant. Awesome!

Two dishes so far, how many more?

You lost me? Straight from what restaurant?

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 8:33 PM, TukTuk said:

You lost me? Straight from what restaurant?

Oh no restaurant, sorry. My meaning is, it looks like from a restaurant. Looks great :)

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 10:37 AM, Lowseasonlover said:

Rad Naa Kung and Moo before I pour the gravy on it Crispy Noodles 

241282347_10160255422996874_5926932331320981123_n.jpg

Two things, Lowseasonlover:

I think your wife is a better cook than me.

Also, I think she is a better photographer. 🤣

These dishes are amazing. What is the name of the first one?

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 10:47 AM, Lowseasonlover said:

you should try Phad Krapow 

That’s one of my favorites. I tried making it but the egg is not right.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 11:03 AM, KaptainRob said:

The PI pork dish is one I developed,  happy to share recipe if requested, can post here. 

Sorry, I cannot see the picture KaptainRob. The PI pork dish sounds interesting. I have just started cooking with pork. I would love to know the recipe, thank you!

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 6:43 PM, WilliamG said:

Now you're talkin' ! LOL.   This was prawn, tuna & squid a la Marinara.

Pizza & Beer.jpg

That's not a pizza.............

Edited by Marc26
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 7:09 PM, JamesE said:

I believe the chilies/spiciness of Thai food came from Portugal, no?

• Like 2

On 9/12/2021 at 6:54 PM, WilliamG said:

That is false..............

Well actually it's true. Anyone can call anything a pizza

But it doesn't make it a real pizza  :)

Edited by Marc26
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Marc26 said:

I believe the chilies/spiciness of Thai food came from Portugal, no?

Chilies originated in Mexico and Central America, were returned to Europe by the Spanish and spread outward from there. I haven't read how that spread happened but Spain had both east-bound and west-bound (via the Philippines) trade routes. The spice trade was very lucrative and the Portuguese had made it all the way to Japan early on. It makes perfect sense that they could have been the original importers.

• Like 1