Show me your Dish

spicy_girl

On 3/16/2022 at 2:39 PM, KaptainRob said:

This one is quite soft and fluffy when cooked, not creamy or hard like tempeh.   Do you get the smelly tofu or is that more a Chinese thing?

Here, they don’t smell. So many different kinds of tofu here. I also like the white tofu . It’s like pudding and melts in the mouth.. 

I always have this in almost all my meals. Spicy dried anchovies . It’s goes well with cold cucumber and cabbage. Trust me it will leave a delicious burning sensation in your mouth. 

A6560A71-41FF-4CAE-9C9D-0F659BC5FF51.jpeg

Edited by Faz
Typo
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, spicy_girl said:

I always have this in almost all my meals. Spicy dried anchovies . It’s goes well with cold cucumber and cabbage. Trust me it will leave a delicious burning sensation in your mouth. 

I'm used to the burning sensation though I really didn't enjoy this sambal(?) in Indonesia or Malaysia. 

Individual recipes vary dramatically according to ingredients and quantity so I'd like to try your version.  By the way, 'sop buntut', oxtail soup/stew, was one dish I enjoyed frequently.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

I'm used to the burning sensation though I really didn't enjoy this sambal(?) in Indonesia or Malaysia. 

Individual recipes vary dramatically according to ingredients and quantity so I'd like to try your version.  By the way, 'sop buntut', oxtail soup/stew, was one dish I enjoyed frequently.

My husband loves that dish too. I used natural ingredients . It’s simple and easy Hopefully it will be in the market soon😄. It’s quite popular and got some preorder to make this here. 

• Cool 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the kitchen 😄. I made roasted chicken wings with cajun seasoning and jalapeno. Finger licking good 😊 

967381C5-A4BB-4208-9F9D-688C45251AA0.jpeg

Edited by spicy_girl
  • Like 4

Simple lunch, Mie Goreng Indonesian noodles with fried tofu with egg, chili and chicken. Delicious and easy :)

E1A02308-F583-4429-AC03-C0A073CAB8AF.jpeg

• Like 3

On 4/4/2022 at 6:50 PM, spicy_girl said:

Simple lunch, Mie Goreng Indonesian noodles with fried tofu with egg, chili and chicken. Delicious and easy :)

E1A02308-F583-4429-AC03-C0A073CAB8AF.jpeg

Mie Sedap

• 1 month later...

Tonight’s dinner is Grilled salmon with homemade salsa, fettuccine tomato sauce and grilled cauliflower . A lot of work 😓but it was yummy!

BC67DD35-F7A9-4AB4-971D-AA2BB3F7816A.jpeg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, spicy_girl said:

Tonight’s dinner is Grilled salmon with homemade salsa, fettuccine tomato sauce and grilled cauliflower . A lot of work 😓but it was yummy!

BC67DD35-F7A9-4AB4-971D-AA2BB3F7816A.jpeg

I love quality salmon, cooked and presented as well as you do SG.  Cauliflower is another favourite we can't get here, oh it is sold, but has no flavour.  Needs to be grown in volcanic soils to obtain a unique flavour and I love it in stir-fries, baked cheese sauce or crumbed and deep-fried.

Might have to pay you a visit 😃

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

I love quality salmon, cooked and presented as well as you do SG.  Cauliflower is another favourite we can't get here, oh it is sold, but has no flavour.  Needs to be grown in volcanic soils to obtain a unique flavour and I love it in stir-fries, baked cheese sauce or crumbed and deep-fried.

Might have to pay you a visit 😃

Thank you KaptainRob! 
You’re welcome anytime 😀

Hor Mok - steamed seafood souffle made with curry paste

My wife cooks this occasionally, lot of work in it, but ideal for special dinners.  Looks best in banana leaf (natures non-stick baking paper) but much easier and quicker in a ramekan.

image.thumb.png.702bfe85ed3f44b248198310832ca73d.png

Nan featured Hor Mok in her superb video here > https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/14656-top-10-yummy-central-thai-dishes-video/

And the recipe may be found here > 

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me the English name of this vegetable?

In Thai it sounds like 'Kanneang' but Google translate returns 'Firework'?

Like many vegetables and fruits, it's only available for one or two weeks a year, like now.

Possibly it's from Myanmar and Kanneang is not the Thai name.

Thanks

805718380_Screenshot2022-06-07at10_15_18.png.4a72c916080ca74770c7a409972df91f.png

On 6/7/2022 at 12:17 PM, Saltire said:

Can anyone tell me the English name of this vegetable?

In Thai it sounds like 'Kanneang' but Google translate returns 'Firework'?

Like many vegetables and fruits, it's only available for one or two weeks a year, like now.

Possibly it's from Myanmar and Kanneang is not the Thai name.

Thanks

805718380_Screenshot2022-06-07at10_15_18.png.4a72c916080ca74770c7a409972df91f.png

Did you manage to find out Saltire? I’m stumped by this one.

3 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Nope, still have no idea.

Maybe it has no English name?

I put it here in case @spicy_girlknew.

Edited by Saltire
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

Nope, still have no idea.

Maybe it has no English name?

I put it here in case @spicy_girlknew.

Just asked my wife, she said it is from the south. She found it on Lazada but I cannot find an English name for it. The Thai name is in the search box.

Are those them?

Screenshot_2022-06-13-14-25-20-284_com.lazada.android.thumb.jpg.275f5ac1e7d3ae1d5948effe2a00894d.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

Just put those Thai letters into Google Translate and it comes back as a 'Fresh Ball'

Screenshot_2022-06-13-14-56-23-231_com.google.android_apps.translate.thumb.jpg.13bc33b61c8f858b6ea05678cb19a918.jpg

1 hour ago, Marble-eye said:

Just asked my wife, she said it is from the south. She found it on Lazada but I cannot find an English name for it. The Thai name is in the search box.

Are those them?

Screenshot_2022-06-13-14-25-20-284_com.lazada.android.thumb.jpg.275f5ac1e7d3ae1d5948effe2a00894d.jpg

Yes that's them, I got the Thai name but google translate is no help

Thanks

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

Yes that's them, I got the Thai name but google translate is no help

Thanks

You know Saltire, I think I might just have found the name. It looks to be a Jengkol.

close-fresh-dogfruit-jengkol-indonesian-260nw-1374020513.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1