On 2/6/2022 at 5:07 PM, spicy_girl said:

Today I am craving thai green mango salad. So I made this! Spicy and hot 🥵 

#ImissThailand#

6CCBFE96-407D-4200-824F-16340B76013F.jpeg

I always get to enjoy the wife's somtam next day 🥵 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4CB0D91E-80DB-4B77-8339-B70033781E61.jpeg

That is a very good and tasty looking fried rice Spicy_Girl.  And fresh cooked Salmon too!   The lighting for this photo is spot on, very natural colouring.  👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KaptainRob said:

4CB0D91E-80DB-4B77-8339-B70033781E61.jpeg

That is a very good and tasty looking fried rice Spicy_Girl.  And fresh cooked Salmon too!   The lighting for this photo is spot on, very natural colouring.  👍

Thank you KaptainRob ☺️

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Faraday said:

Vietnamese style Pork rolls.

20220216_192515.thumb.jpg.1393dd5c3be5edf1a84bc523ea652d1f.jpg

With lovely fresh home grown vegetables.

20220214_184818-2.thumb.jpg.bd84429f652a2623765dc43b319436ca.jpg

That flowers are too pretty to be eaten. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

Burritos 🌯  and margarita chicken

420A8EAB-9E47-4BF0-BB1A-C8367F90F24F.jpeg

A264FE91-4089-4052-8FD4-5A115B5ED8E1.jpeg

Have a heart, @spicy_girl , for those of us who've had a cooked lunch and only have cheese & onion sarnies to keep them going till bed e byes . . . looks delicious, though 😋!

• Like 2

Do you make your own Horseradish sauce?

Absolutely gorgeous stuff, especially on roast beef.

They have fresh horseradish in Villa Market here, & I considered making my own sauce, but at 400 baht, & not knowing if they were good or not, I didn't.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, Faraday said:

Do you make your own Horseradish sauce?

Absolutely gorgeous stuff, especially on roast beef.

They have fresh horseradish in Villa Market here, & I considered making my own sauce, but at 400 baht, & not knowing if they were good or not, I didn't.

Thank you Faraday :)

To make the shrimp sauce, I used horseradish paste from a tube. 1 tbs or if you like it stronger taste you could put more… and mixed that with tomato ketchup, 1/2 tbs chili sauce(sriracha sauce) 1/2 tbs worcestershire sauce, lemon juice from half a lemon 🍋, splash of tabasco and salt to taste. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

Thank you Faraday :)

To make the shrimp sauce, I used horseradish paste from a tube. 1 tbs or if you like it stronger taste you could put more… and mixed that with tomato ketchup, 1/2 tbs chili sauce(sriracha sauce) 1/2 tbs worcestershire sauce, lemon juice from half a lemon 🍋, splash of tabasco and salt to taste. 

We get Coleman’s horseradish sauce here at a store in CM. Lovely stuff. I do the mix as somewhat close to what you do to make shrimp cocktail sauce. I also make my own Tar Tar Sauce. Both that I make are in the end pretty much restaurant quality delicious as I can tell yours is the same for the shrimp cocktail sauce. I love to make a variety of sauces as they just highlights certain food so well. Your dish looks delicious. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

We get Coleman’s horseradish sauce here at a store in CM. Lovely stuff. I do the mix as somewhat close to what you do to make shrimp cocktail sauce. I also make my own Tar Tar Sauce. Both that I make are in the end pretty much restaurant quality delicious as I can tell yours is the same for the shrimp cocktail sauce. I love to make a variety of sauces as they just highlights certain food so well. Your dish looks delicious. 

Thank you. I like everything homemade. It’s always best! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

Thank you. I like everything homemade. It’s always best! 

Yes in most food cases I definetely agree and is one reason I have a full oven with broiler in my house here in Chiang Mai. Now my 18 yr old daughter has taken a big interest in cooking all type of foods using spices and ingredients rather than just having the food come out plain. Can add desserts into what we/she is doing as well.. I will post some coming up soon.

• Like 1

I might skip my dinner tonight. I made this from whatever was left in the fridge. Harami beef wrapped with lettuce (korean style), grilled corn with garlic butter, and japanese vegetable tofu. 

C39A0A49-53A3-4D2D-99E0-45468ECBE572.jpeg

• Like 2

On 3/6/2022 at 12:04 PM, spicy_girl said:

Harami beef wrapped with lettuce (korean style), grilled corn with garlic butter, and japanese vegetable tofu. 

I had not eaten tofu until my long stay in Bali when 'tempeh' was frequently served up in various forms.

Last week we tasted a deep fried Shan-style tofu at a local market and it was delicious - quite moist and went well with my wife's home-made tamarind sauce.  Picture below shows it served with nam prik >

image.png.3e5531d4a4a3255941f67c1f22f1b393.png

• Like 3

Many of our favourite lunch venues are still closed or have folded due to Covid and the best food courts are IMO, at Central Airport Plaza.  The Tops food court is generally very good but the most popular is the big Kad Luang one under the Northern Village.

My tip is to get there early while ready-cooked foods are just being filled into bain-maries and remain warm.  Otherwise, we usually go to a cook-to-order vendor.   A new one is adjacent the Yamazaki Bakery at the entrance and has a large menu display of many variations of Pad Thai and Hoy Tod dishes, among others.

Hoy Tod, an omelette-type dish served over bean shoots, may come with small mussels (hoy) as standard, but here you can specify mussels, oysters, prawns, or mixed seafood.  [Note: 'hoy' may also refer to oysters so you must specify your choice.]

My Hoy Tod came with ~10 fresh plump oysters and the omelette, a blend of egg and flour thickening, was still moist in the middle, not overcooked - 100 baht.

image.thumb.png.1fc566611fbba659bf607bb7b7792b14.png

Pad Thai can also be customised, this with goong/prawns - 60 baht.

image.thumb.png.6a45ad951d724ca7a4e25b1677ce8b80.png

• Like 2

On 3/14/2022 at 10:44 AM, KaptainRob said:

I had not eaten tofu until my long stay in Bali when 'tempeh' was frequently served up in various forms.

Last week we tasted a deep fried Shan-style tofu at a local market and it was delicious - quite moist and went well with my wife's home-made tamarind sauce.  Picture below shows it served with nam prik >

image.png.3e5531d4a4a3255941f67c1f22f1b393.pngLooks 🤤 yummy. I love tofu 

34 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

Looks 🤤 yummy. I love tofu 

This one is quite soft and fluffy when cooked, not creamy or hard like tempeh.   Do you get the smelly tofu or is that more a Chinese thing?