Show me your Dish

spicy_girl

New Year’s Eve dinner 🎉

Grilled salmon and asparagus, baked potatoes and cajun shrimp with mashed avocado on garlic bread. Happy New Year everyone! 🍻

1E0D9951-0031-4E2F-8883-AE48BB84B20D.jpeg

A5CDB6D7-F26D-44E5-8850-AE163E2C6D49.jpeg

Edited by spicy_girl
  • Like 6
  • Cool 1

3 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

New Year’s Eve dinner 🎉

Grilled salmon and asparagus, baked potatoes and cajun shrimp with mashed avocado on garlic bread. Happy New Year everyone! 🍻

F03F36BF-0407-4DFA-98F9-E4A6E8191C35.jpeg

Beats my air fried sausage by a country mile.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

New Year’s Eve dinner 🎉

A5CDB6D7-F26D-44E5-8850-AE163E2C6D49.jpeg

You've shamed us all again SG.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a simple and yummy vegetarian snack my mother taught me. She passed away in 2021 and it’s always reminds me of her. 

First step is to cut the tofu in the middle, stuff it with vegetables, bean sprout, cabbage, carrot. Next, make the coating with flour, rice flour and seasoning  that you like. Add *a little* baking powder to make it crispy. Coriander if you like it.

The sauce is easy, a blend of ground peanuts, garlic, chilis, tamarind, lime juice and palm sugar. 

4E657F30-03D4-40C4-89C4-197F06E76A3F.jpeg

3AD2E165-180E-4EC4-ABCE-6AD5B340E358.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KaptainRob said:

^ not at all fattening I suppose 🙄 but very tasty and generally nutritious, looks great 😛

I understand some people don’t like tofu but this one is good, taste like a steak 😁 Healthy and yummy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, longwood50 said:

What is your cooking recipe. 

Good question, thank you for asking. Now I have an idea. Next time I make it, I will post the step by step here with photos 😁

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rain said:

Another family weekend gathering - 

family.jpg

Quite normal looking for common Thai folk. Anything you don't eat in the mix? Me I eat all but then it depends on how the someone had made it and if delicious or not. Was this bought at  the market?

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 4:37 AM, spicy_girl said:

Hi everyone, let’s start a cooking thread for posting the pictures of the dishes we like to cook. And maybe add some advice or information about the dish. So we can share information and help each other :) 

I will start:

I like to cook Gai pad med mamuang (chicken cashew). I add 15 chilis and make the chicken pieces a little bigger, soak first. Sometimes I can’t get the texture of the red peppers right. But nice!3A7C7DAB-B791-4CC2-9B53-5FABA4FB42F9.thumb.jpeg.b3a0299848860fc063b08b9deef65ddf.jpeg

Where is the 🤤 icon reaction? Looks amazing. And 15 chili's is impressive. 🌶️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/9/2022 at 4:37 PM, longwood50 said:

What is your cooking recipe. 

Ok, I promised… here is how i cook Gai Pad Med Mamuang:

First step is marinate the chicken. I put lemon juice (one lemon), salt, pepper, a little garlic and a little ground chili if you like. 1 hour marinate is enough.

F5E25E2E-46DE-44EA-98F2-B130801FE4C1.jpeg

• Like 2

Next, fry the chicken in oil and butter until cooked. Then take out and keep for later.

Next, start again. Fry garlic and onion until half brown and then add the chicken you cooked and unsalted butter. Add sliced red and yellow peppers (capsicum). Then add one tablespoon chili paste and two tablespoon of soy sauce. Add fish sauce as much as you like, depends on your taste. Key point: no more extra salt now. Also, add some oyster sauce, two tablespoons. Stir it up until peppers are good, soft texture.

Next, put some boiling water in a tea cup half full and put one and half tablespoons of corn starch. Stir it and add to your cooking.

Last thing to add is a little ground green pepper and the cashews nuts. I put cashews last because I like a crunchy texture but everyone is different :)

044CDF4D-B458-40A9-811D-6433475DD297.jpeg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

Next, fry the chicken in oil and butter until cooked. Then take out and keep for later.

Next, start again. Fry garlic and onion until half brown and then add the chicken you cooked and unsalted butter. Add sliced red and yellow peppers (capsicum). Then add one tablespoon chili paste and two tablespoon of soy sauce. Add fish sauce as much as you like, depends on your taste. Key point: no more extra salt now. Also, add some oyster sauce, two tablespoons. Stir it up until peppers are good, soft texture.

Next, put some boiling water in a tea cup half full and put one and half tablespoons of corn starch. Stir it and add to your cooking.

Last thing to add is a little ground green pepper and the cashews nuts. I put cashews last because I like a crunchy texture but everyone is different :)

044CDF4D-B458-40A9-811D-6433475DD297.jpeg

Very good Spicy Girl ... one of my favourites! 

I learnt to also add mild dried chili's, big flat ones, and to toast them before adding to the wok. If cooking over gas, a splash of cooking wine can be flambéed and adds umami. 

I'm hungry now ....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1