Show me your Dish

spicy_girl

8 minutes ago, gummy said:

@spicy_girl just a comment as you have two diverse interests here , cooking and helicopters.  My only comment being that with so much delicious food of yours on here all making us hungry and eating more then your other thread will soon need to cover permissible underslung loads because sure as hell we will be too fat to get in the chopper door 😂

Excellent threads of yours , thankyou.

Thank you Gummy :) Helis were my career and cooking is my favorite free time. I’m happy you like it 😊 Other topics maybe soon :))

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This melt-in-mouth pork belly was braised in cider, served on a parsnip mash and garnished with pears and steamed greens - Pub on the Wharf, Queenstown, NZ > [went back twice more for dinner!]

SVtQPwTyFk_g4So5zjV2zjn8EWPQ82ptXAaHQSku

• Like 4

Pad Krappow Mu khai dow. 

My favourite Thai dish - this from my favourite local hostelry is just so delicious.

As is their pad krappow pizza.

IMG_20211123_185524.thumb.jpg.c0714a21a1ea5c02be6c91112f1616fe.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Christmas spread

Tender beef steaks, Lemon cheese chicken wrapped in bacon, cocktail shrimp with homemade sauce, skewered lamb with veggies, roasted brussel sprouts and carrots, mashed potato, cheese and fruit platter 🎄🎅

C5C673BE-FB20-4409-B312-5115741DA491.jpeg

14DAF080-A070-49C0-9B05-5C9801909FE6.jpeg

• Like 5

Air fryer is great. I use it everyday and it makes my life easier. No need having trouble cooking with oil and cook crispy bacon without oil splash up to my face 😊

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

Air fryer is great. I use it everyday and it makes my life easier. No need having trouble cooking with oil and cook crispy bacon without oil splash up to my face 😊

I tried making chips in the rotating basket attachment, cut the chips, washed them, dried them and put on olive oil then salted them, cooked them for about 20 minutes but they came out a little too soggy for me. Are these potatoes here in Thailand not suited for this operation, I've only ever seen the choice of one kind of potato?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I tried making chips in the rotating basket attachment, cut the chips, washed them, dried them and put on olive oil then salted them, cooked them for about 20 minutes but they came out a little too soggy for me. Are these potatoes here in Thailand not suited for this operation, I've only ever seen the choice of one kind of potato?

Cooking fresh potatoes is tricky. You may need to put higher temperature. I always cook frozen potatoes chips in air fryer. Just add some salt and paper and hey presto.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Most recommend soaking your fries for a minimum of one hour up to overnight (the longer the better). This removes the surface starches that prevents desired crispness and cause the fries to stick together. A thin cut fry will also cook faster (shoestring v thick cut).

Air fryers are very helpful and ours gets used a lot. Personally I still prefer a deep oil fry for 'chips'.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

Certainly tricky making chips with these potatoes, one guy told me how to make in the airfryer, cut your chips and put in a bowl covered with water then put in the microwave for 15 minutes then wash them off, I must admit I have tried it myself as of yet, as we still had some McCains chunky chips in the freezer 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, spicy_girl said:

Christmas spread

Tender beef steaks, Lemon cheese chicken wrapped in bacon, cocktail shrimp with homemade sauce, skewered lamb with veggies, roasted brussel sprouts and carrots, mashed potato, cheese and fruit platter 🎄🎅

C5C673BE-FB20-4409-B312-5115741DA491.jpeg

14DAF080-A070-49C0-9B05-5C9801909FE6.jpeg

What an awesome spread SG. I hope you had some help in the kitchen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Certainly tricky making chips with these potatoes, one guy told me how to make in the airfryer, cut your chips and put in a bowl covered with water then put in the microwave for 15 minutes then wash them off, I must admit I have tried it myself as of yet, as we still had some McCains chunky chips in the freezer 

Yeah. Long been the challenge to making decent chips with locally grown spuds.