News Forum - 2 new Covid-19 deaths in Phuket, only 15% of hospital beds open

Thaiger

2 new deaths and a reduction in total hospital beds lead the bad news on Covid-19 for Phuket today. The daily infections have held steady with 230 new infections, a few less than yesterday, but marking the 13th day in a row with infections above 200 per day. The total deaths in the last 8 days stands at 19, one less than the cumulative total from the start of April to the end of August. A 65 year old Thai woman who had 1 vaccine, though the brand was not released, was a high-risk contact who died yesterday of Covid-19. […]

The post 2 new Covid-19 deaths in Phuket, only 15% of hospital beds open appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

That’s a 1.5% jump to almost 85% hospital bed occupancy, a figure authorities had been feverishly adding hundreds of beds per week to keep under 80%. …..

The Phuket Sandbox maybe puckering now …. 90% by Friday?
It now matches 80 % to shutdown sandbox, that would match the 90 cases in one week shutdown, which they turned a blind eye to.

I didn’t think blind eye was a Covid symptom?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

I didn’t think blind eye was a Covid symptom?

No, but they suffered from their "condition" well before Covid started.

And don't be surprised if "blind eye" will be added to the Sinovac adverse reactions 😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

If you was outside of Thailand now looking in with thoughts of a holiday, would you jump through all the hoops, follow all the rules to come here. 

May, as the Thais bending over backwards ….. (From Phuket Government Facebook Page)

Phuket has begun vaccinating the 3rd needle (Booster) to residents who have a house registration and work in Phuket, ready to accelerate proactive screening to reduce the number of infected people in the area.
      Today (12 September 64) at the 4,000-seat Nazim Gymnasium at Saphan Hin  Mueang Phuket District  Which is a vaccine center in Phuket that is open to vaccination Asta Seneca (AZ) 3rd needle (Booster) to people who have a house registration or work in Phuket.  Has registered and received a message confirming the time of appointment. Gradually travel to the 3rd dose vaccination. Those who have received the 3rd dose must be those who have previously received the number of Chinovac vaccinations.  2 doses and the 3rd dose will be AstaZeneca vaccination.  (AZ) to boost immunity for people after the delta epidemic in the area now.  In addition to the booster vaccination at the gymnasium 4,000 seats.  According to various vaccination centers in Phuket, such as Thalang District will inject at Angsana Laguna Hotel Injection Center, Kathu District will inject at Jungceylon Patong Injection Center.  Muang Phuket District  There will be 2 injections at the 4000-seat gym and at the injection center of Phuket Orchid Resort, Karon Subdistrict.  Phuket Province  by having to register through  "Phuket must win", which previously, Phuket Province has started vaccinating the 3rd needle to booster to the front line group and 608 people as the first group.
      It was found that during this period, Phuket Province found more than 200 infected people per day per day, so the province has continued proactive screening in all areas.  which the province has set up ci in every sub-district to accommodate the detected patients  Most of which are patients in the green group.  Due to Phuket Province, most people have been vaccinated before.  thus reducing the severity of COVID-19.  19 got some and during this time the province has vaccinated  Booster, the third needle to the public, coupled with proactive screening, which will build confidence for people and tourists.  in preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus  It is expected that after this the number of infected people will continue to decline.

Sorry a bit disjointed but using Google Translate. 

3 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

If you was outside of Thailand now looking in with thoughts of a holiday, would you jump through all the hoops, follow all the rules to come here. 

PSX_20210912_165935.jpg.8ac6eff5edef88303c7620e0612de978.jpg

No, I have been waiting for nearly three months now to go to my house in Phuket but I am not going as I can see things will get worse and everything will have to be closed, we are free and open here in the UK, the weather is warm so why fly all that way to go to jail?

I know a few others too who are waiting to go too.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JamesR said:

No, I have been waiting for nearly three months now to go to my house in Phuket but I am not going as I can see things will get worse and everything will have to be closed, we are free and open here in the UK, the weather is warm so why fly all that way to go to jail?

I know a few others too who are waiting to go too.

Just send me the keys, I will check it out for you  next time I am in Phuket😊

6 hours ago, Thommo said:

Just send me the keys, I will check it out for you  next time I am in Phuket😊

Thats a good idea :)

I was sent pictures showing plants growing all over my car and creeping up the wall of the house from the garden so a neighbour went around and cut it all down, it looked like it was in a jungle :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

15% of hospital beds open

half-empty vs half-full.... ridiculous PR

85% of beds full seems a lot more than half full or half empty to me LOL, would you rather they lied about how full the hospitals are?

In order for it to remain at 85% they had to add more beds, they can not keep on doing that forever.

• Like 2