News Forum - Phuket plans to set up 10 more isolation centres as Covid situation continues to worry officials

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

No never!  Not only will not admit their focus was wrong, they will have learned nothing by it also. Dogmatic arrogant people who are capable of unseating democratically elected governments don’t think there is anything to learn

the lesson is repeated until it is learned, as for thailand is a dog chasing its own tail... spinning and spinning

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Stonker said:

They don't use hospital beds for people with only mild covid symptoms (fever, headache, fatigue), they use Covid Care Centres.

TheThaiger must have misreported it then… 

Phuket Record 4 Covid-19 deaths in 1 day, hospitals nearly full  Thaiger.png

Running out of hospital beds AND excuses now.  But do not worry tourists, we will bring in more temporary hospital beds for if you hurt yourself (or someone else does), and TAT is working on some more excuses.

41 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Running out of hospital beds AND excuses now.  But do not worry tourists, we will bring in more temporary hospital beds for if you hurt yourself (or someone else does), and TAT is working on some more excuses.

Rest assured that those EMS boys will find a hospital bed for any seriously injured Farang.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Stonker said:

Who is "they"?

They would be the bureacrats that make covid-related decisions.

It's never been about "the dirty farang" and this obsession that they've somehow been held responsible in any way just doesn't hold up.

The Sandbox set was all about the dirty farang, bringing in the nasty foreign virus, that's why complicated COEs, only vaccinated travelers need apply, they must stay in "certified" hotels and pre-pay for PCR tests...that's all about the "dirty farangs" and their "dirty virus".

The problem's simply the vaccination procurement - or lack of it.

Thailand's burgeoning numbers are surely due to that, I agree and nothing in my post disagrees with that.  My point was they were looking in the wrong direction to keep Phuket virus-free.

Why constantly dilute and detract from that?

I do nothing of the kind and if you think that, then perhaps its your perception that is skewed, not mine.

51 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

The Sandbox set was all about the dirty farang, bringing in the nasty foreign virus, that's why complicated COEs, only vaccinated travelers need apply, they must stay in "certified" hotels and pre-pay for PCR tests...that's all about the "dirty farangs" and their "dirty virus".

So those rules didn't apply to Thais, who made up a third of the Sandbox numbers?

Apart from the CoE, which is hardly "complicated" but just confirmation of the other requirements being met, I think you'll find they did so that argument's out 😂

Thailand's burgeoning numbers are surely due to that, I agree and nothing in my post disagrees with that.  My point was they were looking in the wrong direction to keep Phuket virus-free.

Well, what additional rules could have been applied to keep "dirty" Thais out to keep Phuket virus-free?

What else could have been done that wasn't at the expense of the rest of Thailand?

I do nothing of the kind and if you think that, then perhaps its your perception that is skewed, not mine.

If you constantly whinge about things that have zero validity rather than things that do, I'm afraid you do.

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Do you have a source that shows TheThaiger’s reporting to be inaccurate?  If so, please share.

Certainly, the PPHO report which is in the source shown for Thaiger's report, the Phuket News.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-marks-230-new-covid-cases-two-more-deaths-81371.php

The mildest cases (those with "fever, headache, fatigue") are in Covid Care Centres, while those with more acute symptoms than that, albeit still green / mild are in the hospitals.

There are two levels of "mild" as the PPHO graphic shows, and the lowest level (those with "fever, headache, fatigue") are in the CCC's, not the hospitals.

Edit:

In hindsight, whether that's "inaccurate reporting", ambiguous, or if you confused the issue by adding "fever, headache, fatigue" is arguable, to be fair to the Thaiger, as normally there are four distinct levels of severity rather than three with one level sub-divided to make four.

My understanding is for those already in a Care Center or Hospital with mild symptoms, when the policy changed to allow them to go home and isolate, it wasn't compulsory. Some may have a large family at home which they don't want to infect, so for them and their family it's better if they stay in the care center or hospital and not isolate at home. Hence it may difficult to discharge all the mild infections without creating many more cases.