News Forum - NIDA poll suggests many Thais don’t think Prayut will be PM again

Thaiger

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha’s current term as prime minister might be his last, says the respondents to a new survey by the National Institute of Development Administration. The NIDA poll was taken from September 6 to September 9 by phone. 1,310 people, 18 and older, of various levels of education and different occupations throughout the country were queried on their opinions about PM Prayut, Deputy PM Prawit Wongsuwon, and Interior Minister Anupong Paojinda. On the question of whether Prayut will not be the prime minister when the new government comes about, 53% said this was a possibility, 32% said it was […]

The post NIDA poll suggests many Thais don’t think Prayut will be PM again appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It doesn't matter if he is or isn't, but what does matter of the whom behind the scenes is, and a council of Junta and connected elite are bad words.

• Like 2

No doubt this horrific non leader has to go. He is at the very bottom of the barrel. Thailand could not do any worse, if Sorn the plumber was leading the nation. Or Ali G., for that matter. 

However, the first thing the Thai people have to accomplish is to get rid of this toxic constitution. Then get rid of the spectacularly corrupt and highly immoral 250 proxy senators, then the army leadership. 

Only then, can Thailand have any hope of moving forward, and avoiding the abyss of poverty, disease, the rot of corruption, bad cops, a total lack of public and traffic safety, being the laughing stock of the planet, and the continued fouling of the environment., by the heinous fools pretending to run the nation. Running it into the ground, is more like it. 

general-prayuth-and-the-coup-in-thailand-altagreer-thai.gif

• Like 1

This poll is likely correct; I think it is doubtful that Prayut will be PM after the next election, and the chances of either Prawit or Anupong becoming PM are less than zero.

Prayut's days are numbered because at root, he doesn't have a positive (at least in some eyes) issue identified with him, and a successful politician needs that. When you think of Thaksin, you think of 30 Baht Health Care. When you think of Yingluck, you think of Rice-Pledging schemes (and a variety of other, highly erotic and perhaps slightly immoral and illegal things, but let's give that a miss). When you think of Boris, you think of Brexit. When you think of Obama, you think of Obamacare. I could go on, but the point is made. When you think of Prayut, you think of a coup and that doesn't translate into support. As for Prawit and Anupong, well, what comes to mind about them? Short, fat, troll-like, criminal watch thief and... er... ah... what was that other name again?

People who attain power irregularly and remain there tend to last between 6-9 years; yes, there are exceptions to that rule of the thumb, but leaf through any world history text and you'll find it is remarkably consistent. Simply put, as they weren't elected/selected in the first place, they have a limited 'shelf-life'.

There is another element to all this; Covid. The Thai governmental response to Covid has been... er... less than satisfactory and someone needs to be blamed for that. And, that someone will be the PM on his way out the door; it is the Thai way of things. Any 'long-timer' recall the guy who was fined several trillion Baht for causing the financial meltdown in '97? The details are fuzzy in my brain this sunny Sunday, but the story is out there if anyone is interested. Prayut will be blamed and then Thais will move on.

The most interesting question is whether the next person will be 'imposed from above' or 'raised from below'. My guess is that they will try to 'impose from above', but will have to settle for 'raise from below'; let's us resume the discussion in two years.

• Like 2

That's your take on it, and you run with that. However Thais dont echo Western thinking. That's why they are a mystery to most Westerners. Doesn't matter if you're 'long term' or not. 

10 minutes ago, Poolie said:

That's your take on it, and you run with that. However Thais dont echo Western thinking. That's why they are a mystery to most Westerners. Doesn't matter if you're 'long term' or not. 

You shouldn't talk about Thais because you for sure doesn't know anything about Thais! And stop to tell others about Thais especially not Thai people what Thai people think! Because it is the opposite of your Chinese CCP brainwash propaganda, go back to China!

2 minutes ago, Stardust said:

You shouldn't talk about Thais because you for sure doesn't know anything about Thais! And stop to tell others about Thais especially not Thai people what Thai people think! Because it is the opposite of your Chinese CCP brainwash propaganda, go back to China!

Having a bad morning ? 

5 minutes ago, Stardust said:

This user was often debnked as a wumao in other forums in Thailand and as ccp chinese and non Thai he wanna teach the Thais what Thais thinks. He uses platforms for pro China and pro dictatorship propaganda and mostly with this name Poolie. He is also known for that on the Bangkok post forum and not liked especially from the Thai users there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

Having a bad morning ? 

This user is a wumao and known also about his comments against  the democracy movements in Hong Kong and pro CCp China where also said Hong Kongers nit want democracy. And now he wanna explain as a non Thai what Thais think and how Thais thinks and that Thais wanna have dictatorships. Thais not like him in other forums, too. Why he is not going back to China and bring his propaganda and brainwash there, here is not CCP China! Ask any Thai what they think of this kind of people and you will understand. 

3 hours ago, Poolie said:

But this was a Thai survey. It was the conclusion of Thais running a survey in Thailand and asking Thais. So what is your point?
As for your other comment. It’s not just some westerners who find Thais a mystery (they are not a mystery to me). Many people from Japan, South Korea and Singapore etc also find them a mystery.

Oh nearly forgot….. Have a nice evening. 

• Like 1

Just now, Soidog said:

But this was a Thai survey.

But like any Political Survey, how many have they got right over the last 5 years? 

Hmm... So 'Poolie' is a known Chinese Commie Spy, eh? I have no evidence either way, but the nature of their post suggests an attempt to cast aspersions without providing a factual basis of those aspersions; a classic technique for causing trouble and discord. Sadly, it is something that I have seen far too often on discussion Forums, this one and others, as many assert a point of view without any attempt to provide supporting evidence and/or reasoning.

Respectfully, why do people come on here to say something without actually saying much? I am eternally confused.

Nevertheless, my post (above) isn't particularly 'Eastern' or 'Western', but rather a political observation that could occur anywhere. In just about any political system where there is an adversarial element in its make-up, there is often a need to assign 'blame' for an issue to a party or individual, and I don't believe Thailand is any different in that respect than many other nations.

And, I'll stand by my belief that Prayut will be blamed for the lackluster Thai government response to Covid; as soon as he is gone and doesn't have the public 'megaphone' to defend himself, Thai politicians of all stripes will blame him in a CYA move, then stop talking about it.

Sometimes politicians are politicians are politicians are politicians; they are similar creatures no matter where they spawn.

Targeted by a Commie spy... Far Out!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Benroon said:

go back to China!

Ooh…. Sorry but you always know you have won a debate/argument when that’s the only response you can come up with. 

10 minutes ago, Soidog said:

But this was a Thai survey. It was the conclusion of Thais running a survey in Thailand and asking Thais. So what is your point?
As for your other comment. It’s not just some westerners who find Thais a mystery (they are not a mystery to me). Many people from Japan, South Korea and Singapore etc also find them a mystery.

Oh nearly forgot….. Have a nice evening. 

He is not a thai and wanna explain people with Thai family or Thais what Thais are thinking. He is a Chinese ccp keybord warrior to advertise dictatorship and maybe he should ask Thais and allover south east asia , what the majority are thinking of them . They want them out , the opposite of his propaganda!

20 minutes ago, Stardust said:

He is not a thai and wanna explain people with Thai family or Thais what Thais are thinking. He is a Chinese ccp keybord warrior to advertise dictatorship and maybe he should ask Thais and allover south east asia , what the majority are thinking of them . They want them out , the opposite of his propaganda!

Thanks for the heads up. So part of the United Front working for the CCP? It’s sad that they need to employ people to troll forums in order to gain a good reputation. Actions normally speak louder than words. 

• Like 1

I blocked Stardust because of such outbursts. They really are beneath me to refute. I really wonder why such attacks are allowed?

Enjoy your day, everyone.

3 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Hmm... So 'Poolie' is a known Chinese Commie Spy, eh? I have no evidence either way, but the nature of their post suggests an attempt to cast aspersions without providing a factual basis of those aspersions; a classic technique for causing trouble and discord. Sadly, it is something that I have seen far too often on discussion Forums, this one and others, as many assert a point of view without any attempt to provide supporting evidence and/or reasoning.

Respectfully, why do people come on here to say something without actually saying much? I am eternally confused.

Nevertheless, my post (above) isn't particularly 'Eastern' or 'Western', but rather a political observation that could occur anywhere. In just about any political system where there is an adversarial element in its make-up, there is often a need to assign 'blame' for an issue to a party or individual, and I don't believe Thailand is any different in that respect than many other nations.

And, I'll stand by my belief that Prayut will be blamed for the lackluster Thai government response to Covid; as soon as he is gone and doesn't have the public 'megaphone' to defend himself, Thai politicians of all stripes will blame him in a CYA move, then stop talking about it.

Sometimes politicians are politicians are politicians are politicians; they are similar creatures no matter where they spawn.

Targeted by a Commie spy... Far Out!

I read about him in other forum and what they wrote about him. He is also in the Bangkok Post forum and known there and his backround. You can read about him in many forums and mostly he use the same name. He was very active against the Hong Kong democracy movements and advocating the dictatorship of Ccp China. He is not an unknown!