News Forum - 2 dogs found dead in Pattaya, owner suspects poisoning

Thaiger

Just now, AlexPTY said:

there are 74 replies to the depth of 2 dogs. 132 humans died to day from COVID today, but nobody seems to care that much

I think simply people are fed up with covid stories/reports etc . Now if you had said 132 people had died after injesting anti freeze I bet you that would summon a few replies and comments.

22 hours ago, gummy said:

And if course those types neither have to treat the innocent people bitten with very uncomfortable rabies treatment nor do they talk to the parents of deceased children killed by stray dogs. Perhaps if they were asked to stay one night in a pen with fierce rabid dogs their real character would come to the fore.

We get it you don’t like dogs! However your hatred is bordering on psychotic. 

Anyone celebrating the death of an animal in agony is a prized moron IMO.  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

there are 74 replies to the depth of 2 dogs. 132 humans died to day from COVID today, but nobody seems to care that much

Bizarre, you can’t escape people wittering on about covid on here - it is covid.com! 

Just now, Benroon said:

We get it you don’t like dogs! However your hatred is bordering on psychotic. 

Anyone celebrating the death of an animal in agony is a prized moron IMO.  

Perhaps rather than insulting fellow posters, which is against forum guidelines, your time may be better spent reviewing all of the posts and understanding exactly why many if not most of our comments relate to stray dogs. 

My wife was gardening , she was down on her knees pulling some bad herbs out ... one of our dogs suddenly got excited , started barking at something near her that she did not even see ...  The dog attacked and killed a 2 meters long cobra . It saved my wife's life , but got bitten by the Cobra and died as well ...

Many people suffer from isolation, depression, and mental illness, sometimes to the point where it significantly interferes with day-to-day life. An Emotional Support Animal provides unconditional love and companionship as well as something for the person to focus on. Studies have shown that pets contribute to our well-being by helping to lower blood pressure, stress levels, and feelings of loneliness. They also encourage us to get out and exercise and can even lead to increased opportunities for socializing - people with dogs often love to chat with other 'dog people' ....

But certainly not the dog haters ...

Edited by Nobodysfriend
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nobodysfriend said:

My wife was gardening , she was down on her knees pulling some bad herbs out ... one of our dogs suddenly got excited , started barking at something near her that she did not even see ...  The dog attacked and killed a 2 meters long cobra . It saved my wife's life , but got bitten by the Cobra and died as well ...

Many people suffer from isolation, depression, and mental illness, sometimes to the point where it significantly interferes with day-to-day life. An Emotional Support Animal provides unconditional love and companionship as well as something for the person to focus on. Studies have shown that pets contribute to our well-being by helping to lower blood pressure, stress levels, and feelings of loneliness. They also encourage us to get out and exercise and can even lead to increased opportunities for socializing - people with dogs often love to chat with other 'dog people'!

Well exercise is of course good and walking a dog is excellant way of doing that if you can. Having said that I have never seen a Thai walking a dog. I have seen, when I lived in town Thais letting their dogs out of their car to take a dump on the footpath or on the beach but never on a lead for a good walk. Why is that ? Too hot, too lazy or they have no idea how to train and excercise a dog or some other reason ?

On 9/12/2021 at 12:56 PM, gummy said:

we are always reading of animals biting 

Yeah a few times of the 8.6 millions soi dogs ( that some one mentioned) is not that much I think they make more news of people killing each other of the 120,000 people in pattaya ( well I do not think it are even now that much people living there, 555) and that being said, you think they will make 8 million stories of dogs that behave good?.. iq scan is needed here be realistic 

Edited by Paco
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Paco said:

Yeah a few times of the 8.6 millions soi dogs ( that some one mentioned) is not that much I think they make more news of people killing each other of the 120,000 people in pattaya ( well I do not think it are even now that much people living there, 555) and that being said, you think they will make 8 million stories of dogs that behave good?.. iq scan is needed here be realistic 

Well I guess dogs don't report dogs killing their pals so much, unlike humans, but perhaps yours know better  😂😂

1 hour ago, Sawarot said:

The dogs ate something that had been left in a place where the dogs were obviously not allowed to go. If the dogs would have been kept on the owner's property they would not have had the opportunity to eat the poisoned meat. Surely it must be allowed to leave meatballs soaked in sweet, sweet coolant on any soi. Any dog walking around out there should be under the owner's supervision. On a leash. The dogs weren't actively poisoned. The stupid owner just put them in harm's way. 

You need help! 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, gummy said:

Perhaps rather than insulting fellow posters, which is against forum guidelines, your time may be better spent reviewing all of the posts and understanding exactly why many if not most of our comments relate to stray dogs. 

I’ve read them - the moron comment stands. 

Where’s the insult ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I’ve read them - the moron comment stands. 

Where’s the insult ? 

Trolling is similarly against forum guidelines, perhaps you should read them to.

21 minutes ago, Nobodysfriend said:

Many people suffer from isolation, depression, and mental illness, sometimes to the point where it significantly interferes with day-to-day life. An Emotional Support Animal provides unconditional love and companionship as well as something for the person to focus on. Studies have shown that pets contribute to our well-being by helping to lower blood pressure, stress levels, and feelings of loneliness. They also encourage us to get out and exercise and can even lead to increased opportunities for socializing - people with dogs often love to chat with other 'dog people' ....

But certainly not the dog haters ...

The above post in my humble opinion is the number one post of the week.

Very well put and very accurate, dogs are fantastic support animals.

My dogs certainly help me  get through the day, sitting here alone every day with only my computer, and my dogs.

Now all you dog haters, please note Bluesofa was here, came in 1 piece, left in 1 piece, yes when he arrived at the gate, the dogs barked, but when they realized he was a welcome visitor, they stopped.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

Trolling is similarly against forum guidelines, perhaps you should read them to.

Wow another reference to forum rules - it’s almost like you’re running to teacher ?! 

So for clarity, I said anyone who enjoys an animal dying in agony (rather than offer constructive comments) is a moron, I’m really struggling to see the problem with that ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Benroon said:

So get a dog then 

Are you a 2nd amendment moron? If I'm worried about all my neighbour owning weapons and that they're not particularly responsible about, why would me getting a gun help the situation?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Wow another reference to forum rules - it’s almost like you’re running to teacher ?! 

So for clarity, I said anyone who enjoys an animal dying in agony (rather than offer constructive comments) is a moron, I’m really struggling to see the problem with that ! 

"it’s almost like you’re running to teacher ?! "

If  I were a teacher, as you enquire,  then by now most certainly you would be sitting at the back of class writing 300 lines "I must be polite and unoffensive when posting on the TT forum" 😂

In Australia a few days ago a pet dog (American Staffy cross) suddenly attacked the female owner and her daughter - the injuries were massive and they are both still in hospital. A male neighbour jumped the fence and came over to help and he was also attacked and badly bitten, but is now out of hospital. The local Council apprehended and locked up the dog, and they have decided to destroy the animal, but the owners are not cooperating and refusing to give permission. Last I heard the Police were going to seek a Court Order to destroy the dog as the owners were still refusing to give their permission.

There was a recent story in Thailand whereby a dog was sleeping with its owner and it suddenly attacked him and it killed him despite the best attempts of the son to stop the dog attacking.  Last I heard the son was refusing to allow the Police to put down the dog.

My point is that some people have an extremely irrational response towards dogs being put down, even after viciously attacking them or others.  Now I myself do not in anyway condone poisoning those dogs, but the way things are in Thailand about dogs being 'controlled' (there is no control), it can be extremely bad when anyone has to deal with a neighbour's violent dog, or a soi dog that you or your kids have to get passed.  Likewise soi dogs that bark all night can be a real problem for people (sleep depravation is a form of torture), and some people snap and take matters into their own hands - because there is no way to get authorities to do anything.  I do not condone it as I said , and if someone decided to poison them because of that, then they are wrong. But the way Thais deal with violent and stray dogs is the cause of many problems with 'bad' dogs - and that is why some people resort to taking matters into their own hands.            

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well I guess dogs don't report dogs killing their pals so much, unlike humans, but perhaps yours know better  😂😂

I do not need to know better  I just plain straight forward with the reality, instead of making a whole nonsense story around it. There are much worse things in the world...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paco said:

I do not need to know better  I just plain straight forward with the reality, instead of making a whole nonsense story around it. There are much worse things in the world...

I can't think of many things much worse than an 8 month old toddler literally pulled to bits by stray dogs, but then guess it depends upon ones morals standards. What I think is bad may not neccessarily be what others think is bad.

7 minutes ago, gummy said:

I can't think of many things much worse than an 8 month old toddler literally pulled to bits by stray dogs, but then guess it depends upon ones morals standards. What I think is bad may not neccessarily be what others think is bad.

What about a pandemic? And millions die, I think is a bit worse, let's kill all Chinese now...

Edited by Paco
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sawarot said:

Why? What's wrong with my reasoning?

Why ?

Because your posts seem to indicate a ( beginning ) psychosis .

What's wrong with my reasoning?

The better question is : What is right with my reasoning ?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, gummy said:

"it’s almost like you’re running to teacher ?! "

If  I were a teacher, as you enquire,  then by now most certainly you would be sitting at the back of class writing 300 lines "I must be polite and unoffensive when posting on the TT forum" 😂

Gummy, Gummy, behave yourself, gawd if anybody should be writing 300 lines, it should be yourself.Adam Sandler Yes GIF

• Cool 1