News Forum - 2 dogs found dead in Pattaya, owner suspects poisoning

Thaiger

1 minute ago, Cathat said:

Dogs barking incessantly are a pain in the backside for anybody else who happens to live in the area.

The guy has admitted the doge were protective of the property and barked a lot.

Roughly translated the guy kept dogs that bark incessantly to keep people away from his property and it sounds like they were probably a potential danger to local elderly and children also.

It's probably a local pissed off resident who poisened them that has had enough.

Local authorities the world over seem loathed to deal with the dog menace thailand is no exception.

Ultimately people will take the law into their own hands if nothing is done and this is probably what has happened here.

The blue poison may well be neat car coolant as it is easily available.

It is easy to soak meat in coolant and dogs and cats will find it irresistible.

It is deadly poison.

By all accounts the older style green fluid is the most poisonous/effective.

Not condoning such action but would be far from the first instance of it happening.

These dogs were clearly an absolute pain for anybody else who lived nearby and something has been done about it.

Thanks for that tip, just ordered 50 litres on Lazada 😂

1 hour ago, thai3 said:

They are only faithful while you are feeding them, try not and see how you get on. Not liking the dirty things does not mean people 'hate' them. They just would prefer to be no where near them, not to hear them yapping all day, not to have them running in front of their cars or having to walk round them at shop doorways or keep the kids well away from them.

I would not entirely agree. Many dogs will remain loyal to a person or household even if starving strangely enough. They will run off if physically abused though. Many soi dogs are truly "feral" as in they are from litters  born in some quiet spot even in a city but because they are in close contact with people from day one they are not all necessarily/automatically vicious, just cautiously defensive due to the unpredictable attitude of the public. Of course it would be best if they were not there at all but unfortunately Thailand continues to ignore the issue on any realistic  basis due to ?????

• Like 3

15 hours ago, thai3 said:

Doggie lovers do make me laugh, what about all those animals you eat on a regular basis? you must think they are inferior. Calling some pets and others livestock is just an artificial distinction. Thing is dogs are a big nuisance in this country, so 2 dead ones is not even a drop in an ocean of dog mess, wee up tires or the constant barking and bites. Just had to clear up the daily mess outside our house, the owner had one dog poisoned already, not by me.

other people clearing up your mess you make, ever thought of that? only reason they bite and i saw it many times is because some idiot kick them for no reason... leave them be and they do not do anything, you got some left overs or bones give them that and a dig is your friend for life everyone knows that, it is not their fault that some idiot left them on the street or does not take them to their home... when they small people like them  and when they bigger they kick them out. either way i never call any animal a live stock... i love animals from small to big only 1 thing i kill, is a mosquito, simply because i ave had already 3 times dengue fever :)... i do not think anybody has the right to DESTROY a life because it does not fit in their daily life. but then again humans destroy everything anyway that is how we are....

• Like 3

18 hours ago, colinneil said:

There are a few sickos posting on this thread, say what you want i would rather have my dogs around me, than humans, Yes dog haters make me laugh, nothing better than a good loyal/ faithful dog, damned sight better than a lot of humans.

Come on down you haters, my dogs would love to have a chunk out of your legs.Dog Time GIF

I am with you on that one , Colin . Thank you .

To all the dog haters here , ( seem to be the majority ) , I can only say : If you do not like to see any more dogs for whatever reason , why do you not help ( donate ) Soi Dog org.?

https://www.soidog.org/

They do a very good job . Over 604000 animals on Thai streets have been neutered by them already . They do something good . And what do you moaners do ? Moaning , that is all .

Worthless , but , at least , it shows a very limited mind .

My old dog was poisoned without a reason in a thai beach restaurant , it died a slow and very painful death while I've been holding it in my arms .

Surrounded by a crowd of staring ( some smiling ) Thais , that made the ' attraction of the day ' for some .

I will never forget this .

If I ever see somebody poison a dog , there will be a bloody fight . I hate these people . I want them to eat their own poison that they find out how it is to die like this .

Shame on them and all the ugly ' talkers ' who do nothing but complaining .

What side are you on ?

A nice person that still has the ability to show some empathy to mistreated and suffering creatures ? Or just a hate spreading worthless ' keyboard warrior ' ?

( Ok , the aggressive dogs are a different story , but most have been made aggressive by humans actions ...) . They need to be treated with care , but not with poison . All dogs when still puppies are lovely and not aggressive , but continued suffering and mistreatment by humans makes them become aggressive in some cases . Not their fault that they were born in a world like this .

That is why I donate to Soi Dog every month , because they , at least , do something .

Have a nice day .

soi dog .png

Edited by Nobodysfriend
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, gummy said:

Thanks for that tip, just ordered 50 litres on Lazada 😂

I thought it was anti freeze that worked, never knew coolent does as well, what's the active chemical in it?

8 minutes ago, Nobodysfriend said:

I am with you on that one , Colin . Thank you .

To all the dog haters here , ( seem to be the majority ) , I can only say : If you do not like to see any more dogs for whatever reason , why do you not help ( donate ) Soi Dog org.?

https://www.soidog.org/

They do a very good job . Over 604000 animals on Thai streets have been neutered by them already . They do something good . And what do you moaners do ? Moaning , that is all .

Worthless , but , at least , it shows a very limited mind .

My old dog was poisoned without a reason in a thai beach restaurant , it died a slow and very painful death while I've been holding it in my arms .

Surrounded by a crowd of staring ( some smiling ) Thais , that made the ' attraction of the day ' for some .

I will never forget this .

If I ever see somebody poison a dog , there will be a bloody fight . I hate these people . I want them to eat their own poison that they find out how it is to die like this .

Shame on them and all the ugly ' talkers ' who do nothing but complaining .

What side are you on ?

A nice person that still has the ability to show some empathy to mistreated and suffering creatures , ( ok , the aggressive dogs are a different story , but most have been made aggressive by humans actions ...) . They need to be treated with care , but not with poison . All dogs when still puppies are lovely and not aggressive , but continued suffering and mistreatment by humans makes them become aggressive in some cases . Not their fault that they were born in a world like this .

That is why I donate to Soi Dog every month , because they , at least , do something .

Have a nice day .

soi dog .png

All soi dog charities have done has not solved the problem but just slowed down the population growth of strays a little. They are something doggie lovers always bring up as if it some how presents a solution to millions of street dogs living in misery and being a national pest problem, they don't. While they are sterilizing a few thousand a few thousand more are being born, it's just treading water. Then the dogs they deal with are still a health threat, still bark, crap and bite unless they are adopted and very few are. If they were going around shooting as many strays as they could I would be the first to donate, sadly this is not the case.

1 minute ago, thai3 said:

All soi dog charities have done has not solved the problem but just slowed down the population growth of strays a little. They are something doggie lovers always bring up as if it some how presents a solution to millions of street dogs living in misery and being a national pest problem, they don't. While they are sterilizing a few thousand a few thousand more are being born, it's just treading water. Then the dogs they deal with are still a health threat, still bark, crap and bite unless they are adopted and very few are. If they were going around shooting as many strays as they could I would be the first to donate, sadly this is not the case.

So , you would only help them if they shoot all the dogs ?

Not for what they are doing ( neutering and helping to find new owners ) ?

Best is to do nothing but complaining , right ?

Too simple .

• Like 2

And to the ones who like to tell how to poison a dog ( Coolant etc ) , you better be careful . Poisoning dogs is against the law in Thailand . ( Bravo Thailand ! ) If you ever decide to do something that is forbidden by law . you take the risk of being punished accordingly . I would surely help that this happens if I ever witness such behavior .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nobodysfriend said:

So , you would only help them if they shoot all the dogs ?

Not for what they are doing ( neutering and helping to find new owners ) ?

Best is to do nothing but complaining , right ?

Too simple .

There is no chance of them doing anything effective like exterminating them, neutering a few is just weeing in the wind. Best is not to feed them and not to give to doggie charities, they are a band aid on an vast open sore. This place will always be third world while they refuse to deal with millions of stray dogs infesting the country.

Best way to get rid of a problem of millions of dogs is to get rid of billions of people. Not poison them, shoot them or otherwise kill them, that would be cruel. Just mass sterilization at birth. Problem. Solved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Best way to get rid of a problem of millions of dogs is to get rid of billions of people. Not poison them, shoot them or otherwise kill them, that would be cruel. Just mass sterilization at birth. Problem. Solved.

Pacha Mama is already working on this .

If this Virus does not finish it's job , another more lethal virus , or the effects of climate change will ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nobodysfriend said:

And to the ones who like to tell how to poison a dog ( Coolant etc ) , you better be careful . Poisoning dogs is against the law in Thailand . ( Bravo Thailand ! ) If you ever decide to do something that is forbidden by law . you take the risk of being punished accordingly . I would surely help that this happens if I ever witness such behavior .

Lots of stupid laws make things illegal, that does not make the law right, prostitution is illegal, how about reporting a few of them? Thailand might protect doggies but that has nothing to do with the dogs or Buddhism, it's for a reason we cannot even mention, that is how repressive and backward this country is. The law does protect doggies, what about fighting fish and chickens killed for sport and gambling, the ill treatment of livestock and cruel slaughtering. Animals are even mis treated in Wat's with releasing birds and turtles to 'make a merit' nonsense. Thailand has given the yappers a special status for a special reason, that has resulted in an enormous growth in strays which is only getting worse, despite the doggie do gooders.

14 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Lots of stupid laws make things illegal, that does not make the law right, prostitution is illegal, how about reporting a few of them? Thailand might protect doggies but that has nothing to do with the dogs or Buddhism, it's for a reason we cannot even mention, that is how repressive and backward this country is. The law does protect doggies, what about fighting fish and chickens killed for sport and gambling, the ill treatment of livestock and cruel slaughtering. Animals are even mis treated in Wat's with releasing birds and turtles to 'make a merit' nonsense. Thailand has given the yappers a special status for a special reason, that has resulted in an enormous growth in strays which is only getting worse, despite the doggie do gooders.

And it is never those "do-gooders" who catch rabies or have their child mauled to death or suffer disfiguring injuries whilst sitting in the stroller is it ? It's amazzing how dogs and hypocrites gain so much attention.

Dogs are ultimately predators, they should be kept within a fence or on a leash. To let dogs run around freely on sois and beaches is stupid and dangerous on so many levels. And, to demand safety for people doesn't mean one is a dog hater.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Dogs are ultimately predators, they should be kept within a fence or on a leash. To let dogs run around freely on sois and beaches is stupid and dangerous on so many levels. And, to demand safety for people doesn't mean one is a dog hater.

Agree with you 100 per cent mate, my dogs are kept inside a secure 2mtr high fence, never allowed outside.

Regarding safety for people, my dogs are chained if/ when anybody comes inside, as 1 of them will bite.

The male dog i have will not allow anybody, other than my wife near my wheelchair, he is guarding me.

Bloody sickening seeing dogs running lose around the village, some owners here never bother to feed their dogs, leave them to find food where ever they can.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, thai3 said:

They are only faithful while you are feeding them, try not and see how you get on. Not liking the dirty things does not mean people 'hate' them. They just would prefer to be no where near them, not to hear them yapping all day, not to have them running in front of their cars or having to walk round them at shop doorways or keep the kids well away from them.

a bit like a thai wife ? at least a dog is friends for life

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

"The locals say motorcycle thieves may have killed the dogs to prevent them from barking and alerting the owners to their motorcycles being stolen."

I think we can scrap that theory, I've yet to see any thief here who's able to plan ahead.

My dog was poisoned in order to steal my motorbike over 30 years ago. It does happen. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Paco said:

What if there is an inferior race and say that we are disgusting?? I remember a foreigner having 2 dogs he poisoned 2 street dogs that did not do anything besides being nice and protecting the village better then the sleeping guard.. I think that is disgusting, because you do not like them you kill them..?? STUPID SELFISH BEHAVIOR 

Dogs do not belong on public property. They are a menace causing much damage to people and property. 

https://www.facebook.com/DogAttacksThailand/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paco said:

other people clearing up your mess you make, ever thought of that? only reason they bite and i saw it many times is because some idiot kick them for no reason... leave them be and they do not do anything, you got some left overs or bones give them that and a dig is your friend for life everyone knows that, it is not their fault that some idiot left them on the street or does not take them to their home... when they small people like them  and when they bigger they kick them out. either way i never call any animal a live stock... i love animals from small to big only 1 thing i kill, is a mosquito, simply because i ave had already 3 times dengue fever :)... i do not think anybody has the right to DESTROY a life because it does not fit in their daily life. but then again humans destroy everything anyway that is how we are....

I have pet dogs living near me that will chase walking or riding neighbours when they are let out for a poop (the dog not the neighbour). City hall have visited and instructed dog owner not to let dogs out but it continues. 

Edited by Kes
  • Haha 1

Did the owner ever think of keeping the dogs contained within their yard instead of letting them roam?  I love dogs and would never favor positioning them but if you own a dog it is your responsibility to make sure they are safe and that they don't create a nuisance for other people.  We have one dog that a neighbor picked up on the street and after it grew up, they didn't want it anymore.  Now it roams the village both looking for food and defecating throughout the village.  

5 minutes ago, Paco said:

I agree  but is no reason to kill them, is a lame excuse

I don't think the parents of the dead or severely maimed children attacked by dogs would agree. 

Pitbul and Labrador alone in front of the house. Danger for other people! Nobody cares.

I live in Nonprue. Everywhere Dogs. Stray dogs in the village.  No sterilisation. Neighbor have about 15 dogs.  Holing dogs. Never can go out. Shiting in the property. ????

Nogprue don't cares. Waiting until something happens and the blame the wrong people.

To Dog owners; do you think the dogs are happy. Is this ok for you?

15 minutes ago, Train said:

Pitbul and Labrador alone in front of the house. Danger for other people! Nobody cares.

I live in Nonprue. Everywhere Dogs. Stray dogs in the village.  No sterilisation. Neighbor have about 15 dogs.  Holing dogs. Never can go out. Shiting in the property. ????

Nogprue don't cares. Waiting until something happens and the blame the wrong people.

To Dog owners; do you think the dogs are happy. Is this ok for you?

That's the owners fault, not the dog's.

• Like 3