News Forum - 2 dogs found dead in Pattaya, owner suspects poisoning

Thaiger

2 dogs have been discovered dead in Pattaya, a city in Chon Buri. The owner of the dogs suspects they were poisoned. The dogs, a golden Labrador about 8 months old, and a pit bull about 5 months old were found dead in front of a house in Nongprue. Residents discovered the dogs foaming at their mouths and seemingly immobile. The same residents that found the dogs say they also found a bag full of bluish chemicals and fresh meat close by. 21 year old Nawin Pmee Khun, the dog’s owner and local boxer, lodged a formal complaint with police […]

The post 2 dogs found dead in Pattaya, owner suspects poisoning appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"The locals say motorcycle thieves may have killed the dogs to prevent them from barking and alerting the owners to their motorcycles being stolen."

I think we can scrap that theory, I've yet to see any thief here who's able to plan ahead.

Edited by DoUKnowWhoIAm
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Dead dogs?

This ranks right up there with "Shocked Monkey Falls".

Slow news day, eh?

If the dog killers used 6 plastic bags, it would've made the story much more interesting, with the Paw Patrol as major suspects.

10 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Dead dogs?

This ranks right up there with "Shocked Monkey Falls".

Slow news day, eh?

yep, just a 100,000 more to go

Clearly the people who saw the dogs foaming at the mouth, had no idea how to help the poor dogs.

As HolycowCm says i had the same problem on more than 1 occasion. When seeing a dog in that situation, get salt/ water, or baking soda/ water, i use a BIG syringe, get the dog force the solution down the dogs throat, dog will throw up, dog will then lie down for 2/3 hours, then slowly regain its strength.

Before anybody starts, yes it does work, i have saved my dogs on 3 different occasions

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Oh dear, what a pity, never mind, one more dead Pit bull is a good result, despite the idiots who own one trying to convince us they would not hurt a fly etc.

5 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Oh dear, what a pity, never mind, one more dead Pit bull is a good result, despite the idiots who own one trying to convince us they would not hurt a fly etc.

Oooooo....well he has never savaged a child before......did the child make any sudden movements perhaps?

37 minutes ago, gummy said:

yep, just a 100,000 more to go

be careful what you eat tonite,the missus might add some spices in your meal,karma does go around ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, harry1 said:

be careful what you eat tonite,the missus might add some spices in your meal,karma does go around ??

Karma unfortunately is a myth for the simple minded

46 minutes ago, harry1 said:

So just  trolling are we ?

51 minutes ago, Will.B.Good said:

Estimated to be 8.6 million soi dogs......mental!!!

Disgusting. Many carry rabies which endangers humans just apart from the filth of their excrement on the sois and we are always reading of animals biting 

40 minutes ago, gummy said:

Disgusting. Many carry rabies which endangers humans just apart from the filth of their excrement on the sois and we are always reading of animals biting 

What if there is an inferior race and say that we are disgusting?? I remember a foreigner having 2 dogs he poisoned 2 street dogs that did not do anything besides being nice and protecting the village better then the sleeping guard.. I think that is disgusting, because you do not like them you kill them..?? STUPID SELFISH BEHAVIOR 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Paco said:

What if there is an inferior race and say that we are disgusting?? I remember a foreigner having 2 dogs he poisoned 2 street dogs that did not do anything besides being nice and protecting the village better then the sleeping guard.. I think that is disgusting, because you do not like them you kill them..?? STUPID SELFISH BEHAVIOR 

Doggie lovers do make me laugh, what about all those animals you eat on a regular basis? you must think they are inferior. Calling some pets and others livestock is just an artificial distinction. Thing is dogs are a big nuisance in this country, so 2 dead ones is not even a drop in an ocean of dog mess, wee up tires or the constant barking and bites. Just had to clear up the daily mess outside our house, the owner had one dog poisoned already, not by me.

4 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Doggie lovers do make me laugh, what about all those animals you eat on a regular basis? you must think they are inferior. Calling some pets and others livestock is just an artificial distinction. Thing is dogs are a big nuisance in this country, so 2 dead ones is not even a drop in an ocean of dog mess, wee up tires or the constant barking and bites. Just had to clear up the daily mess outside our house, the owner had one dog poisoned already, not by me.

And if course those types neither have to treat the innocent people bitten with very uncomfortable rabies treatment nor do they talk to the parents of deceased children killed by stray dogs. Perhaps if they were asked to stay one night in a pen with fierce rabid dogs their real character would come to the fore.

There are a few sickos posting on this thread, say what you want i would rather have my dogs around me, than humans, Yes dog haters make me laugh, nothing better than a good loyal/ faithful dog, damned sight better than a lot of humans.

Come on down you haters, my dogs would love to have a chunk out of your legs.Dog Time GIF

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

There are a few sickos posting on this thread, say what you want i would rather have my dogs around me, than humans, Yes dog haters make me laugh, nothing better than a good loyal/ faithful dog, damned sight better than a lot of humans.

That should save me a visit then...

• Cool 1

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Clearly the people who saw the dogs foaming at the mouth, had no idea how to help the poor dogs.

As HolycowCm says i had the same problem on more than 1 occasion. When seeing a dog in that situation, get salt/ water, or baking soda/ water, i use a BIG syringe, get the dog force the solution down the dogs throat, dog will throw up, dog will then lie down for 2/3 hours, then slowly regain its strength.

Before anybody starts, yes it does work, i have saved my dogs on 3 different occasions

If you were convinced the dogs were showing symptoms of poisoning then I say "well done".

The only dog I have seen foaming at the  mouth was one in a small pack that was later confirmed to have rabies.

It and  4 others were rounded up, shot  and cremated. All were roaming strays that constantly menaced many people.

I like dogs...the ones that are cared for, fed properly, and trained to not be uncontrollably aggressive.

Sadly pit bull and mixed breeds with any significant amount of pit bull breeding are renowned to have an unpredictable nature which has been demonstrated time and time again despite good previous behavior .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Come on down you haters, my dogs would love to have a chunk out of your legs.Dog Time GIF

They are only faithful while you are feeding them, try not and see how you get on. Not liking the dirty things does not mean people 'hate' them. They just would prefer to be no where near them, not to hear them yapping all day, not to have them running in front of their cars or having to walk round them at shop doorways or keep the kids well away from them.

Edited by thai3

17 minutes ago, thai3 said:

They are only faithful while you are feeding them, try not and see how you get on. Not liking the dirty things does not mean people 'hate' them. They just would prefer to be no where near them, not to hear them yapping all day, not to have them running in front of their cars or having to walk round them at shop doorways or keep the kids well away from them.

There is a huge difference between stray dogs and those looked after and trained properly by an owner as a pet. I have lived in a good few places here and I have yet to find a Thai who cares and trains their dog correctly or at least what would be considered normal in the West. There are foreigners here of course who care and look after them.  As you say a hungry dog will revert to natures intent,and they also hunt in packs and that's the problem with strays or those uncared for properly.

Dogs barking incessantly are a pain in the backside for anybody else who happens to live in the area.

The guy has admitted the doge were protective of the property and barked a lot.

Roughly translated the guy kept dogs that bark incessantly to keep people away from his property and it sounds like they were probably a potential danger to local elderly and children also.

It's probably a local pissed off resident who poisened them that has had enough.

Local authorities the world over seem loathed to deal with the dog menace thailand is no exception.

Ultimately people will take the law into their own hands if nothing is done and this is probably what has happened here.

The blue poison may well be neat car coolant as it is easily available.

It is easy to soak meat in coolant and dogs and cats will find it irresistible.

It is deadly poison.

By all accounts the older style green fluid is the most poisonous/effective.

Not condoning such action but would be far from the first instance of it happening.

These dogs were clearly an absolute pain for anybody else who lived nearby and something has been done about it.

• Like 2