News Forum - 48 arrested at Covid-19 violating luxury Koh Samui birthday party

Thaiger

Yet another illegal gathering, a party on Koh Samui, was busted by police for breaking the Covid-19 emergency restrictions. Early this morning, police raided Maithy Pool Lounge & Restaurant at a luxury resort in the hills behind Bangrak on the northeast corner of the island and arrested 48 people having a birthday party in defiance of Covid-19 rules. 27 foreigners – 6 women and 21 men – were arrested at the Samui party, as well as 3 Thai men and 18 Thai women. Police were tipped off that the venue, part of a resort and luxury residential neighborhood, was organising […]

The post 48 arrested at Covid-19 violating luxury Koh Samui birthday party appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

26 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

27 foreigners – 6 women and 21 men

i see Samui has the same ratio as Hua Hin. 

actually after looking at this place on google maps i think i will put it on my next places to go list. 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Maithy+Pool+Lounge+%26+Restaurant/@9.5677685,100.0652733,18z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x3054f19333528e19:0x172d1499ff1f7f50!2sMaithy+Pool+Lounge+%26+Restaurant!8m2!3d9.566442!4d100.0655645!3m4!1s0x3054f19333528e19:0x172d1499ff1f7f50!8m2!3d9.566442!4d100.0655645

• Like 2

The sheer arrogance of these people beggars belief. 

It's time to make a example of them, everyone at this party breaking covid restrictions should be fined the maximum amount And be sentenced to the maximum two years in prison, this should come with the warning that from now on this is going to be the sentence for anyone and everyone breaking the restrictions. 

Ffs it's not as if they don't know the rules and regulations concerning Covid. 

Finally anyone at this gathering who tests positive for covid should be given a extra 6 months prison to run consecutively charged with endangering human life. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

14 minutes ago, Greeneyes said:

It's time to make a example of them, everyone at this party breaking covid restrictions should be fined the maximum amount And be sentenced to the maximum two years in prison, this should come with the warning that from now on this is going to be the sentence for anyone and everyone breaking the restrictions. 

Finally anyone at this gathering who tests positive for covid should be given a extra 6 months prison to run consecutively charged with endangering human life. 

If you sent them to jail they probably would all be testing positive very soon 

• Like 3

"Lamborghini villa" makes perfect sense as a ridiculous hiso name. But I don't understand Appel bar and Bamboo restaurant? Why not like The Golden Benz Bar and  VIP Celebrity Super Car Restaurant?

• Like 1

These stories do wonders for Thailand’s tourism [sarcasm]…

Thailand needs to make a choice: open for tourism or choose an industry other than tourism to make up almost 20% of it’s GDP.  But they can’t do both.  Phuket’s 2 month abysmal total of 28,000 visitors proves that point. 

• Like 1

The stupid rule of not serving alcohol is just insane rule, restaurants make their money on that, and it is completely ridiculous who ever made that rule... such restrictions are of no use besides irritating business owners and clients not coming.. but they do need to pay their alcohol license right? Once again ripoff and stupid

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Yet another illegal gathering, a party on Koh Samui, was busted by police for breaking the Covid-19 emergency restrictions. Early this morning, police raided Maithy Pool Lounge & Restaurant at a luxury resort in the hills behind Bangrak on the northeast corner of the island and arrested 48 people having a birthday party in defiance of Covid-19 rules. 27 foreigners – 6 women and 21 men – were arrested at the Samui party, as well as 3 Thai men and 18 Thai women. Police were tipped off that the venue, part of a resort and luxury residential neighborhood, was organising […]

The post 48 arrested at Covid-19 violating luxury Koh Samui birthday party appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

That is incorrect. Fines and punishments are ALWAYS enforced after arrest for breaking covid lockdown rules. For the foreigners awaits a fine, some time in prison and finally deportation. Thai nationals will receive the same punishment but no deportation of course. 

Please note that foreigners have to wait in prison before all paperwork is done for deportation, this can take between 10 days and several months, depending on their nationality / embassy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greeneyes said:

All foreigners will be deported, pay a fine and will spend time in jail. That has been the case for every arrest made the last 1,5 year since the lockdown began. I hope you are happy now. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SamuiResident said:

That is incorrect. Fines and punishments are ALWAYS enforced after arrest for breaking covid lockdown rules. For the foreigners awaits a fine, some time in prison and finally deportation. Thai nationals will receive the same punishment but no deportation of course. 

Please note that foreigners have to wait in prison before all paperwork is done for deportation, this can take between 10 days and several months, depending on their nationality / embassy. 

1 hour ago, SamuiResident said:

All foreigners will be deported, pay a fine and will spend time in jail. That has been the case for every arrest made the last 1,5 year since the lockdown began. I hope you are happy now. 

Any evidence for that?

Apart from a very few cases (maybe two) I can't think of any reports of people being imprisoned and foreigners deported, far less "for every arrest made".

If it's happened "every" time it's odd this hasn't been reported, unless you're being sarcastic.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Greeneyes said:

the opening of your mouth beggars belief.  you need to look up the word idiot in oxford dictionary and decide for yourself.   

6 hours ago, Greeneyes said:

They would have loved you back in Germany, you would have made the perfect Geheime Staatspolizei !

8 hours ago, Paco said:

The stupid rule of not serving alcohol is just insane rule, restaurants make their money on that, and it is completely ridiculous who ever made that rule... such restrictions are of no use besides irritating business owners and clients not coming.. but they do need to pay their alcohol license right? Once again ripoff and stupid

I'm sure the thinking behind the rule is that people who have been drinking will let their defences down regarding social distancing and covid precautions generally, as no one will be wearing a mask.

I went to a new year party at a small cafe. A friend and I were there early on and sat not too close together. Two hours later more people arrived and began moving closer together after a few drinks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

I'm sure the thinking behind the rule is that people who have been drinking will let their defences down regarding social distancing and covid precautions generally, as no one will be wearing a mask.

I went to a new year party at a small cafe. A friend and I were there early on and sat not too close together. Two hours later more people arrived and began moving closer together after a few drinks.

I know what you mean and in my younger days attending parties where many people arrived it was not unusual to end up on top of someone 😄

Seems like a tourist province submits a plan to reopen and immediately drawers attention to its self with illegal parties.

These provinces expect extra vaccine allocation to be able to open but flout the rules the rest of us are stuck with for the time being. It will be another excuse to highlight "Dirty Farangs" and how we are a bad influence on others.

1 minute ago, gazmo16 said:

Seems like a tourist province submits a plan to reopen and immediately drawers attention to its self with illegal parties.

These provinces expect extra vaccine allocation to be able to open but flout the rules the rest of us are stuck with for the time being. It will be another excuse to highlight "Dirty Farangs" and how we are a bad influence on others.

Ah yes, you must be thinking of A-Nut-In here who was photographed a few month ago taking his staff out to celebrate. He wasn't wearing a mask.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

People do that anyway, is bullocks

13 hours ago, Paco said:

I totally agree, but to be fair anyone drinking alcohol at these places will be doing so at their own risk. I personally know bar owners that always bought beer in bulk for larger discounts. Most of the beer bought is out of date so the owners are going to lose a lot of money. Most people at these illegal parties probably wouldn’t care how old the beer is though. 

2 hours ago, Philly said:

I totally agree, but to be fair anyone drinking alcohol at these places will be doing so at their own risk. I personally know bar owners that always bought beer in bulk for larger discounts. Most of the beer bought is out of date so the owners are going to lose a lot of money. Most people at these illegal parties probably wouldn’t care how old the beer is though. 

I just think is insane, people sometimes want to relax and drink and nice beer in the afternoon looking at whatever us in front of them... same thing with not able to buy alcohol between 2 and 5.. stupid, all these brainless ,useless things. A while ago they did not even wanted to sell me alcohol free beer, I had to explain it, because the dude did not even know his own job, happy there was another employee that had this knowledge

16 hours ago, SamuiResident said:

COVID-19: Six Britons among 89 foreigners fined for breaking coronavirus rules at Thai party | World News | Sky News

Wrong wrong wrong.. I'm happy if your happy being proved wrong AGAIN AND AGAIN 

For the party goers who didn't get the email/txt/facebook alert/news (all on your phone).....parties in the middle of a pandemic aren't cool...hip..happening...they're stupid! And there is absolutely ZERO support for being an imbecile right now. Instead of partying, get vaccinated. For the rest of us, I apologise for this complete lack of consideration of these people for the rest of the people who are following the health directives. I apologise because these idiots won't!!!

• Thanks 1

I can only hope that these idiots are named and shamed! So many have sacrificed so much so that there can be a light at the end of the tunnel! Get with the program or spend some time in jail to contemplate!

• Cool 1