On the bike at last

Bluesofa

On 9/18/2021 at 8:38 AM, Faraday said:

A guess, 3 months before you can be as you were.

Are you doing any other back strengthening exercises, or tendon stretching?

IMG_20211022_122406.jpg

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Bluesofa... It's now 3 months on from your 1st 'back in the saddle' ride.. Hows it going?  I was laid up for over a year when I dislocated my leg out of the knee joint.. when I did get back on my mountain bike, and DID get the strength back into my almost wasted legs I thought I was back to how I was before.. Alas no, it was my sense of balance that had taken a big hit.. Even now I struggle to keep on narrow trails.. how abouit you..??

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tanuki said:

Bluesofa... It's now 3 months on from your 1st 'back in the saddle' ride.. Hows it going?  I was laid up for over a year when I dislocated my leg out of the knee joint.. when I did get back on my mountain bike, and DID get the strength back into my almost wasted legs I thought I was back to how I was before.. Alas no, it was my sense of balance that had taken a big hit.. Even now I struggle to keep on narrow trails.. how abouit you..??

I'm fine now thanks. I was very lucky after a spinal injury.

In fact last Sunday I did my now two yearly trip: Udon>Nong Khai> Udon.
I cycle from home, to the friendship bridge and straight back again.
It's 122km, took me five hours forty-four minutes. Forty minutes slower than two years and four years ago.

Apparently I'm getting old, but I can't see it myself. Not too bad for a sixty-three-year-old I suppose.