2021 PDC World Cup of Darts

BigHewer

Anyone out there following the ongoing World Cup of darts? 

Defending champions Wales looking strong, England there and about as always. My tip: The Netherlands.

Round of 16 ties (all to be played on September 11th):

England vs South Africa

Germany vs Japan 

Belgium vs Austria

Northern Ireland vs Portugal

Wales vs Lithuania

Australia vs USA

Netherlands vs Singapore

Scotland vs Poland

Quarter Finals (to be played on September 12th, 7pm Thai time):

England vs Germany

Austria vs Northern Ireland

Wales vs Australia

Netherlands vs Scotland

Some interesting ties here. England and Northern Ireland both looking dominant last night, the pick of the teams. The Aussies are the only non-European team left and surprise packets Austria the only unseeded team remaining. I still like the Netherlands for the title but it’s going to be interesting.

• Like 1

Cheers Scotland to the win :)

There was a great day yesterday to watch the games ,really cool that Austria came to the final by win over England in the semi final,but a little disappointed that Wales didn't make it to the final and Gerwyn had a 9 darter chance in the semi ,anyway great darts there were.

Let's wait for the next telly show ,which one it is i don't know now ,anyone ?

Off for work now :(

• Like 2

For sure, fair play to Scotland, a great win for them. Austria did really well, actually beating Northern Ireland and England en route to the final. Was hoping they’d take it out.

The final leg was a real cliffhanger. Sulkovic played some great pressure darts to keep it alive. 

• Like 2

MVG won the final over Fallon Sherrock 11-7 , very cool to see Sherrock reach the final by wo (elbow injury ) over Gerwyn P. in the quarter final and with a win over Dimitry van den berg in the semi .

Can't wait til next tournament ;)

• Like 1

yesterday the dartseries started in sweden ,i played 2 matches won 1 doublematch and played good and after i played a single game and started throwing like it was the first time i was playing darts ,lol  lost 3-1 😟

i have met the guy a couple of times before and always won with 3-0 

well well can't wait til next week ,then i hope i can play good 

On 9/23/2021 at 2:40 AM, Slacker77 said:

and after i played a single game and started throwing like it was the first time i was playing darts ,lol 

This happens to me every time I play darts. 🙈

Hahahaa, the season 2019 i played really good ,but haven't been any darts cause the pandemic so guess i have to stand up in my room and practice alot of hours  ,tuesday new match again , new chances to win ;)   

cheers 

16 hours ago, Slacker77 said:

Hahahaa, the season 2019 i played really good ,but haven't been any darts cause the pandemic so guess i have to stand up in my room and practice alot of hours  ,tuesday new match again , new chances to win ;)   

cheers 

Speaking of home darts, here’s my set up in my garage. If you zoom in, you’ll see the board is very clean, especially around the triple 20 and the bull, as not many darts land there :)

Good luck on Tuesday 

175B4498-1AA2-46D6-9409-3B4A3953281C.jpeg

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

How many of your pals use to stick them into your Newcastle United banner ? 😂

Actually the Gamba Osaka banner on the far left gets a lot more attention, since I’m in the heart of Cerezo Osaka territory 😂.

No such trouble for the BVB banner on the right ;)

6 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Speaking of home darts, here’s my set up in my garage. If you zoom in, you’ll see the board is very clean, especially around the triple 20 and the bull, as not many darts land there :)

Good luck on Tuesday 

175B4498-1AA2-46D6-9409-3B4A3953281C.jpeg

Yeaaah great garage BigHewer,are you sure the bullseye is on 173 cm on your board looks abit low to me ;)

And thanks for good luck for Tuesday's game ,i'll let you know the result,now time for some footie Southampton Wolves :)

11 hours ago, Slacker77 said:

Yeaaah great garage BigHewer,are you sure the bullseye is on 173 cm on your board looks abit low to me ;)

It’s an optical illusion :) It looks lower with the scoring screen above the board taken down.

I actually had a national team player measure it up and place the bull. But still, let me find that tape measure…

• Like 1