News Forum - Covid-19 AFTERNOON UPDATE Saturday: provincial totals

Thaiger

Covid-19 infections and deaths have been fairly consistent over the past week but today’s 253 deaths reported over the last 24 hours is a disappointing jump from the 189 deaths reported yesterday. The number of daily Covid-19 infections remained steadily around the 15,000 mark for more than a week, with the past 24 hours seeing 15,191 infections. 726 of those reported infections were from prisons in Thailand. Meanwhile, 18,721 patients were released from care in hospitals, field hospitals and other medical facilities, continuing the positive trend of having more people recovering from Covid-19 each day than are being infected. This […]

The post Covid-19 AFTERNOON UPDATE Saturday: provincial totals appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Chiang Mai the most infected"

I remember the very sucessful drones spraying Molasses to counter airpolution, maybe they could do something similar, with desinfectant?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

"Chiang Mai the most infected"

I remember the very sucessful drones spraying Molasses to counter airpolution, maybe they could do something similar, with desinfectant?

Oh goody CM is down from yesterday from the factory and the market cluster in San Sai with the factory having 31. These numbers have to seriously be BS and have to be way way more than that. I even read CM airport had 75 but it didn't say actually when.

• Like 1

Just now, AlexPTY said:

Cases stable, death go up. You cannot hide deaths, can you? 

Worrying but I think they can.

Just follow the Chinese method of reporting case numbers and deaths.

4 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

India did to the tune of 3.5 million. 

That hiding bodies - rumour is about as truthful as gun shot victims (all two of them per year, now supposedly dozens of people) lining up outside an Oklahoma rural hospital, wearing winter clothes in August, because Ivermectin overdose cases supposedly are overwhelming the said hospital! 🤣

43 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

That hiding bodies - rumour is about as truthful as gun shot victims (all two of them per year, now supposedly dozens of people) lining up outside an Oklahoma rural hospital, wearing winter clothes in August, because Ivermectin overdose cases supposedly are overwhelming the said hospital! 🤣

Take your pick. But probably all fake news. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-57888460

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/07/20/1018438334/indias-pandemic-death-toll-estimated-at-about-4-million-10-times-the-official-co

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/2151907/indias-covid-deaths-10-times-higher-than-reported-study

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Take your pick. But probably all fake news. 

Remember. … for news sites, stations etc … if it bleeds it leads. They have to make a profit somehow to keep themselves alive, and relevant. They don’t care how much truth is in the story …. Just like movies, based on a true story ie based. They only make it for entertainment and to sell bums on seats or advertising. They don’t care if a large portion is fake or not. By the time they are found out they have made their money.

20 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Remember. … for news sites, stations etc … if it bleeds it leads. They have to make a profit somehow to keep themselves alive, and relevant. They don’t care how much truth is in the story …. Just like movies, based on a true story ie based. They only make it for entertainment and to sell bums on seats or advertising. They don’t care if a large portion is fake or not. By the time they are found out they have made their money.

Like many things, but there might be some truth or merit in it. What is I own is something is massively wrong on the number count

8 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Like many things

But so hard to decide. Or find out. Especially if we have to rely on google or Wikipedia.

Discussions like this right or wrong provide enlightenment to all parties. Well I know I definitely have learnt something new.

2 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

But so hard to decide. Or find out. Especially if we have to rely on google or Wikipedia.

Discussions like this right or wrong provide enlightenment to all parties. Well I know I definitely have learnt something new.

Did you know that coca cola was originally green?

4 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Did you know that coca cola was originally green?

I’m envious to find out. But you can get green Fanta that is owned by Coca Cola.

Just now, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

I’m envious to find out. But you can get green Fanta that is owned by Coca Cola.

No, really. It was originally green from the leaves.

You keep learning new things today 🤣

• Haha 1

Does anyone think that Thailand  might be in a similar position as India was in a couple of months or so ago?

As I recall, the deaths there got so bad, they were running out of fire wood to do cremations, and bodies were left floating down the Gangees.

Poor devil's, they were totally unprepared and got swamped.

India couldn't hide it.

Anyone see any similarities?

No, they won't float all the way to the Ganges...

But on a serious point, if the country opens up without high degree of vaccination, we will see something similar to Songkran again. It's not that foreigners bring the virus here, it's simply people moving the virus around the country, spreading it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Oh... great...

🤬

Poor bob …. You’ll have to stay away from the Bangkok Post in the Evening. May make sleeping a bit less easygoing ….. 

53 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Do The Spirits like green Fanta? I've only see red on the spirit houses.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Poor bob …. You’ll have to stay away from the Bangkok Post in the Evening. May make sleeping a bit less easygoing ….. 

Oh, I'll sleep fine 😴 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

No, they won't float all the way to the Ganges...

But on a serious point, if the country opens up without high degree of vaccination, we will see something similar to Songkran again. It's not that foreigners bring the virus here, it's simply people moving the virus around the country, spreading it.

I agree Bob.🙂