News Forum - Hua Hin reopening could hurt bigger domestic tourism market

Thaiger

With Covid-19 restrictions being eased a bit and allowing for some domestic movement, Hua Hin has seen an influx of Thai domestic travellers coming for a much-needed holiday. The seaside town in Prachuap Khiri Khan province is seeing a boom but the Vice President of the Thai Hotels Association is advising that the planned reopening for foreigners may do more harm than good and advised delaying the Hua Hin Sandbox-style reopening. The Hua Hin Recharge was planned for October 1, and the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration will consider green-lighting the programme soon. But Hua Hin has always been a […]

The post Hua Hin reopening could hurt bigger domestic tourism market appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Typical xenophobic reaction. Dirty Farangs not welcome here! But it is Thai people who are dirty because the idiots in government cannot get the vaccination programme organised. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pompies said:

Typical xenophobic reaction. Dirty Farangs not welcome here! But it is Thai people who are dirty because the idiots in government cannot get the vaccination programme organised. 

Nobody is dirty and just because a moron like Anutin spouts it does not make it right for us to counter by saying Thais are dirty either.  Covid has no boundaries as to whom it may affect. But you are right in saying that the government could not get the vaccination program organised. Or at least up untill recently, but to be fair there has been significant country wide progress made over the last few months so hopefully this time next year Foreigners and Thais alike  can be in a much more normal position.

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Vice President of the Thai Hotels Association is advising that the planned reopening for foreigners may do more harm than good

Predictions for the schedule the THA suggested hopes to see 1 billion baht a month generated by the Thai domestic high season,

Now does THA = TAT

Same level of predictions.

We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them...

Sound familiar?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them, We want them, we don't want them...

Sound familiar?

Could you repeat that please ?

TAT should understand that domestic market is bigger and more stable than foreign. Until then, they will drive locals away for the sake of the few foreigners. Stupid really, but unless you do serious marketing research in the current situation, you gonna fail, like phuket did. 

Well, if no international tourists come and only their own go, then will they blame themselves as being the spreaders? Last time I saw is poop looks like poop, but mine always looks best and doesn't stink if you ask me..

26 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Stupid really, but unless you do serious marketing research in the current situation, you gonna fail, like phuket did. 

Stupid is putting “serious market research” and TAT (Tourism Authority of Thailand) in the same sentence. You may get away with putting them on the numbers game, but gambling is meant to be illegal in Thailand.

• Like 1

Just now, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Stupid is putting “serious market research” and TAT (Tourism Authority of Thailand) in the same sentence. You may get away with putting them on the numbers game, but gambling is meant to be illegal in Thailand.

sorry, i have faith... vaccinations finally getting on track. hopefully other ministries do the same. if now, well... i still love living here

• Like 1

it's only the Thai's with money that are visiting Hua Hin, and they are such terrible snobs especially the ladies in their middle ages, they may have bought the best designer clothes but haven't got a clue how to dress, and look down their noses at the working Thai people, I so love to people watch, and most of the time there is a little dog dressed up as if it was a replacement for, your guess is as good as mine

• Like 2

I live in Hua Hin.  

Hua Hin is a place for HiSo Thais* from Bangkok. It is super cool and trendy to say you have a place in Hua Hin or go there for the weekend. there is a reason that can't be talked about here. 

This is not the ride the minivan for 150 baht crowd. The weekends are very busy now (in the places Thais go to) with Merc, BMW, Porsche and super cars. They are all in my neighborhood here in Khao Takiap and north of the Summer Palace.      

Beach front condos cost 1 million USD. Beach houses are multi millions of dollars. 

Everyone just comes and goes back and forth no questions asked. Lockdown, super red zone, no one cares.    

*Also I live here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

They are all in my neighborhood here in Khao Takiap and north of the Summer Palace. ……. 

Everyone just comes and goes back and forth no questions asked. Lockdown, super red zone, no one cares.    

So You could say it’s safer south of the summer palace, but then you have the SHA+ Cluster down south I have heard. It’s this kind of …. No questions asked …. that get you put on countries high risk list

• Like 2

I would like to point out the attraction pictured in this particular article was “Plearn Wan”, a small village shopping center in Hua Hin popular with domestic tourists meant to simulate the old times. Guess what? It is permanently closed as of now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr.Sivada said:

Plearn Wan”, a small village shopping center in Hua Hin popular with domestic tourists meant to simulate the old times. Guess what? It is permanently closed as of now. 

Like Soi Bintabaht?

1 hour ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Like Soi Bintabaht?

Soi Bintabaht is a real street with real individual stores. Plearn Wan was more like an tiny amusement park with artificial (very clean) street that looked like little stores or street vendors all lined up next to each other, but in reality they were all employed by the one company managing Plearn Wan. Domestic tourists loved going there to take photos and Instagram things. I thought it was an extremely boring attraction haha. Either way even if they open up Hua Hin right now, there would be years ahead for recovery. Too little too late. Small businesses failing means job loss, and rebuilding small businesses takes a very long time. 

Hua hin has always been a fashionable resort for hiso bangkok thais to go too at the weekend and retire later in life.

That's the main reason the first railway in thailand goes there and has what must be one of the most fancy railway stations in the world.

The place reeks of money.

They do not need or want poor foreign or domestic tourists there anytime.

They just make the place look untidy and most are a bit Smelly to boot.

They grudgingly except that the great unwashed local and foreign alike occasionally like to go to the seaside for a breath of fresh air also.

That's why cha am exists.

I'm surprised they don't have a big gate between the two resorts to ensure those who wish to enter are of the correct social class.

I'm  very surprised the now defunct ferry service to Patts across the bay was ever allowed to run.

1 hour ago, Cathat said:

That's why cha am exists.

555 Poor Cha Am---even the reopening places get fancy names...Cha Am gets nothing

The red headed step cousin of thailand .....let them eat cake!..err.....maybe sticky rice is better!

But much like the movie Titantic id rather party and dance down in 3rd class then tolerate the 1st class hiso