News Forum - Phuket: record 4 Covid-19 deaths in 1 day, hospitals nearly full

Thaiger

12 hours ago, DollhinSpirit said:

I wonder how many of the new cases and unfortunate deaths are with people who have been vaccinated? Would be interesting to see those numbers.

Statistically, and practically, all of them. Reports vary in the vaccination rates, but most reported 75% of the Phuket population had been vaccinated by early July, and 80%-85% by August.......the vast majority with Sinovac.

Edited by Leo
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Leo said:

Statistically, and practically, all of them. Reports vary in the vaccination rates, but most reported 75% of the Phuket population had been vaccinated by early July, and 80%-85% by August.......the vast majority with Sinovac.

Don't tell the Sinovac fans. That won't sit well 🙄😅

• Like 1

Many of the Bangla Road bars have now reopened, more hotels are waking up and life is slowly returning to normal in Patong. The rest of Phuket will follow, people and government want the money. Regardless of the reopening slogan and whether local people are fully vaccinated (many still waiting) Phuket has already reopened.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Leo said:

Either the Sinovac vaccine is pure BS ( and I think we all know that, despite heavy Chinese lobbying), or they have vaccinated less people than they said.

I don't understand why they are not showing THESE statistics: number of casualties in vaccinated vs. non vaccinated people, and with which vaccine.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

And more to add to Phuket numbers …. Plus a close down.

The main SuperCheap shopping complex in Rassada, north of Phuket Town, has been ordered closed for seven days as a measure to prevent COVID-19 infections from spreading after at least 23 staff there were confirmed infected.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/supercheap-ordered-closed-over-covid-infections-81368.php

I am just wondering how they separate the branches from the big tree: They supply all (other) SuperCheap from that one, from the storage of the main SC. If it is/was in the big complex, why does anyone thinks, the storage part didn't spread it, before they found out? The guys from the storage unit rolling the stuff into the main one.

Aside: Are these 23 include the Myanmar workers? Or are they , like always, just 'quick tested', and afterwards send 2 weeks in quarantine? ONLY PCR tested positives are for the statistics, right? ;-)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Leo said:

They already have 3. jabs given, to some of the first 100k batch sinovac vaccinated.

Just: the 75%, or the 80-85% is not from all of the population! It is from the 70% goal, they did set up, month before the delta marched into Thailand! (imho ;-)

They just got Biontech/Pfizer for 12-17 years old, they don't have any vaccine for under 12 old, so ....!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wanderlust said:

Either the Sinovac vaccine is pure BS ( and I think we all know that, despite heavy Chinese lobbying), or they have vaccinated less people than they said.

I don't understand why they are not showing THESE statistics: number of casualties in vaccinated vs. non vaccinated people, and with which vaccine.

To breakdown the numbers and give the facts out that your looking for they would lose face. We all know that's a big no no with the Thai culture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wanderlust said:

Sinovac's Coronavac keeps people mostly away from getting sick. Just the infection ratio is going up again. Which, if people survive Covid then, is a booster on itself!

They got 600k of 'coronavac' doses, 2x100k in March, I think, and 2x200k April/May.

Just from these 300k people, about 70k weren't residents of Phuket , 'just working' on the island. So that made not even 50% of the 70% target. But got reportet as 60+ or such.

I think, Thaiger had that reported, once

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Sinovac's Coronavac keeps people mostly away from getting sick. Just the infection ratio is going up again. Which, if people survive Covid then, is a booster on itself!

They got 600k of 'coronavac' doses, 2x100k in March, I think, and 2x200k April/May.

Just from these 300k people, about 70k weren't residents of Phuket , 'just working' on the island. So that made not even 50% of the 70% target. But got reportet as 60+ or such.

I think, Thaiger had that reported, once

I would imagine there is lots of Thai's living and working in Phuket who are not registered here I do know of some who couldn't get vaccinated their tabien baan was up in sticky rice land

20 hours ago, Chaimai said:

correct.

Almost a million a day is no longer slow.

I can't find what you are referring to, but Thailand is not doing a million a day.

It is physically impossible to do a million a day unless you're in India or China.

4 hours ago, Bob20 said:

I can't find what you are referring to, but Thailand is not doing a million a day.

It is physically impossible to do a million a day unless you're in India or China.

I said almost a million....based on 929,000.

826k  is well on the way to a million. I have previously commented on the unnecessarily reduced weekend number.

Richard Barrow in Thailand

🟣 National Vaccination Rollout:
💉 DAY 90: 369,512 <— Saturday
💉 DAY 91: 325,218 <— Sunday
💉 DAY 92: 722,377
💉 DAY 93: 826,013
💉 DAY 94: 713,454
💉 DAY 95: 698,621
💉 DAY 96: 758,503
🔴 TOTAL: 39,631,862 doses since 28 February

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

I said almost a million....based on 929,000.

826k  is well on the way to a million. I have previously commented on the unnecessarily reduced weekend number.

Richard Barrow in Thailand

🟣 National Vaccination Rollout:
💉 DAY 90: 369,512 <— Saturday
💉 DAY 91: 325,218 <— Sunday
💉 DAY 92: 722,377
💉 DAY 93: 826,013
💉 DAY 94: 713,454
💉 DAY 95: 698,621
💉 DAY 96: 758,503
🔴 TOTAL: 39,631,862 doses since 28 February

Well, 700-800k is not good enough if you owe me a $1m 🤣

But thanks for the table. I've seen these before and I have serious doubts. I know that mainly BKK and surrounding provinces have been targeted until now, but the numbers seem very high and I also find totals of 25m total jabs given in Thailand up to 9 September from other (similarly unreliable) sources. 

That's why I wondered if anyone had verified sources or for example numbers of deliveries.

Main point is that the new areas that are to open-up are not sufficiently vaccinated to do so and are receiving only small amounts of vaccines. That doesn't seem to support the opinion that there are plenty of vaccines available and that they are jabbed at a high speed.

Anyway, I'm looking for the figures, not really wanting to exchange "views", however interesting.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I would imagine there is lots of Thai's living and working in Phuket who are not registered here I do know of some who couldn't get vaccinated their tabien baan was up in sticky rice land

Afaik, if a Thai is/was NOT registered on Phuket, they did need to have an employer of an official Phuket registered business.

THIS business had to register them for vaccination.

By the numbers, which got published, that were around 70k Thai people. Who GOT vaccinated, despite not being registered on the island. 

Aside: Lots of these people, you mentioned, drove home in the first months of this year. Not all came back!

Edited by Guest1
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 5:15 AM, DollhinSpirit said:

I wonder how many of the new cases and unfortunate deaths are with people who have been vaccinated? Would be interesting to see those numbers.

It would be interesting to see lots of independently audited numbers associated with this government. 

On 9/11/2021 at 9:08 AM, BIGGLES said:

I believe the most dim witted, spotty faced, gap year youth, will be able to see that it is not a safe place, or welcoming place to holiday at present

That’s no way to talk about some of the members in this forum 😉😉

On 9/11/2021 at 11:25 AM, Chaimai said:

My money is on the UK adjusting Thailand to amber at one of the next two fortnightly reviews.

That’s a bold call @Chaimai   Care to say what you have based that bet on? I’m not disagreeing with you, as I also think it could if reported infection rates and vaccination rates continue.  

Update: I’ve now seen you post which states it’s based on falling reported infection rates. The U.K. government may use the official data as an excuse to upgrade Thailand to Amber, but if they have any doubts the numbers may not be accurate, or reliable (god forbid) then they may keep them at Red a little longer? 

Edited by Soidog
Updates

6 hours ago, Soidog said:

That’s a bold call @Chaimai   Care to say what you have based that bet on? I’m not disagreeing with you, as I also think it could if reported infection rates and vaccination rates continue.  

Update: I’ve now seen you post which states it’s based on falling reported infection rates. The U.K. government may use the official data as an excuse to upgrade Thailand to Amber, but if they have any doubts the numbers may not be accurate, or reliable (god forbid) then they may keep them at Red a little longer? 

I don't think they can base anything on "doubts".

My reasoning was that Thailand was previously amber based on 'published numbers', moved to red based on an increase in those numbers. A return to amber therefore seems logical if those numbers have reduced.

It is all a bit flimsy as we all know.....increase testing you will find more Covid cases. A reduction in the number of deaths remains my preferred measure of living with Covid.