News Forum - Phuket: record 4 Covid-19 deaths in 1 day, hospitals nearly full

Thaiger

A record number of Covid-19 fatalities in Phuket today as last night’s Phuket Provincial Public Health Office report confirmed 4 deaths in 1 day. That marks 17 deaths in one week in Phuket, nearly doubling the total of deaths since the third wave of Covid-19 took hold at the beginning of April. In the 5 months since the start of the third wave, Phuket had seen a total of 20 deaths from Covid-19, but the 17 deaths in the past 7 days bring the total to 37 fatalities in the province. The 238 new infections today mark Phuket’s 12th day […]

The post Phuket: record 4 Covid-19 deaths in 1 day, hospitals nearly full appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

10 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A record number of Covid-19 fatalities in Phuket today as last night’s Phuket Provincial Public Health Office report confirmed 4 deaths in 1 day.

Dying to re-open: Phuket business leaders push for Dec 1 full re-opening

https://www.thephuketnews.com/dying-to-re-open-phuket-business-leaders-push-for-dec-1-full-re-opening-81358.php

Let’s Forget the sandbox, now it’s Phuket Freedom Day! 1 December!

• Haha 3

They lock down the gypsy village in Rawai but they are not releasing to many details how many infected I also noticed the nearest 7/11 was closed 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lowseasonlover said:

They lock down the gypsy village in Rawai but they are not releasing to many details how many infected I also noticed the nearest 7/11 was closed 

They have been good at hiding the figures especially with the atk tests! 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

They have been good at hiding the figures especially with the atk tests! 

Something not quite right about this, as they did mass testing a couple of weeks ago down there now all of a sudden

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So setting the standards and infection parameters was nothing but PR rubbish. Close the damn sandbox and stop conning the overseas tourists! Here in CM we have a fraction of the cases but are still being kept in a open prison.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Pompies said:

Here in CM we have a fraction of the cases but are still being kept in a open prison. 

Careful …. There may be a explosion of cases, as the Central Festival Mall second floor …. They haven’t closed the mall like last time.

8 minutes ago, Pompies said:

Close the damn sandbox

They are …. They will open up Phuket on 1 December ….. Which will be known as Phuket Freedom Day

Sandbox.... winning!  If we arent going to stop complacency we can expect  to face the gauntlet of death that will surely  come.  People are tired of the strife and failings.  Most people I meet have the, "If I get sick and die attitude,  then I die," manyra, which is sad.  Open up, and dont turn back!!! Well hold on everyone  we're in for a surprise!

Well stories like these just prove that their healthcare system is seriously underfunded and understaffed and or they do not provide any drugs for treatment.

good job PM prayut!

44 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Careful …. There may be a explosion of cases, as the Central Festival Mall second floor …. They haven’t closed the mall like last time.

Do you know something we don't? Haven't found anything recent about CF

3 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Oh. will this be a cover up? For CM you have to really look, but an area in San Sai just had a kaboom of
Covid at a market and a factory there. 31 or 32 at the factory and this links to the market and area around it. The factory is 10 minutes driving up from Maejo University as was in the news.

Even if they do fully open up December 1, I think they're in for a surprise. 

I believe the most dim witted, spotty faced, gap year youth, will be able to see that it is not a safe place, or welcoming place to holiday at present.

There are huge market sources, which are currently not available due to countries placing Thailand on a red list. The UK, the second largest market after the USA, is highly unlikely to change that anytime soon.

I believe that this year's high season is a dead duck.

I believe thus is due to incompetent vaccine handling and roll out, mismanagement and corruption. 

Tourists are not coming, does not matter what the TAT etc say, for the present, confidence in Thailand  has gone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1