Failed to do the 90 day report .

I went to do the 90 day report at immigration on the last day of my previous date , but their computers weren't working , so I couldn't do it .

It was a long week-end and I went again on the next open day , but they required proof of address , the next two days were public holidays.

When I finally got to immigration with all necessary documents in hand and attempted to do the 90 day report , they informed me that I was eight days past the previous date and thus couldnt extend .

I explained that I was unable to do the report yesterday because they were closed , but I got no leniency . 

So, I havent done my 90 day report .

If I leave Thailand by flight , will they notice that I didnt do the 90 day report 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fluke said:

I went to do the 90 day report at immigration on the last day of my previous date , but their computers weren't working , so I couldn't do it .

It was a long week-end and I went again on the next open day , but they required proof of address , the next two days were public holidays.

When I finally got to immigration with all necessary documents in hand and attempted to do the 90 day report , they informed me that I was eight days past the previous date and thus couldnt extend .

I explained that I was unable to do the report yesterday because they were closed , but I got no leniency . 

If I leave Thailand by flight , will they notice that I didnt do the 90 day report 

Often they do and you will need to pay a fine per every day late. When are you leaving ? If not after 89 days before your last report was due then guess fined up to the max which I think is 20000 THB, or 500 baht per day. If 90 days or over then you will be in the poo but @Faz can confirm that hopefully

4 minutes ago, gummy said:

Often they do and you will need to pay a fine per every day late. When are you leaving ? If not after 89 days before your last report was due then guess fined up to the max which I think is 20000 THB, or 500 baht per day. If 90 days or over then you will be in the poo but @Faz can confirm that hopefully

No, the 500 Baht per day fine is for visa overstay as is the (maximum )20 000 baht fine  also for visa overstay .

Its a set 2000 Baht fine for not doing the 90 day report , I just wondered whether they would notice at the airport 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Fluke said:

No, the 500 Baht per day fine is for visa overstay as is the (maximum )20 000 baht fine  also for visa overstay .

Its a set 2000 Baht fine for not doing the 90 day report , I just wondered whether they would notice at the airport 

Ok then so you knew the answer. Have a nice flight

30 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Do you have a re-entry stamp already?

You could have appealed the 8 days/fine with Immi boss or Bangkok based on proven facts.  May be too late now.  Was this at CM Airport, desk, drive-in or Promenada?

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Fluke said:

If you cannot appeal the unjust 2000 THB fine for not having done your 90-day report before due date (THEIR fault), you might as well just skip doing any future 90-day reports until you apply for your next 1-year extension.  The fine for not doing your 90-day report is 2.000 THB irrespective whether you are 1 day over the reporting window or a full year.   Some long-term stayers that find it too inconvenient to do the 90-day report in person (e.g. because their immigration office is far away from where they live) deliberately don't do it, and pay the 2.000 THB fine with a smile, when visiting their local Imm Office again for their 1-year extension.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

If you cannot appeal the unjust 2000 THB fine for not having done your 90-day report before due date (THEIR fault), you might as well just skip doing any future 90-day reports until you apply for your next 1-year extension.  The fine for not doing your 90-day report is 2.000 THB irrespective whether you are 1 day over the reporting window or a full year.   Some long-term stayers that find it too inconvenient to do the 90-day report in person (e.g. because their immigration office is far away from where they live) deliberately don't do it, and pay the 2.000 THB fine with a smile, when visiting their local Imm Office again for their 1-year extension.

But don't get arrested as it become a 4000 baht fine apparently

Do not worry about 90DR.

Neither about Visa some times.

3 years ago I visited my family and I reentered by Suvarnabumi airport (the main airport of the country) showing my re-entry Non-B visa.

At that time I was working as a teacher, but the school cancelled my visa 14 days before I came back (without any advice). I was fired, my visa was cancelled but I entered without any problem.

Then I was in trouble, so quickly I join a visa run to Laos. At that border, when leaving, no problem again (when it was already 3 weeks overstay).

I came back, I found a better job (thank you Kornpitack School for firing me) and problems pop up when trying to get a new work permit and Visa.

They charged me 11000B "overstay" visa. YES, guys: for these money collectors you overstay even while you are in your country; YES, guys: for these money collectors you can cross the border showing a 2 weeks ago cancelled visa; and finally guys, YES: if you pay, there is no problem.

They did it because they know that sooner or later you will be charged. If I had known I was fired, I would had stayed at home; if I had been stopped at the border because my expired visa, I had come back home directly; if I had known all the new processes I needed to accomplish, I had come back home.

But it is all about money, you know ...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KaptainRob said:

Do you have a re-entry stamp already?

You could have appealed the 8 days/fine with Immi boss or Bangkok based on proven facts.  May be too late now.  Was this at CM Airport, desk, drive-in or Promenada?

It was at airport immigration CM

I did appeal to higher up there and then and the boss said that on the date of last 90 day report expiry date , I then had 7 days leniency to get it updated .

The extra 7 days includes all public holidays and week-ends and unlike visa extensions , you cannot go the first next open date . 

I don't have a reentry stamp and dont think that I will be getting one as if I leave Thailand, I dont think that I will be coming back 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

But don't get arrested as it become a 4000 baht fine apparently

Stop making things up . 

Its not an arrestable offence to fail to do a 90 day report . 

Its a set 2000 Baht fine 

4 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Stop making things up . 

Its a set 2000 Baht fine 

Didn't say it was did I ? read what I said in the context of @BlueSphinx     responce !!!!!

But I will make it simple just for you.   If you fail to report for your 90 days you are liable for a fine of 2000 baht.  If however you have failed to report and you get arrested then that fine becomes 4000 baht !!

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

Didn't say it was did I ? read what I said in the context of @BlueSphinx     responce !!!!!

But I will make it simple just for you.   If you fail to report for your 90 days you are liable for a fine of 2000 baht.  If however you have failed to report and you get arrested then that fine becomes 4000 baht !!

@Fluke mentioned that he most probably will not be coming back to Thailand.

But for those that forgot to do their 90-day report and are over the reporting window, it is good to know that the fine you will pay at the Immigration Office for not having done it will be 2.000 THB.  So you surely do not have to rush to the Imm Office to regularize it (by paying the fine), but can do that at any time convenient for you.  As I mentioned some long-term stayers DELIBERATELY do not file their 90-day reports as the fine stays same irrespective of when you go to the Imm Office.

@gummy > Didn't know about the doubling of the fine, when you are arrested and your 90-day report is overdue.  But chances of being arrested are quite slim so that's hardly something to worry about - but indeed good to know...

6 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

@Fluke mentioned that he most probably will not be coming back to Thailand.

But for those that forgot to do their 90-day report and are over the reporting window, it is good to know that the fine you will pay at the Immigration Office for not having done it will be 2.000 THB.  So you surely do not have to rush to the Imm Office to regularize it (by paying the fine), but can do that at any time convenient for you.  As I mentioned some long-term stayers DELIBERATELY do not file their 90-day reports as the fine stays same irrespective of when you go to the Imm Office.

Yes, the I.O was quite sympathetic   and said that I would have to pay a 2000 Baht fine and that I could pay the fine any time I liked and no need to do it now . 

So I thanked him and walked away 

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

That must have been a busy 90 days for you that you couldn't get there until the last day.

31 minutes ago, Fluke said:

It was at airport immigration CM

I did appeal to higher up there and then and the boss said that on the date of last 90 day report expiry date , I then had 7 days leniency to get it updated .

The extra 7 days includes all public holidays and week-ends and unlike visa extensions , you cannot go the first next open date . 

I don't have a reentry stamp and dont think that I will be getting one as if I leave Thailand, I dont think that I will be coming back 

Technically he is correct.
Your permitted to file a 90 day report up to 6 days after the due date, 7 days including the due date.
What doesn't make sense is that after then paying the 'late' fine they didn't then proceed with processing your report, unless you refused to pay because you intended to leave Thailand anyway.

34 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Its a set 2000 Baht fine 

29 minutes ago, gummy said:

The requirement to submit 90 day reports is detailed in section 37 (5) of the Immigration Act.
Although they apply a standard fine of 2,000 baht, the actual maximum penalty they could apply is detailed in section 76 of the Immigration Act.
Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

If leaving Thailand the airport Immigration are only concerned with legal entry and exits. Provided you had valid permission of stay and have not 'overstayed', they do not check 90 day reports, late or otherwise as that is not their role. They only check for overstay.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

That must have been a busy 90 days for you that you couldn't get there until the last day.

The new 90 days begins from the day you do it . 

Also when I handed my passport over to the bank , they lost my previous 90 day report paper and that had the date of when I was next due for a 90 day report , so I was unsure of the exact date and coincidentally enough, I went on the last day and I would have been OK, but the computers were down and they were unable to process the report

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

The new 90 days begins from the day you do it . 

Also when I handed my passport over to the bank , they lost my previous 90 day report paper and that had the date of when I was next due for a 90 day report , so I was unsure of the exact date and coincidentally enough, I went on the last day and I would have been OK, but the computers were down and they were unable to process the report

Seems you have a lot of bad luck, are you sure you should be flying again ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Faz said:

Technically he is correct.
Your permitted to file a 90 day report up to 6 days after the due date, 7 days including the due date.
What doesn't make sense is that after then paying the 'late' fine they didn't then proceed with processing your report, unless you refused to pay because you intended to leave Thailand anyway.

I didn't pay the late fine , I didn't refuse to, they didn't request that I did pay it .

His attitude seemed to be that considering I had now passed the date , I didnt need to be concerned about it and just to pay the fine in future when required 

6 minutes ago, gummy said:

Seems you have a lot of bad luck, are you sure you should be flying again ?

Hopefully I wont have to .

Just currently negotiating a new contract and if that's  successful , then I wont have to fly anywhere 

8 minutes ago, Fluke said:

I didn't pay the late fine , I didn't refuse to, they didn't request that I did pay it .

43 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Yes, the I.O was quite sympathetic   and said that I would have to pay a 2000 Baht fine and that I could pay the fine any time I liked and no need to do it now . 

So they advised you, but you declined.
You did have a 21 day window though to submit your 90 day report.

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

Be aware!
I would get it sorted sooner rather than later, unless your intending to leave Thailand.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Faz said:

So they advised you, but you declined.
You did have a 21 day window though to submit your 90 day report.

Be aware!
I would get it sorted sooner rather than later, unless your intending to leave Thailand.

No, I didnt decline anything , they said that I would have to pay a 2000 Baht fine but I wasnt asked to pay it there and then , and it was sort of suggested that I pay it when requested , like doing a visa extension or leaving Thailand . 

There have been suggestions that they are going to stop the need to do 90 day reports , hopefully they will do that soon 

11 minutes ago, Fluke said:

No, I didnt decline anything , they said that I would have to pay a 2000 Baht fine but I wasnt asked to pay it there and then , and it was sort of suggested that I pay it when requested , like doing a visa extension or leaving Thailand . 

Sort of suggested!
Did you get that in writing you could pay at a later date, without any further penalties.
As it stands your in violation of section 37 (5) of the Immigration laws, which is an offence.

About 3 years ago, an expat acquaintance found himself in a similar position to yourself, believing he could pay the 2,000 baht fine at the time of renewing his extension, so didn't submit any further 90 day reports.
On his extension renewal visit, they clearly remembered him and backdated the fine to his first offence, applying the '200 baht a day until the law was complied with'.

They refused to process his extension application until he paid the fine, which they calculated at 36,000+ baht. Not suggesting that they will do that, but that they can. The possible financial penalty is detailed under section 76 and they can at their discretion apply it. The 2,000 baht fine they usually apply is done so at their discretion and leniency.

Nothing in your proposed new contract that you mustn't be in violation of the Immigration laws or have any outstanding offences? Entirely your decision, but rather than leave it to chance, I'd personally recommend you clear the issue up to prevent any escalation of the problem.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Faz said:

Sort of suggested!
Did you get that in writing you could pay at a later date, without any further penalties.
As it stands your in violation of section 37 (5) of the Immigration laws, which is an offence.

About 3 years ago, an expat acquaintance found himself in a similar position to yourself, believing he could pay the 2,000 baht fine at the time of renewing his extension, so didn't submit any further 90 day reports.
On his extension renewal visit, they clearly remembered him and backdated the fine to his first offence, applying the '200 baht a day until the law was complied with'.

They refused to process his extension application until he paid the fine, which they calculated at 36,000+ baht. Not suggesting that they will do that, but that they can. The possible financial penalty is detailed under section 76 and they can at their discretion apply it. The 2,000 baht fine they usually apply is done so at their discretion and leniency.

Nothing in your proposed new contract that you mustn't be in violation of the Immigration laws or have any outstanding offences? Entirely your decision, but rather than leave it to chance, I'd personally recommend you clear the issue up to prevent any escalation of the problem.

Yes, I will either be leaving Thailand soon or extending my visa , I will sort it out then . 

1 minute ago, Fluke said:

Yes, I will either be leaving Thailand soon or extending my visa , I will sort it out then . 

You now can not extend your VISA. You can have an extension of stay only