News Forum - Foreign investors keep a close eye on struggling Pattaya hotels

Thaiger

3 minutes ago, Andrew Reeve said:

Foreign investors keep a close eye on struggling Pattaya hotels

But is this not the norm for investors? They look for a bargain. They surely are not going to buy something where they lose out on the deal. I bet Pattaya is not the only area in the world where hotels are being scouted due to the problems that they are having to keep afloat.

I've stayed in quite a lot of Chinese owned and managed hotels over the years.

Always found them to be well run, clean and reasonably priced.

May perhaps lack a bit of charm to some but over all the ones I've stayed at get the thumbs up.

I think the average tourist in Pattaya would notice no difference and probably has no interest in who owns the place anyway.

to be honest, I don't think Thailand is on the top 3 places in the world to look for investment opportunities.

This isn't because of the whole land ownership start a company and get rid of this problem.

From an investors prospectus you don't know what your investing in too much uncertainties. Most buildings really need to be completely turned in-to a car park and they still want millions for it.

On 9/10/2021 at 6:03 PM, sputnik said:

well the chinese put in some small change...later when its open again the triades bring in the girls from mainland...change all to red light chinese style and only serve chinese weekenders....pty as its known today goodbye...I always thought foreigners cannot own land in LOS...well chinese triades are prayuts dearest friends...same same but different

Actually foreign individuals are excluded from land ownership, but some businesses can (Foreign Hotel chains).  Foreign ownership of apartments and condo are also restricted to 49% of capacity, but I think this is likely a loophole statute for later application.