News Forum - Ministry of Public Health rules AZ vaccine cause blood clot death

Thaiger

The Ministry of Public Health has determined a person whose death came from a blood clot and thrombocytopenia ultimately died as a result of one shot of the AstraZeneca vaccine. This instance was the only one out of 628 cases that have been studied by the committee on Adverse Events Following Immunisation that concluded that a vaccine from AstraZeneca was the cause of death. The director of the epidemiology division at the Department of Disease Control pointed out that less than one person (0.73 statistically) per every 100,000 people who receive the first AstraZeneca vaccine have suffered death from blood […]

The post Ministry of Public Health rules AZ vaccine cause blood clot death appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

5 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

More ammunition for the antivaxxers out there fill your boots boys ...

Don't know about "more" ammunition, as it was already known to be an adverse reaction.

Then again, they don't need more ammunition, because they make it up while you wait.

Maybe we'll find a 💉 for it... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Was it a locally produced AZ or one of the imported ones?  

Inquiring minds want to know.

I understand why you ask, but it's a known adverse reaction for AZ (all production sites). I don't think you can conclude it's anything like a production error or contamination etc. because then there would likely be a higher number of cases.

23 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I understand why you ask, but it's a known adverse reaction for AZ (all production sites). I don't think you can conclude it's anything like a production error or contamination etc. because then there would likely be a higher number of cases.

Agreed, @Bob20.

It's apparently the one and only case out of 15 million.

Unfortunate and serious if you're the one in 15 million, but not for the other 14,999,999.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Agreed, @Bob20.

It's apparently the one and only case out of 15 million.

Unfortunate and serious if you're the one in 15 million, but not for the other 14,999,999.

Yes, about the same chance as winning the lottery. Just doesn't make you happy 😔 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vlad said:

Wait for Captain Covid and his crew to chip in.

I’m not the Captain, maybe not the first mate. Quartermaster? Bosun? Definitely not the cook. But here I am chipping in, in hostile waters.

I understand the math, but the math becomes foggy when fear is introduced into the equation. People will pull back when they hear this, especially when / if Covid death or serious illness doesn’t touch them personally. 

I and probably many more understand the risks in a new Vaccine we understand sadly some will lose there life but there would be multiple Deaths worldwide without a vaccine.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Inlandchris said:

One reason Europe doesn't want AZ vaxx. The truth never hurts, its the lies that kills us

And the other reason is that it was developed by Oxford University which is part of the U.K. You know, that pesky place that voted to leave the EU. Let’s play politics with vaccines and rubbish AZ. Pathetic and funny if it wasn't serious. 

8 hours ago, BigHewer said:

People will pull back when they hear this, especially when / if Covid death or serious illness doesn’t touch them personally.

Agreed. Until it does touch them and then they start posting videos from their ICU beds pleading with people to get the vaccine. Tough on those who lost their life by believing it was safer not to be vaccinated. 

• Like 1

Where is the definitive proof?

An announcement means nothing except unforeseen consequences.

I remember the announcement "Iraq is developing nuclear weapons". Look where that lead us. 

Or in the case of vaccines, preservatives in the vaccine cause autism. Never been proved but generations of children suffered because parents refused to have them vaccinated against potential childhood  killers.

So statement should have been "there is a possibility".

9 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Not known, it is postulated based more on hearsay than actual science.

11 minutes ago, Disenfranchised said:

Not known, it is postulated based more on hearsay than actual science.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02291-2

It seems as though this article has some of the latest info., that explains what is going on in terms that people can readily understand.

So hearsay is a little to strong.

Edited by Disenfranchised
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Ministry of Public Health has determined a person whose death came from a blood clot and thrombocytopenia ultimately died as a result of one shot of the AstraZeneca vaccine. This instance was the only one out of 628 cases that have been studied by the committee on Adverse Events Following Immunisation that concluded that a vaccine from AstraZeneca was the cause of death. The director of the epidemiology division at the Department of Disease Control pointed out that less than one person (0.73 statistically) per every 100,000 people who receive the first AstraZeneca vaccine have suffered death from blood […]

The post Ministry of Public Health rules AZ vaccine cause blood clot death appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This is why vaccines should be a choice and there should be no social pressure to take it.

The vaxaholics should try to understand this

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vlad said:

I and probably many more understand the risks in a new Vaccine we understand sadly some will lose there life but there would be multiple Deaths worldwide without a vaccine.

Or that many of the people who died from vaccines, very likely already had natural immunity, and were mislead to their options.

Is it not equally likely that the vaccine has caused more deaths than would have been that case without it. There is no way of knowing for sure, as no one with the money to fund research will do the science.

Immunity VS temporary protection that's what I see as the options

If you are under 60 and in good health, what would you choose?

Edited by AdamX

48 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Agreed. Until it does touch them and then they start posting videos from their ICU beds pleading with people to get the vaccine. Tough on those who lost their life by believing it was safer not to be vaccinated. 

You’re spot on. On both sides of the ledger, it’s the stories and anecdotes that sway the uncertain and “vindicate” people who have already made up their minds.

I never thought my mother or sister would get the vaccine. They followed all the stats and were unmoved, but then changed their minds when that Texan anti-mask activist passed on a couple of weeks back. 

And I’m sure there are people who see this story of a death post-vax and decide to hold back. Right or wrong, it is what it is.

• Like 1

Antivaxers take umberidge from these reports. They are true (the reports that is). Astra Zeneca does have in very rare cases (based on worldwide usage and information) a side effect of causing blood clots, which can even more rarely result in death. In my country, it is recommended for those older than either 60 or 50 (it was 50, then I had my first dose and the advice changed to 60). Having said that, younger people have been taking AZ as we have an oversupply of AZ and an undersupply of Pfizer and Moderna. When you're in the middle of Delta outbreaks, any vaccine is better than no vaccine. I haven't heard any reports of deaths among those under 50 dying of blood clots. Also it seems that AZ holds its efficacy for longer than Moderna and Pfizer, without booster shots.

Also timely to remember, that Oxford Astra Zeneca is the only vaccine I am aware of that has given license to other countries to produce it's vaccine (as is the case in my country). I've had two shots and I'm still here!!