Emma Raducanu reaches US open final

gummy

I am not a big fan of tennis although I do find watching the ladies quite pleasent. This British young lady has just done what many said would not happen and a teenage qualifier has reached the  US open final. Good luck to her and she is a looker too, possibly because she has a Romanian Father and Chinese Mother ,and before anyone asks, she only remembers the UK as her home as she was 2 years old when here Mum and Dad moved there. Go on Emma win it please.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/58511033

Looks like I will be taking a look at tennis this weekend - first time for years. What used to be one of the world's top sports followed by most people, including myself, has become as boring and as predictable as a B grade movie. McEnroe was a bit of a pain but his matches with Borg and Connors were exciting to watch and they were all highly skilful players back then. Nowadays McEnroe, Borg, Connors and even the greatest (Rod Laver) would not make it - too small and not strong enough. 

• Like 1

I am impressed...to have only one Grand Slam experience, an early pull-out at Wimbledon, and to move all the way from qualifier to Champion in the US open is quite an accomplishment.

Well done to both of the finalists. To me the women's competition is so much more open these days than the men's comp. 

I just hope that the media and fans don't create unreal expectations on either of the girls. Some of the trolls on other competitors have simply been disgusting.

• Like 1