Stickerless visas

JamesE

Thanks for the heads up @JamesE

I tried the link given for further information but it brought me back to the same limited information.
One to definitely keep an eye on for more updates.

France, China, UK, US and Canada all currently use the online E-Visa application system.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Faz said:

Thanks for the heads up @JamesE

I tried the link given for further information but it brought me back to the same limited information.
One to definitely keep an eye on for more updates.

France, China, UK, US and Canada all currently use the online E-Visa application system.

Yeah, it sounds like this squares the circle and removes the visa itself (and thereby the need to mail one's passport all over hell and gone). It will be interesting to watch as the procedures are put in place later in the month.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Yeah, it sounds like this squares the circle and removes the visa itself (and thereby the need to mail one's passport all over hell and gone). It will be interesting to watch as the procedures are put in place later in the month.

I can only assume they'll send you a Visa by email to print and carry in your Passport.

A loose Visa is not a good idea.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Faz said:

I can only assume they'll send you a Visa by email to print and carry in your Passport.

A loose Visa is not a good idea.

I got that they were talking about a true eVisa, tied to your passport. Present passport at immigration and just get the appropriate stamps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JamesE said:

I got that they were talking about a true eVisa, tied to your passport. Present passport at immigration and just get the appropriate stamps.

I can see fun and games with that.

• Like 2

Perhaps some print out to show the airlines then or as far as their concerned everybody will be trying to enter VE and they'll be checking for a 30 day ticket out.  🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamesE said:

I did this when I traveled to Cambodia last year.  One of the stamps at immigration included a space for the immigration officer to write in the number of the eVisa.  The eVisa system works well and I think it is a good idea for Thailand to use it.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Faz said:

Perhaps some print out to show the airlines then or as far as their concerned everybody will be trying to enter VE and they'll be checking for a 30 day ticket out.  🤔

Sidenote I have gone to LOS yearly since 2008 with NO visa and always ONE way.....never had an issue (USA passport)

I am NOT suggesting anyone try this and I understand the risks, as I say i am simply traveling after the 30 but stay about 4-6 months each time...on my 2nd passport both with extra pages, they no longer offer extra pages if I heard right...but evisa sounds nice if they can actually get this sorted out correctly....(thainess)

Edited by PapayaBokBok
  • Like 1
  • Cool 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update: The Stickerless Visa system is happening: https://thaiembdc.org/visas/.

Be sure to look at the dates if you are trying to get a visa using the eVisa system - the system will be shut down as they transfer to the new system. Short story is that if you haven't already submitted your application you won't be able to apply for a visa until September 27 (at the earliest).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Faz said:

Absolutely no mention or news about stickerless visas from the Thai Embassy London.

They may not have gotten around to it given that the consular website claims: "More UK nationals visit Thailand than any other nation within the EU." 🤔

However, when you follow the eVisa link on the UK Embassy's website the disclaimer is (kind-of) hinted at...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Faz said:

Absolutely no mention or news about stickerless visas from the Thai Embassy London.

Maybe Thai Embassies are like Thai Provence’s when it comes to rules and regulations … Same Same but Different. It seems that way with all the different stories that abound from different countries, and the hassles that some people struggle through.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Maybe Thai Embassies are like Thai Provence’s when it comes to rules and regulations

They do have their differences, such as application procedures and available Visa types.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JamesE said:

Here's the English version. They've gone from a visa sticker to a piece of paper you have to carry with you. Progress!

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/thailand-e-visa-stickerless-system-2/

A wise man would staple it into his Passport, but not before saving an image of it to his device.
An even wiser man would perhaps run a couple of copies of for safekeeping elsewhere.

• Like 3