News Forum - Mor Prom app to be used as a Digital Health Pass for travel

Thaiger

So If I am reading the yellow book Q &A section correctly I need a pink Thai ID card for a yellow book ? what if I don't have the ID card like many others on the forum I would guess.

Getting a pink Id is a simple process (in Rayong at least). Simply take your passport and house books to the place where they issue marriage certificates, house books, Thai Ids etc, and ask. I think that the application form also asks for your blood group, so best to know that as well.

1 hour ago, gazmo16 said:

So If I am reading the yellow book Q &A section correctly I need a pink Thai ID card for a yellow book ? what if I don't have the ID card like many others on the forum I would guess.

Let's make a clear differentiation in the two types of Yellow Books that are appearing on this thread.  There is a Yellow House Book that foreigners can get for proof of residence in Thailand.

Your Pink Card and Yellow Book are for ID purposes. 

545385367_YellowHouseBook.jpg.6bbd7eb181bd39b219b68dc75bc08b9b.jpg

The Yellow Vaccination booklet is to show proof of any and all vaccinations you recieve and you don't need anything to get one.  It is accepted in every country in the world.

vaccine_cert.jpg.cb5dc9bf9d3e4311931bafb6b2a51ef4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Train said:

I don't know where you get the WHO booklet from, but now i think you get only the one with Thai signature. Not WHO approved.

I ordered four from Amazon.com, for my family as  the Thai booklet I saw says "Covid 19" vaccination on its front, and I wanted to make sure it was all the vaccines we get and internationally recognized.

The Tropical Diseases Institute at Mahidol University uses the WHO booklet for their vaccinations.

Is this the same as the Ministry of Public Health green card? Or something different? Does this mean anything to the airlines, or nations outside of Thailand? 

16 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Is this the same as the Ministry of Public Health green card? Or something different? Does this mean anything to the airlines, or nations outside of Thailand? 

The Yellow Vaccination booklet, whether it's produced by the WHO, the USA CDC or the UK NHS all follow the same format and all are accepted for international travel, by agreement.  

The Ministry of Public Health (Thailand) green card is just for Thailand, showing ability to enter restaurants and indoor activities. No other countries know about "green" cards for covid.

Rather than the damned Mor Prom app, Thailand should adopt the same app used in Europe...but no, no...have to do it the Thai way.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Australia’s vaccination certificates can be easily forged with fake documents available for $270
https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/security/australias-vaccination-certificates-can-be-easily-forged-with-fake-documents-available-for-270/news-story/b7e5672ca43840a1567fb938a3f69b7f

Maybe you can just buy one in Australia before arriving?

The fake certificates can be made anywhere in the world really - all you need is the basic framework file. But hacking into personal data, that is another thing altogether.  No need to buy one - we have had our vaccinations. 

See link below. It must come from MPH. It is yellow. From green Card don't know only green Mor Prom App.

I don't think count for Airlines. Don't need.

I think nothing really works.

Maybe if you have Vaccine Passport you can eat in a Restaurant or drink a coffee not on the streets.

I will see next month. Link V. Passport. I got it from the hospital jab me in BKK.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/mobile/folders/1V-vjdJQWkBvDlwdYWsxajTUteyu-TXaE?usp=sharing

4 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

But hacking into personal data, that is another thing altogether. 

Yes, and not just sites of the Government, your local shopping stores etc … but, also your home pc, tablet and phone. Oh forgot your RFID debit and credit cards. Need to go back to pen and paper, but even then the MAN still holds a library of information on you, just like Thai Immigration! 😆

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Train said:

I don't think count for Airlines. Don't need.

I think nothing really works.

I don't have to think if it counts, I know that it does.

I have had one for 20 years, and it's been required, for example traveling to Africa, I needed proof of a Yellow Fever vaccine.  It also shows my typhoid, hepatitis, MMR, IPV and pre-exposure rabies, along with my anthrax vaccinations.

Perhaps, you should not be dissing what you don't know about.

13 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

The fake certificates can be made anywhere in the world really - all you need is the basic framework file. But hacking into personal data, that is another thing altogether.  No need to buy one - we have had our vaccinations.

The booklets don't come with information pre-entered.  The booklets are blank and the hospital, clinic or health department enters in the vaccination information along with their official stamp, chop or signature. 

No one gets your information.

3 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Yes, and not just sites of the Government, your local shopping stores etc … but, also your home pc, tablet and phone. Oh forgot your RFID debit and credit cards. Need to go back to pen and paper, but even then the MAN still holds a library of information on you, just like Thai Immigration! 😆

The big issue is banking and financial stuff information. Home PCs are definitely an issue, but phones are by far a more dangerous matter. Many people use phones for online banking and payments, and unlike PCs that require a house break-in, phones can be and are easily taken, lost and found.   There are RFID blockers that you can insert into your wallet - or just use aluminium foil if that worries you 😄

8 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

I don't have to think if it counts, I know that it does.

I have had one for 20 years, and it's been required, for example traveling to Africa, I needed proof of a Yellow Fever vaccine.  It also shows my typhoid, hepatitis, MMR, IPV and pre-exposure rabies, along with my anthrax vaccinations.

Perhaps, you should not be dissing what you don't know about.

The booklets don't come with information pre-entered.  The booklets are blank and the hospital, clinic or health department enters in the vaccination information along with their official stamp, chop or signature. 

No one gets your information.

Yep - got one myself - yellow booklet with stamps/signatures etc about what vaccinations given and when. No personal data as such to worry about.  Easy to fake though. 

3 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

The big issue is banking and financial stuff information. Home PCs are definitely an issue, but phones are by far a more dangerous matter. Many people use phones for online banking and payments, and unlike PCs that require a house break-in, phones can be and are easily taken, lost and found.   There are RFID blockers that you can insert into your wallet - or just use aluminium foil if that worries you 😄

The problem with your last sentance is that if you introduce the idea of a Faraday cage ( although you only mention Al foil to be fair) to the argument many people will possibly think of a sexual device so hence not take the matter seriously 😂

vaccine_cert.jpg.cb5dc9bf9d3e4311931bafb6b2a51ef4.jpg

These should be available from any hospital that gives you a vaccination, from Covid to tetanus.

If you can't enter the details on the app it hardly matters as you should have a QR code on your appointment or vaccination confirmation slip which will serve the same purpose in Thailand - just keep a copy in your passport, as if it's checked you will need your passport for verification anyway as without cross checking the QR codfe / app is useless.

No-one vaccinated outside Thailand will be able to use the app, whether Thais or tourists, so it's never going to be the sole means of verification anyway.

• Like 1

My wife (Thal national) and I both reside in Thailand but received our jabs in the US where there's a better chance of a coup than standardizing on vaccine passports.  I've read about the WHO document, but how do we prove that our paper vaccine records provided after the final jab are authentic? 

1 minute ago, ThailandBob said:

I've read about the WHO document, but how do we prove that our paper vaccine records provided after the final jab are authentic? 

Maybe … if … big maybe ….. you could get the Thai Centre that verifies and issues the Who Vaccine Document  in your area to liaise with the organisation that vaccinated you and your wife in the USA. Maybe a bit (a lot) of ground work on your part, but you never know you maybe have a successful outcome with this. Reach out to both parties and see if this is a possibility, also I am sure Thaiger Talk forum would be interested in the resulting outcome.

• Like 1

Lets say for arguments sake I have had my first vaccine and am going for my second shortly. I live with my Thai girlfriend but we are not married.  Does that mean although I have a 13 digit number on the hospital slip I still cant use the app because 

A) I'm not married and can't get a Thai ID or yellow House Book because I'm not married

B) I need both vaccines stamps before the 13 digit number is put on the hospital computer

I only ask as I tried to register yesterday and fell at the first question which was for the Identification. Anyone know the way forward for a non married expat who want's to eat in Bangkok next month ?

3 minutes ago, gazmo16 said:

Lets say for arguments sake I have had my first vaccine and am going for my second shortly. I live with my Thai girlfriend but we are not married.  Does that mean although I have a 13 digit number on the hospital slip I still cant use the app because 

A) I'm not married and can't get a Thai ID or yellow House Book because I'm not married

B) I need both vaccines stamps before the 13 digit number is put on the hospital computer

I only ask as I tried to register yesterday and fell at the first question which was for the Identification. Anyone know the way forward for a non married expat who want's to eat in Bangkok next month ?

I tried hard but I still can not see any logic between marriage, not being able to register on the app or eating in Bangkok. Perhaps you could explain.

The 13 digit id you received on your slip after your 1st vax so that allows you to register. Or is it the case that nothing on this post has actually taken place hence of no consequence anyway ?

That still does not explain the connection with eating in Bangkok. There are other places too you know 😂