News Forum - Saliva Covid-19 test kits not accepted for entry into Phuket

Thaiger

The Phuket Provincial Public Health Office is warning people arriving in Phuket that any antigen test kit they use as proof they don’t have Covid-19 needs to be a nasal cavity swab, and not merely a saliva test. The health officials warned they will not issue confirmation documents for ATKs that only use saliva and those who arrived with those will be turned away at the Tha Chatchai Checkpoint. Phuket just reopened yesterday for fully vaccinated domestic tourists but those arriving still need to prove that they are Covid-19 free with a valid test taken within the last 72 hours. […]

The post Saliva Covid-19 test kits not accepted for entry into Phuket appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Can just see it now with a car load of Pattaya gals. No we didn’t take the nose cavity swabs, but if we go over there do you and your boys want to see how far down our throats we can swallow the sausage?
Sorry, couldn’t resist!

27 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

"your test no good. must buy our test. 5000 baht. go stand in line inside that room with other people. Next." 

1631162456_1-org.jpg

Rubbish.

Test at Sarasin is 500 baht. not 5,000.

And not stand in room with other people. Is outside, lot of area, one person person. Doctor behind screen with glove hole. 

please not make story. People believe it. Make problem. 

8611E087-1204-480B-835A-AB19AA7898CF.jpeg

2 minutes ago, PhayakPeter said:

So can I use the free ones provided by the UK NHS, they swab nose and throat. 

My sister was gonna send me some but I was worried about  illegal import of covid test kits better than what the government buy.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

My sister was gonna send me some but I was worried about  illegal import of covid test kits better than what the government buy.

You can probably make better ones in your kitchen than the 8.5m that are on the way...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Might get her to pack me a few doses of Moderna in a snowball to keep it cool on it's way.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Griff1315 said:

Thai customs have been impounding them, doesn't allow them to charge for theirs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They just can't help themselves. Do they not listen or are they just stupid and think we will jump through the continuing hoops. Its 1 step forward then 4 back with these clowns. What part do they not understand we will not come with constant stupid rules. Everywhere in the World a saliva test or swab is the norm but not in Phuket. We will not allow ourselves to be ripped off by you anymore, and anyone that desperate to fly to Phuket deserve to get ripped off and scammed.

Edited by vlad
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

Tut Tut Phucket 

Crying out for more tourists yet changing your already over the top rules on a daily basis. 

Exactly. Agree a plan and it’s rules. Then stick to it. Confidence amount tourists is already rock bottom and this does nothing to help. 

There goes my plan to sell "clean" spit on Facebook. Anyone interested in some guaranteed clean spit? Deeply discounted. Would be willing to trade.