Give Mike a break

TonyToneToni

I understand why some people are hard on Mike and Bill. It’s the know-it-all attitude. But Mike isn’t so bad. I say give him a break. On another note, I wish the show would settle into a routine. It seems to change as much as the restrictions to get into Thailand. First the background and hosts, live and then not live. Settle into some consistency for awhile. Please

• Like 3
  • Cool 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Who is Mike ? Who is Bill ? What show ?

Confused of Cheltenham

Whos on first?  Gimme a break? Break me off a piece of that kit kat bar!

1 hour ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Whos on first?  Gimme a break? Break me off a piece of that kit kat bar!

😮 I feel like I'm tripping !

• Cool 1

Topic was incorrectly posted in Phuket where Good Morning Thailand and other Thaiger videos are hosted.

@WilliamG you should now have your answer and if you wish to view Thaiger videos you may find the link in the NavBar above - Thaiger/Video

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Mike and Bill own the company that owns Thaiger, so they have that 'attitude' and unfortunately it shows. But as far as I can tell they are both OK blokes.  They are somewhat dogmatic about their views on things and this very much attracts the trolls.  They could use taking a course in 'media management' from Tim, and lesson 101 is - 'Being Correct is Irrelevant to the camera'.   102 is 'Style is more Important than Substance to the camera'.  Once they pass those and others, then they could learn things like:  'Why most people have to like you to believe you'. 

• Like 3

Don't know what all the complaints are about when it comes to Mike as he talks a lot of sense, grinning Bill on the other hand I could agree with the moans about him, Mike is far better as a presenter.

Mike is getting into his stride and firing back at his Ney sayers now having lightened up on his very serious hard to warm to approach.

Bill can be irritating as he is always the glass half full guy even when things aren't going well but of course his job is to sell with a positive spin so I guess he has to only see the upside of the tourism and hotel industry

The thing is, sometimes Mike comes across as trying to push forward some sort of agenda, in a rather belligerent way.  (Like when he said it is basically no biggie to deal with the extra hoops we need to jump through,  and extra paperwork we have to fill out to get to the sandbox - IMO he was talking rubbish.) Even when I agree with what he is saying, he does come across as too aggressive.  Perhaps it is a defensive attitude :)   He is getting better than his first couple of appearances though.   

I like Mike. He is an expat businessman that has a lot of insight into the realties of life here in Thailand and I hope you continue to have him on the show .  I don't really understand where the negativity comes from about people simply expressing their opinions. He and the rest of the team are only trying to give you different viewpoints to help you make the most of your life here in this wonderful country we have made our home. Tim, Jay's shirts are fine. Stop it. Also, Peewket? Who cares? My Thai wife can't pronounce my name. I still answer when she says Gen instead of Glenn. Let's don't sweat the small things!

I like Mike too. After the first few shows where he acted like he was in a “fugitive line-up”, he has definitely settled into projecting less robotic and/or terrified.

I’ve been watching since about April when I went to the US for a few months and gambled on being able to return via the sandbox. Watching Bill report daily “X days until the sandbox”, while as late as mid June Tim was saying “no way will the sandbox happen as planned” was actually sort of funny. The steady news along the way were helpful, especially during my stint in the “Phuket-Hilton” from July 4-18. As a Bangkok resident that just wanted to get home, the two weeks in Phuket was actually a good time. I was lucky to fly right out to Bangkok the day before they shut down flights. Been home for a few months now, happy to see The Thaiger evolve and grow. 

I like Mike but I do miss Tim.

Cheers

not-a-troll 

• Like 1

Mike's ok, give him a break! 😃

Sure he comes off like a bit of an know it all at times but reading comments in this thread the words POT, KETTLE and BLACK spring to mind a lot.

I am amused by the way he says "Phuket" Not to mention saying people from UK pronounce it that way.....

I'm from UK and honestly in my 18 years in Bangkok I don't think I've ever heard the word Phuket spoken that way but it does make me laugh so thanks for putting a smile on my face Mike 👍