News Forum - Missing baby girl found by cave she was brought to as a sacrifice

Thaiger

In Chiang Mai, a toddler, who has been missing since Sunday evening, has reportedly been found. A man allegedly admitted to kidnapping the girl, who is almost 2 years old, and leaving her outside a cave as a sacrifice to the spirits of the mountains and forest. She was found in a hut just outside the cave. The 44 year old Burmese man reportedly gave rescuers directions to the cave, about 3 kilometres from the village the baby girl lived in, where he allegedly left the 23-month-old girl known as “Nong Gina.” Over the past few days, multiple police agencies […]

The post Missing baby girl found by cave she was brought to as a sacrifice appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

22 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

In Chiang Mai, a toddler, who has been missing since Sunday evening, has reportedly been found. A man allegedly admitted to kidnapping the girl, who is almost 2 years old, and leaving her outside a cave as a sacrifice to the spirits of the mountains and forest. She was found in a hut just outside the cave. The 44 year old Burmese man reportedly gave rescuers directions to the cave, about 3 kilometres from the village the baby girl lived in, where he allegedly left the 23-month-old girl known as “Nong Gina.” Over the past few days, multiple police agencies […]

The post Missing baby girl found by cave she was brought to as a sacrifice appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I read in CM108 that the father's "friend" admitted to leaving her near a cave with some bananas, and that they're now searching that area but that she's not been found yet...

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I read in CM108 that the father's "friend" admitted to leaving her near a cave with some bananas, and that they're now searching that area but that she's not been found yet...

Latest reports says She has been found alive

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Poor thing. Glad she's okay 

With such friends, who needs enemies? 

The guy needs to be put in secure environment for the benefit of society  

3 minutes ago, Fluke said:

The guy needs to be put in secure environment for the benefit of society  

Agreed, but he's not the only one here thinking like this... Not sure they have enough space in secure environments 🤔

14 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Agreed, but he's not the only one here thinking like this... Not sure they have enough space in secure environments 🤔

There's some crazy people with some crazy beliefs like vets not wanting to put my seriously ill dog to sleep because of their screwed up Buddhist religion (I hope when they die they come back as a sick animal and suffer a lot of pain till they die) but I don't think I've seen many people trying to leave human sacrifices. 

I have a friend with a really nice detached bungalow. The ants are everywhere in the house and when you come home you have to really spray everything or your own place will be a sub-colony. She won't kill them... So I make up excuses not to visit there 😇

• Haha 1

Reminds me of a VICE story I read years ago - I've shown this to Thai friends with mixed reactions. The more superstitious ones see this as very good and powerful magic, a few cringed and called it evil black magic that they won't talk about since black magic spirits will hear and haunt them.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/nn9bk7/searching-for-thailands-grimmest-good-luck-charm

That they believe ok, but to sacrifice a child is absurd.. something wrong in your mind

Glad they found her alive and well

Edited by Paco

"According to Thai media, the man said a spirit in the forest told him he wanted a child to live with him."

The police caught 5 spirits and asked the man to identify the spirit that asked him to bring the child. 

One innocent spirit got impatient and said: Really, the police should catch the one who did it and throw him in jail forever! 

Police: *points at him* That's the spirit! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So the thai forest are full of pedo lonely ghosts?......likes em young it seems

Could have just lured a thai teen saying they were giving away Iphones.....yep, down in the cave--free wifi!

Or the man has been dipping into his opium stash again?

Well at least he was burmese--normality returns to thailand and making arrests..

15 hours ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

Reminds me of a VICE story I read years ago - I've shown this to Thai friends with mixed reactions. The more superstitious ones see this as very good and powerful magic, a few cringed and called it evil black magic that they won't talk about since black magic spirits will hear and haunt them.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/nn9bk7/searching-for-thailands-grimmest-good-luck-charm

I can relate to this. My Thai son (born/grew up in Thailand, mother Thai Dr. of medicine, me father farang,) has been brought up to NOT believe things like spirits, ghosts etc., has had many severe arguments with his wife's parents and her siblings.

One of the worst situations was wife's older sister (about 55 years old) who suddenly decides my son should give his 8 year old daughter to an old monk to live with the monk to help the monk make merit for his next life.

Son eventually banned all of his in-laws from coming to his house and if they do meet his in-laws away from their own house my son keeps his 3 kids very close to him and his wife 24/7.

His in-laws have scolded my son several times for, in their view, trying to interfere with what the spirits and ghosts want.

This weird/dangerous stuff still exists. 

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Apparently the investigation is ongoing as a second person may be involved...

https://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/citynews/local/police-suspect-another-person-involved-with-ginas-kidnapping/

Lets hope that the Police fully investigate  this , I wouldn't be surprised if the "ghost" story is just to cover up the real reason . 

10 hours ago, Endeavour said:

This weird/dangerous stuff still exists. 

Yikes :/

I did Muay Thai for many years, and one of my Thai trainers insisted I draw symbols with my foot in my opponent's corner to summon spirits bringing him bad luck. I asked why shouldn't I draw good luck symbols in MY corner. He laughed and said good luck spirits aren't as strong as bad luck spirits. I didn't draw the symbol during my "ram muay" one time and he freaked out screaming at me.

I dated a Thai girl in Chiang Mai briefly also and I discovered her running her finger along the edge of my glass once, so I asked her what she was doing and she just said "nothing nothing" but she was smiling very suspiciously. SO after persisting with the questions, it turned out she was smearing her menstrual blood on the rim of my glass, an "incantation" I would later learn is actually very common around Isaan and particularly certain tribes. It's supposed to make a man instantly and helplessly fall in love. Black magic. Creepy shit.