News Forum - 12 million Sinovac doses to arrive this month or next

Thaiger

1 hour ago, riclag said:

I wonder how much this  purchase had something to do with the chap from China ,complaining about the bad rap , Svax was getting !

"Ahead of this shipment of 12 million doses, 3 million Sinovac doses arrived last month in mid-August. Earlier this week, the Chinese embassy in Bangkok condemned criticisms of the Sinovac vaccine and claimed it besmirched the goodwill China has for Thailand".

Probably very little. I think you'll find it takes quite a while to get an order in place for medical supplies.

9 hours ago, Thaiger said:

"... help reduce morbidity and mortality rates as well as the government costs for treating Covid-19 patients while speeding the recovery of domestic economy and society in general”

At that price it still costs 350 baht a dose, which is more than AZ.

How can you "reduce government costs" when you pay more for what you now admit is a worse vaccine???

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Artemis080 said:

Smart. I was in the first lot of foreigners in Phuket. Sinovac or nothing - btw the island is opening now, so take your chances. Of course, Sinovac it was. Then a month later AZ was offered. Should have waited because now I can't travel outside Thailand and have it recognised and with the half life, may as well be unvaccinated now anyway.

They can sure as heck shove the interdermal 20% of a real vaccine booster to make matters worse.

Sorry to hear that. Doesn’t do you any favors or justice except that it may  have kept you from getting really ill. You should still be ok to a point against the Delta, but you are correct, one of the most important things is if a foreigner or a Thai want or needs to travel abroad and they are just stuck because of the you know who and I see it as anything but in the people’s true interests. 

• Like 1