News Forum - 12 million Sinovac doses to arrive this month or next

Thaiger

The Cabinet Committee has approved a 4.25 billion baht budget to buy another 12 million Sinovac doses. The vaccine will be used for the immunity boost and the cross-formula method. The approval came yesterday afternoon. The vaccine allocation will prioritise 4 target groups: Patients with 7 underlying diseases Those over 60 years old Medical officials, frontliners, public officials who work in high-risk environments general public The Sinovac doses should arrive in Thailand either this month or next. Some of the doses will be used for the cross-formula vaccine injection between Sinovac and AstraZeneca, says government spokesperson Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana. “The cross-formula […]

The post 12 million Sinovac doses to arrive this month or next appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

7 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Is that similar to alchemy, like transforming Sinovac into Pfizer? 

Could be a bit like that "Fools and Horses" episode where they put differant lables on wine bottles

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

Could be a bit like that "Fools and Horses" episode where they put differant lables on wine bottles

Or like Benny Hill is the health minister, and Faulty Towers a vaccine factory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sad to see how the government respects the wishes of the Thai people. Thais are crying out for better vaccines but the money trough is full of Sinovac.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, gummy said:

More like the one where they sell "Peckham spring water" by filling bottles from the hosepipe!

Only_Fools_Mother_Nature's_Son.jpg

• Haha 1

And that "goodwill" by the Chinese people mentioned again...  🤬

That reminds me: I have to write a thank you letter to Big C for allowing me to pay for my shopping,

• Haha 2

I know many thais my wife included who will not take sinovac

Cant honestly see the vast majority being impressed with this

You would have thought the gov would have learnt a lesson

But i suppose cash trumps knowledge

• Like 2

The Cabinet Committee has approved a 4.25 billion baht budget to buy another 12 million Sinovac doses.

Why?  If all of their other "promised" doses are coming, why invest more money in a vaccine that is proven to be bottom of the barrel?

This surely can only be because someone's pockets are getting lined. I smell giant kickbacks here.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

The Cabinet Committee has approved a 4.25 billion baht budget to buy another 12 million Sinovac doses.

Why?  If all of their other "promised" doses are coming, why invest more money in a vaccine that is proven to be bottom of the barrel?

This surely can only be because someone's pockets are getting lined. I smell giant kickbacks here.

Yes, plus (possibly) because these will arrive soon and the others will arrive later. At least they can keep jabbing and follow up with a 2nd AZ later. Only because they ordered quality ones far too late...

1 minute ago, Griff1315 said:

I won't say nobody wants it because a lot of people are desperate for any vaccine. I would say that nearly every Thai I know will not take it. 

Same here.  On the day we got our shots, one of the school's staff thought she could qualify for Pfizer, but they only let her have the Sinovac, not even the AZ that was offered.  Of the three areas in the vacc center, the Sinovac had no waiting, no lines, and no one was getting stabbed.

• Like 3

Only my personal opinion but it seems China is the real ruling party of Thailand. Too much Chinese money invested into massive projects here they just cannot say no to more.

Sorry for going slightly off topic

• Like 2

"This month or next month", how about next year or the year after, then all will be happy. Chinese sell the junk, Thai Govt buys the junk, and the Thai people can junk it, as out of date.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Griff1315 said:

Only my personal opinion but it seems China is the real ruling party of Thailand. Too much Chinese money invested into massive projects here they just cannot say no to more.

And that's how they are slowly but surely taking over from the USA as a superpower...

• Like 1

I could go into detail but it is waste of time on this ongoing saga of we will get them soon, next week, then next month and then......

All I can do is laugh, thank god I had the sense to leave Thailand in August last year as I could see the mess brewing, now in the UK we are mostly vaccinated, open and free (months ago actually).

I will see Thailand in a year's time once it has sorted itself out. 

Edited by JamesR
typo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Same here.  On the day we got our shots, one of the school's staff thought she could qualify for Pfizer, but they only let her have the Sinovac, not even the AZ that was offered.  Of the three areas in the vacc center, the Sinovac had no waiting, no lines, and no one was getting stabbed.

And there you go. True proof of the BS pudding! At CMU my son says that is all they can get and most all of the University students from what he tells me say nope! Including him and my daughter. They are not even saying No thank you, but are saying take that and stuff it where you can't see it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

Ummm and how about the lover of the CCP being the Thai investor for this CCP crumby vaccine? 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

And there you go. True proof of the BS pudding! At CMU my son says that is all they can get and most all of the University students from what he tells me say nope! Including him and my daughter. They are not even saying No thank you, but are saying take that and stuff it where you can't see it.

Smart. I was in the first lot of foreigners in Phuket. Sinovac or nothing - btw the island is opening now, so take your chances. Of course, Sinovac it was. Then a month later AZ was offered. Should have waited because now I can't travel outside Thailand and have it recognised and with the half life, may as well be unvaccinated now anyway.

They can sure as heck shove the interdermal 20% of a real vaccine booster to make matters worse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

I won't say nobody wants it because a lot of people are desperate for any vaccine. I would say that nearly every Thai I know will not take it. 

How many is that?

4 hours ago, Bob20 said:

More like the one where they sell "Peckham spring water" by filling bottles from the hosepipe!

Only_Fools_Mother_Nature's_Son.jpg

Peckham spring water is probably just as good as the sinovac juice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder how much this  purchase had something to do with the chap from China ,complaining about the bad rap , Svax was getting !

"Ahead of this shipment of 12 million doses, 3 million Sinovac doses arrived last month in mid-August. Earlier this week, the Chinese embassy in Bangkok condemned criticisms of the Sinovac vaccine and claimed it besmirched the goodwill China has for Thailand".