News Forum - Tourism officials push for resumption of Russia flights in last quarter

Thaiger

The Tourism Authority of Thailand says it’s essential that commercial flights between Russia and Thailand be allowed to resume during the last quarter of the year. However, under Thailand’s emergency decree, international flights can only operate as semi-commercial, with limited seat capacity. Khanittha Phanworawat from the TAT’s Moscow office says this means the Russian aviation authority is still not allowing flights to Thailand. The Bangkok Post reports that while there is some demand for Thailand in the Russian market, the lack of direct flights to places like Phuket is proving an obstacle. Further exacerbating the situation is Aeroflot’s decision to […]

The post Tourism officials push for resumption of Russia flights in last quarter appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"However, she says the additional costs associated with travelling to Thailand at the moment risk being a deterrent, including payment for multiple PCR tests and Covid-19 insurance."

Do you really think so????

dhiematrix-emoji.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s a market they need to tap. However, unless they make it as cheap and easy as other countries it’s not going in the numbers they need. Thailand has yet to show they truly understand that. 

• Like 2

If they opened up the Russian market before November I reckon we would get some good business for the high season, if they drop all these restrictions 

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand says it’s essential that commercial flights between Russia and Thailand be allowed to resume during the last quarter of the year. …… During 2019, Thailand welcomed 1.48 Russian tourists,

Why? For 1.48 tourists? Was it a mother and child, or 3 dwarfs from the Shire?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

If they opened up the Russian market before November I reckon we would get some good business for the high season, if they drop all these restrictions 

Why just Russia?The same would apply to any country if they opened up without all the restrictions. 

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

Why just Russia?The same would apply to any country if they opened up without all the restrictions. 

Maybe because they're eyeing Sputnik. And because Thailand is not on their red-list? 🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob said:

The post is about Russia

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Yeah get the Russians back the best guest we ever have

I used to take scuba divers out on what is called "Discover Scuba" where you gave customers who had never been in scuba equipment mini-lessons on the boat going to the dive sites. First dive depth limit was 6 meters, second dive 12. I absolutely HATED  Russian customers. Regardless of how much I drilled this into their heads, the instant they hit the water they were headed straight to the bottom of the sea. I had to grab the regulator at the top of the tank and fight them most of the dive.

"Russia has recently resumed flights to 56 other countries, including destinations popular with Russian tourists, where there are fewer restrictions and lower costs, compared to Thailand."

Suprising .....

53 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

The post is about Russia

Correct. I can read. My point was why not open up to any country without restrictions. Especially people double jabbed. Mind you it will suit the Russians. Happy just sat on the beech all day then buy bottles of spirits from the shop and drink back at hotel. So with all entertainment being closed it doesn’t really make any difference to them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

Correct. I can read. My point was why not open up to any country without restrictions. Especially people double jabbed. Mind you it will suit the Russians. Happy just sat on the beech all day then buy bottles of spirits from the shop and drink back at hotel. So with all entertainment being closed it doesn’t really make any difference to them. 

Exactly. Especially when there's no logic behind which countries can enter and which can't.

Double jabbed with a PCR should be enough. Another test on arrival if it makes them happy.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

I absolutely HATED  Russian customers.

This for me was the same. They know no 'limits'.

It didn't stop me from taking a Russian Wife through.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Lowseasonlover said:

I have heard Afghanistan will be opened for tourist soon

Perhaps Thailand and Afghanistan could have a "covid" travel  corridor. 

6 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I have heard Afghanistan will be opened for tourist soon

Well suppose you can get shot in both for doing next to nothing. Like selling noodles. Thai cops or taliban. Mind you at least the Thai cop smiles first 😂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

If they drop all the restrictions, they may get some good business from everywhere. But will they? 

• Like 2